shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally GOT IT. My experiences and my ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
Hello again everyone,

So... I must once again say THANK YOU. This community has been absolutely amazing and so informative my quest to buy a ring became a real hobby. I feel like actually know what I was buying, and found the whole diamond experience fascinating.

After evaluating 100''s of certificates and seeing about a dozen jeweler''s, making a trip to NYC, and experiencing everything from 5th Avenue stores to 47th street and speaking to some of the highly recommended shops available on pricescope I finally bought my ring. I fell in love with the Tiffany Solitaire and had a stone on hold through USA Certed (1.25ct GIA ex/ex/ex) and was going to have a setting made by Superbcert. I was literally set on going this route and was about to wire money over to the diamond broker in NYC.

Then by absolute FLUKE I received a call and stumbled upon a silent charity auction and I bought this, which I wanted to share with everyone here..... I fell in love with it... I hope she will... The color, or should I say complete lack of color in a D stone simply amazed me compared to the G color stones I was looking at previously. I know many here are not fans of Tiffany, and honestly I did not have a brand preference, but sometimes some things are too good to pass up ;-)

Tiffany 1.04 CT, D Colour, VS1, with Tiffany and GIA cert, Excellent Cut, VG Symmetry, VG Polish, Fluorescence None, I don''t have the GIA cert with me so I don''t have the remaining numbers.

IMG_0042(small).jpg

---

IMG_0043(small).jpg

---

IMG_0024(small).jpg

---

IMG_0054(small).jpg

9.gif
I am super excited now. Just wanted to share my excitement :)

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
I have no idea what happened to my post title... "Finally GOT". It was supposed to be "Finally GOT IT. My experiences and my ring". Anyone know how to change the darn title?

A little more information of interest... the ring came from a charity auction, and I had it shipped to Tiffany Head Office in NYC for inspection, revaluation and re-sizing. I had a great experience with them, and they did not charge me a penny.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Love it...there''s something about the Tiffany solitaire that gets me every time!!!
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! I''m always impressed with people who get a tiffany''s, but don''t pay the full price for it. Awesome, blue box without the additional premium in $$. Tiffany''s really does a nice job with settings, I love their design tastes and their classic solitaire is no exception. Congratuations!

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments. It is fun to be able to share something like this with a community online, because I am keeping my lips zipped.... NO ONE ELSE KNOWS :) ha ha

Now I just need to figure out the proposal
2.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Since it was a charity auction, you can write it off !!!!!! Or can you?

And will you tell her?

Gorgeous ring and congrats on the great deal and engagement.

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
You cannot write it off unfortunately
1.gif

Sure I will tell her... once I figure out how I am going to propose to her to start with
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations... It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
Lucky woman...
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congratulations!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
what a gorgeous ring. I would be thrilled to open a Tiffany box, especially knowing he didn''t have to pay the markup for it. It is perfect - such a classic!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Verrrrrrrrrr nice...congrats!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The Tiffany solitaire is a classic and there is just something special about it! She will be thrilled!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. LOVE that you didn''t pay full price. She may love that as well as loving the diamond.
21.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
You did great! Beautiful classic ring. Such a white and clean diamond. I''m sure with that cut it must be amazing in person.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a terrific opportunity! I love it!

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, I really love the Tiffany and settings.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
How great is that? a Tiffany''s ring...and D color too!
30.gif

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your nice compliments and comments.

A few days ago my girlfriend and I were with some of her friends, and they all started to talking about diamonds, and started talking about the earings and rings that they have.... It is hilarious as I listen to people talk and here things like "the 3 K''s are important", and the best color is "A" coming from some people.... BUT even though this site gave me what feels like a colelge education on diamonds... I kept my mouth shut and just pretended I don''t know or care about diamonds. I even got my girlfriend frustrated at one point when she brought up that she heard Blue-Nile is an amazing site with amazing prices (i guess advertising works)... and i just brushed it off... to the point that she said "it is not even worth talking to me about diamonds because I will never appreciate them"
9.gif
... IF ONLY SHE KNEW
19.gif

The longer I have it in my hands the more exciting this is getting.

I''ll make sure I post here... when she hopefully says "yes"
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
OH MY! How perfect! Congratulations!

Date: 12/18/2006 10:20:59 AM
Author: superlizzy
I...just pretended I don''t know or care about diamonds. I even got my girlfriend frustrated.... she said ''it is not even worth talking to me about diamonds because I will never appreciate them''
9.gif
... IF ONLY SHE KNEW
19.gif
Your girl''s lucky indeed, but she does have a pretty SNEAKY guy...LOL

Do you plan to propose soon?
1.gif

widget

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
Your girl''s lucky indeed, but she does have a pretty SNEAKY guy...LOL

Do you plan to propose soon?
1.gif

widget
The SNEAKY guy is hoping to propose before the New Year...
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s beautiful, great find!

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Wow! You are a smart man not to pass that one up.
30.gif

Good luck with the proposal.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just the love the icey white D - very beautiful!
36.gif

Good luck with the proposal and please post some hand shots!!!

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 1:02:58 PM
Author: Rock Candy
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just the love the icey white D - very beautiful!
36.gif

Good luck with the proposal and please post some hand shots!!!

The D color just has this beauty to it. It is very different for me, since I was originally planning on buying an H, then a G. I was actually set on the G's and loved the G color stones I looked at . When people say that higher colors are "warmer" it is true, and is definately a matter of taste. A D color stone has this crispness and icyness that is hard to describe.

About the hand shots... if she says "yes"... i promise i'll get some. Maybe i will even show her this site
19.gif
I just hope she does not like the site too much since diamonds have a way of getting adictive
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results