shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding a good place to repair a ring (Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

b_b

Rough_Rock
Any ideas on how to find a good place to repair a custom ring I had made? The place that created it is out.

It''s platinum and the sapphire is set via a tension setting (I think - no prongs...) It''s been beat up a bit by my wife, including a cycle in the washing machine. The stone is loose, it''s got some knicks, and one side of the setting now looks a bit larger than the other side. It seems to me that this is not going to be a trivial repair job, which means that I want a good place to take care of it, not some shady operation down in Jeweler''s Row.

Thanks!

Oh, and I am willing to send it somewhere, so the place doesn''t necessarily have to be physically located in Chicago.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Go to European Designs and Manufacturing, 5 South Wabash Suite 401A. Hubert is an EXCELLENT jeweler and will do a great job on your ring. He''s made and/or repaired several pieces for me and I can''t say enough good things about him. Phone # is 312-372-3096. Not sure of their exact hours, so call first.

(I don''t think I''m breaking any rules by posting a recommendation like this; if so I apologize!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results