shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigE

Shiny_Rock
I finally have my pictures uploaded. To view them please go to:

http://photobucket.com
Username: Ring_photo
Password: Ring_photo

I proposed before her Birthday in Puerto Rico. Put the ring in a pair of nice ice skates I got her and made her try on the shoe, and of course she found the box. The rest is history! I proposed at a lighthouse overlooking the Carribean ocean in PR. It worked out perfect!

Enjoy the photos...

The ring was hand made in NC by a local jeweler/artist. It ring itself was made from a solid piece of platinum instead of being made from a cast. The diamond was cut from a Belgium company, is a VVS2/H 1.35 carat center cut with micropave on the angles of either side of the ring. It also has a squarish bottom to creat a more artistic look to the ring and also prevent it from sliding on her finger sideways.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
BigE, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a nice proposal!! I just viewed your photos - VERY BEAUTIFUL ring!! The palm tree in the background gives the photo a nice touch as well. I really like how the shank tapers in toward the stone. The ring is gorgeous on your fiance''s hand. Best wishes to both of you!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! The ring is beautiful, I love how the pave has a knife edge. It''s gorgeous, well done!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, very unique! I love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I think we need more photos, though, please! (Only next time, maybe you could post them here, for us lazy daisies!!!!
2.gif
)

Congratulations!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 8:22:29 PM
Author: Lynn B
Beautiful ring, very unique! I love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I think we need more photos, though, please! (Only next time, maybe you could post them here, for us lazy daisies!!!!
2.gif
)

Congratulations!
36.gif
Ditto
2.gif

But it sure is gorgeous! Love it!

bigE

Shiny_Rock
I added some more photos...if anyone knows how to reduce the size of my 1000 kB pictures to the maximum required 100 kB size let me know and I''ll try to post them on here directly...otherwise, they''re on http://photobucket.com

Thanks for looking,
BigE

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Pic 1

huck1.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Pic2

bobbopic484.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Pic3

eric8978.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Pic4

handpalm.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Pic5

mar.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Pic6

skypalm.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock

palm343ju.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock

sidemar.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Well, guess I figured out how to post the pics!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Big E & Big E''s lady!

Swoon-able! And so unique. I can see what you meant by "artisan" now! One request -- ya GOTTA get us a straight on shot of the stone so we can enjoy all the facety beauty. Excitement!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
BigE- That was such a cute proposal idea...and a BEAUTIFUL ring! Any girl would be so lucky!!!!

Congrats! You two make an adorable pair!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Of course the ring is gorgeous, but your dinner looked really good too! Looks like the two of you had a really nice time. I love the photo with the ice skate, in the tropics - ha!

Which lighthouse, if you don''t mind me asking?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
You all are just adorable...the ring is gorgeous too of course
3.gif
congrats on your engagement..

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Not sure the name of the lighthouse, but it is the only one in Rincon, PR.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Is this the one? Great surfing in Rincon! What a wonderful engagement!

RinconLighthouse1.jpg

bigE

Shiny_Rock
That''s the one!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats!
36.gif

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful ring! Really! Congratulations.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!!! Looks like you two had a great time on your trip also! Congratulations!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where did you get the ring made in NC? It is beautiful. Congrats on your engagement!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congrats.

I love the pics of it with the palm trees in the background!

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Tacori E-ring, here''s a diamond ring that a friend of mine had him made...it reminds me of yours, very similar but different too. Not sure if she had it made by him with a "Tacori" ring in mind or not or she and he came up with the design on their own.

The artist is really creative though and each ring is one of a kind as they are each hand made with no casts. He makes one ring at a time so each is its own piece of art. He has a lot of other nice jewelry in addition to engagement rings.

I was just amazed that he started with a 4mm x 4mm piece of platinum for my fiances'' ring and removed pieces of platinum so that the entire ring is one solid piece of platinum. Nothing was casted or soldered, even the prongs are from the original piece of platinum that he used.

The jeweler is going to make us a wedding band that tapers towards the center with a micropave on either side of the ring on each side of the center that comes in the middle and meets.

I was lucky to get the ring as four other couples were interested in it. The jeweler had an open house the other night and each of the couples was there, and they all wanted to see my fiances'' ring. They seemed a little envious. I was lucky I got the ring. I purchased it the day after we saw it, and she still had no clue...she thought maybe Jan or Feb, but not Nov.

BR_IMG_0184_M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results