shape
carat
color
clarity

Find Erica a Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ok ok, Frekechild is right and I need to get my butt in gear and actually find a wedding dress. My wedding is coming up fast (April!) and the dress I ordered from Nordstrom is out of stock with the earliest shipping date of the end of February.

Details:
Ceremony is on the beach in Mexico, followed by dinner at a restaurant
very small - 8 guests total
I am extremely laid back and don''t want something too foofey
I''m VERY well endowded (36DDD) so I''d prefer something with straps or something where I can wear a big ''ole bra under it
CHEAP! Like under $500
I don''t care about designer, fabric or anything

I''ll post a few I''ve tried or that I like to get the ideas flowing. I''m ok with tea length or mid-calf but I''d prefer if it didn''t have a crazy long train.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t tried this one on yet, but I really like it. Alfred Angelo

ericaraadress1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Another Alfred Angelo. I have an apt there on Saturday.

ericaraadress2.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I have tried this one on, but it feels too stiff and formal for a beach wedding and I think I''d feel uncomfortable. However, it looked smashing!

ericaraadress3.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Can''t seem to snag the pics from the DB site, so here are some links:

I like the idea of this one, but am afraid my boobs would be exploding out: DB Tea Length dress with sheer straps

This is another one where I think it would need to be pinned to keep the boobs in check: DB Wrap Dress

I did try this one on, but again it felt really formal, stiff and heavy for a beach: DB with sweetheart neck

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
So based on those does anyone have any suggestions for other ones I should check out???

Please?

I''m begging...!

:)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
This dress has a neckline similar to the one that was flattering on you.
Nordstom dress

_5736462.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:22:54 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
Nordstom dress
that is beautiful!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 10:55:53 PM
Author: EricaR
Another Alfred Angelo. I have an apt there on Saturday.
Ok, so this is the one with the pretty gold band around the waist by alfred angleo - a lady in lace on the beach... i loved this one!!!!! i tried it on, and my sister loved it too - it's very lightweight and breezy and beautiful - AND it comes in three colors - 1. ivory on ivory 2. the gold you pictured and 3. a rose colored sash - i'll try to dig up a picture for you. All three are beautiful!!!!

I think where i tried it on it was around $750....but worth it in my opinion. I'm not considering it b/c it was so lightweight and i'm gettting married in the winter. I'll attach the pink shade below - here's the best picture of it (and it's from the back - it's from the Alfred Angelo website) but it will have no train once its bustled. definitely try it on!

girlfromalfredanglowebsite1.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are going to alfred angelo anyway, how bout this??? you could possible see if straps could be added...and it's under $600!

short dress alfredangelo.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or this....i don''t know if the picture shows it but it has a removeable skirt from underneath, so you can take it off and it''s tea length lace...i''ve seen it in real life and it was very pretty.

othershortdressalfredangelo.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I say J.Crew!

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/womens/forthebride/PRDOVR~86454/86454.jsp Spaghetti straps
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/womens/forthebride/PRDOVR~63050/63050.jsp more substantial straps. my bridesmaids are wearing the short version of this in chiffon and it is GORGEOUS. I''d order 1 size up from what you normally wear
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/womens/forthebride/PRDOVR~96230/96230.jsp cap sleeves
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/womens/forthebride/PRDOVR~11831/11831.jsp straps

All of these are under $400 as well. Plus you can order and return to the store...make sure you look for coupon codes as well

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I love the J Crew dresses, but i can''t fit my boobs in them!
7.gif

BUT! On a whim I just checked CraigsList. Someone is selling this dress from Alfred Angelo for $100!!!

FINGERS CROSSED!

ericaraadress4.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:31:38 AM
I love the J Crew dresses, but i can't fit my boobs in them!
7.gif

BUT! On a whim I just checked CraigsList. Someone is selling this dress from Alfred Angelo for $100!!!

FINGERS CROSSED!

I tried that dress on at AA and it was absolutely gorgeous! I'm not a lace person though, so I didn't stick with it. I think the store quoted $699, but $100 is a steal no matter what the original price. If you like it, great choice!

If Alfred Angelo doesn't work out, there's always the chance to buy off-the-rack at David's Bridal. They have some gorgeous destination wedding dresses in their Galina collection. This was one of my favorites and could accommodate a supportive demi-bra. Same with this. This is a nice lace one that you could probably add spaghetti straps to. I'd probably avoid the halters as they wouldn't work with a bra. Good luck!

ETA: I love this one; so simple and pretty with a tiny little sweep train and could easily handle a bra.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:31:38 AM
I love the J Crew dresses, but i can''t fit my boobs in them!
7.gif

FINGERS CROSSED!
It''s beautiful! I also love the first two Alfred Angelo''s you posted!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Erica,
I am getting married in jamaica and i had the same criteria. i also have the same size bust as you and i am only a size 6.. i went to davids bridal against my will) and i actually found the perfect dress. its REALLY light which was important because of the climate.
link - its also under 500.00

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:22:41 AM
Author: cbs102
Erica,
I am getting married in jamaica and i had the same criteria. i also have the same size bust as you and i am only a size 6.. i went to davids bridal against my will) and i actually found the perfect dress. its REALLY light which was important because of the climate.
Oh wow, I couldn''t possibly give a suggestion for a dress for DDDs! I had to stuff! But I love that dress and if it works with a large bust, it looks like it would be great for a small beach wedding.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 11:25:27 AM
Author: MaggieB

Date: 2/5/2009 11:22:41 AM
Erica,
Oh wow, I couldn''t possibly give a suggestion for a dress for DDDs! I had to stuff! But I love that dress and if it works with a large bust, it looks like it would be great for a small beach wedding.
A big ditto to this!!! I love love love this dress....when i thought i was getting married on the beach, it was one of my favorites. It looks really pretty on all the girls who show themselves in it (there are some larger chested ladies in there too). On the David''s website, if you scroll down under the picture, there are testimonials with all the women who want to post themselves in that particular dress. I LOVE that function, and this dress has lots of pictures of women wearing the dress.

Also, Davids has a sleeve option on each of the dresses - look just above the price of the dress. Any of the options can be added to any dress if you like to help hold it up :) With the lace, i am not sure how it would work, but here''s one option that is very pretty.

sleeve for dress234.jpg

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I will try to post a few pics of the dress in real life... this dress is so simple and the comments that i have gotten is that it looks vintage. i tried the dress on with that corset bra and it was a little too bulky underneith- although it did hold the girls up quite well!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
here is the back

cbs0001.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Did you have a problem with it being too low in the back and your bra showing? That is my concern with that one.

I made an apt with a local shop for this afternoon. Supposedly they have a large number of samples and off the rack dresses available so wish me luck. No word back from the craigslist gal so I decided not to wait for that. If she gets back to me, great. If not I don''t want to lose any more time.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 2:42:58 PM
Did you have a problem with it being too low in the back and your bra showing? That is my concern with that one.

I made an apt with a local shop for this afternoon. Supposedly they have a large number of samples and off the rack dresses available so wish me luck. No word back from the craigslist gal so I decided not to wait for that. If she gets back to me, great. If not I don''t want to lose any more time.
Erica,
I had no isse with that dress at all. i thought that it was so comfortable and i loved that i could actually wear a really supportive bra with it.

anyway, good luck!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:22:54 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
Nordstom dress
I tried this one on about two months ago and it didn''t look so great.
7.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:06:22 AM
Author: violet3
If you are going to alfred angelo anyway, how bout this??? you could possible see if straps could be added...and it''s under $600!
This is one I tried on at AA last time and really liked! I like it minus the skirt because just the "over dress" looks adorable!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 2:47:31 PM

Date: 2/5/2009 2:42:58 PM

Erica,
I had no isse with that dress at all. i thought that it was so comfortable and i loved that i could actually wear a really supportive bra with it.

anyway, good luck!
My David''s didn''t have it!!!!!!!!!! Boo-hooooo! I went in there after work yesterday with a print off from their site. First they tried to tell me that I couldn''t come in because I didn''t have an appointment, but when I saw three sales associates sitting around chatting I pushed a bit and got in.

Of course, they didn''t have that dress in any size near me. Since I can''t fit one boob in a size 2 dress I had to skip it. They are expecing more dresses in next week so hopefully that one will be included.

It ended up not mattering because I GOT A DRESS! I went over to Jinny''s Bridal in Huntington Beach which I cannot recommend enough. If you live in the area that should be your first stop. They were so warm, welcoming and sweet and I felt at home instantly. I was speaking with the owner (I didn''t know that at the time) and told her I wanted a cheap dress. She immediately pointed me in the direction of a rack of samples, most of which were $200 and under. Sweet!!!

I fell in love with two dresses, both from Mori Lee. Both had a sweetheart top, strapless, slim A-line. One was $450, had a corset back, and lots of beadwork across the bodice and along the corset in the back. There was a scattering of beads down the back and across the train. The other was $199, zipped up and it fit me like a glove! It had just a small line of beads around the waist and it was gathered on the right hand side. I kept trying both on, and the owner finally said I''d be stupid to go with the more expensive one when the cheaper one looked just as good on! Since it was a store sample it does need a bit of work - two of the buttons on the back are missing as are a few of the beads along the waist. I told her that I sew, so she went into the back and dug out a bag of beads from the same collection (they match!) and some buttons that match so I can add them on myself. And she''s throwing in a shawl. Because i need to work on it she''s giving it to me for $150! I can''t seem to find a photo of it online, but next wednesday I go in to get it altered (needs to be hemmed a bit) and I''ll take some then.

Woo-hooooooooooo!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Erica,
I am so happy that you were able to find a dress! what a weight off your shoulders that must be!!! it sucks having a large chest and always feeling so defeated when you cannot try on a dress!

all of the things you menetioned about david''s was why i really did not want to go there. i had an oddly easy time but from what i have heard your situation is very common!

anyway, congrats again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results