shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally set my mint grossular

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I love my new ring so I wanted to share a picture. It's a 1.17 carat blue green mint garnet (sports lovely fluor), so because its not that big I picked a dainty Stuller setting that I hoped would make the stone the star. So glad to see it set and not sitting in a gem jar. :twirl:

_35940.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful but we need MORE pictures. :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful setting. More pics please. :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice looking - what color is the metal?

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I decided on white gold although I love rose too. Here is another photo. I have trouble taking photos with the ring on my hand. They never are very crisp!

greengarnet.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone. Just love it.

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Your setting is beautiful and the stone is just a lovely color. As you can see from my avatar blue/green's are my favorite colors. I recently obtained a nice greenish blue tourmaline that I want to have set. It is smaller than yours but I wonder if a setting similar to yours would help make it appear larger as well ? Did you purchase your stone and setting together from the same vendor ? I am new to having loose stones set and am a little lost at this point. I don't have a reputable jeweler that I work with in my area and the vendor I bought the stone from doesn't set them. He just cuts them. Not sure what I am going to do yet. Watching, listening, and learning from all my fellow price scope friends.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! The setting came way after I bought the stone. Check out Prima gems. The color I wanted in a mint grossular garnet took me a long time to find. It's a similar color to cuprian blue green tourmaline but with much more sparkle. Most of the grossulars I had seen were more a yellow green. Plus the geek in me wanted strong fluorescence under black light. I love how this stone reacts to light sources and I find it stunning in all light. Someday I hope to afford a bigger version. My local bench jeweler helped me order the setting from Stuller and then he set it for me. I do think keeping the setting smaller helps make the stone look bigger. I like halos but I wanted to see the stone from the side though the prong setting. The stone has a deep belly and I didn't want to waste all that color and glow.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great color!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree great color! Love the milgrain in the setting. Very nice!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and setting. Your stone proves that you can create a lot of oomph with a relatively small stone. The color is amazing and it indeed seems to glow. You have made some great choices. Enjoy wearing your ring and please post more pics.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love the color of your stone! I hope to get a mint garnet eventually, I just worked with Prima on a tsav, they have such a great selection & so nice to work with.

Your setting is very pretty! I agree that while halo's can be stunning with gemstones it's really nice to be able to see the belly of the stone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Beautiful!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results