shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally giving in - here''s my wedding set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
1.01 VS2 G color
E-ring setting has another carat, wedding band is a 1/4 carat
Unfortunatly, I don''t know much else about it - I got this before I discovered the joys of pricescope. But I still love it.

I have three pictures, all taken with my camera phone - I''ll take some real ones this afternoon, but I was bored at work just now so I took these

27.gif
(Forgive the slight blurriness...I can''t tell on the tiny screen when they are in focus heh.)

alring11.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Another view.

alring22.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Last one til I get home tonight.

alring33.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set, congrats!!!!
36.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy! My set is apparently one of those that you either hate or love - I have gotten a lot of rude reactions to it when I''ve posted it online :/ But I don''t care, I like it. And I doubt it will be a forever ring - eventually I want an upgrade.

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
I like how the set fits together like a little puzzle!

I agree with you that the style is one where people either love it or hate it, but I don''t think people should be rude about it :) I also got my e-ring before my Pricescope days, so we have something in common :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your set, it is very pretty and so unique!
Ignore the rude comments!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies :) Let me tell you, finding a wedding band that fit the curve of my e-ring seemed impossible...and is also how I ended up at crappy Zales, hah.

shortee78, I saw your post about going to a more simple solitaire, and I totally agree with you. I have considered getting a solitaire SO many times because my ring is just kind of weird. I won''t ever be able to solder the rings together because they aren''t a perfect match, and a solitaire seems so much easier. (Plus I could get a BUNCH of wedding bands to swap out!) But I love my ring. :)

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Your set is beautiful. Enjoy it, don''t listen to rude, negative people.
emsmile.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
No kidding, they''re not matched? You must have looked high and low to find that band. I would have sworn it was a set.
As long as it pleases you, rock it with pride
35.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 8:20:43 PM
Author: purrfectpear
No kidding, they''re not matched? You must have looked high and low to find that band. I would have sworn it was a set.

As long as it pleases you, rock it with pride
35.gif

It was total luck that I found this band. I had been to a bunch of jewelers, and we were so tight on cash I was afraid we wouldn''t be able to get me a wedding band. We got quoted 1k almost everywhere because it''s kind of an odd shape - most rings curve in the opposite direction, for some reason. I had settled for a chevron ring, which was the closest I could find. Then I went with a friend to get her ring cleaned at Zales, glanced down, and saw this one. And bought it straight away before someone else could take it! It''s so close you can''t tell they aren''t a matched set, but they rub the white gold off each other so I think eventually I will either have to get a band made for it or put my diamond in a new setting. I figure this one would look awesome with a colored stone in it though, so I may do that. :)

Now I am done babbling
20.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 11:03:06 AM
Author: MonkeyPie
Last one til I get home tonight.
I like your set, it is different and not like everyone else''s. That''s why it is unique. Your smaller ring looks very much like my daughter''s new engagement ring. I saw her''s finally as she eloped to Vegas and I am here in Buenos Aires, Argentina and could not make it there. We got to see it live though on comp. Back to the rings, I also got mine before Pricescope.
Again your set is outstanding.. love it.
35.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I like your set! It''s unique and has personality. You seem like a fun person with creativity! They are quite substantial. And I agree - they look perfectly coordinated!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
They look made for each other. I had the same thing happen with my original e-ring way back when. I too found a band at Zales that matched perfectly just by chance. Ignore the comments, it''s a lovely set.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I love your set! It has a lot of motion/movement to it visually.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MonkeyPie, they''re beautiful! Very original looking and elegant!
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is so neat was the first thing I thought when I saw your rings. No one here will diss them. We love the unusual. Anyone else who would dare to be rude can take a flying leap as far as PS is concerned. Your rings rock.

shay

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your rings are very pretty and unique. They''re very feminine with their flowing fluid lines. Forget the rude people. They''re not worth your happiness. Stick with us. We''ll keep you smiling!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Monkeypie - I LOVE your original setting! May I ask where it came from?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely set! I cannot imagine someone being rude about it! How terrible.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I totally thought it was a custom set that you had made--I can''t believe you found the wedding band independent of the engagement ring! That''s amazing! I think it''s a beautiful set, and think it''s awful that people have been rude to you about it! How boring would life be if everyone liked the exact same things?

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I can''t imagine anyone being rude about that beautiful set. I hope you don''t let it get to you cuz it''s absolutely lovely!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much ladies! I''m so glad to find people that are more open-minded about my ring :) It really makes me appreciate my ring even more.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 2:35:06 PM
Author: geckodani
Monkeypie - I LOVE your original setting! May I ask where it came from?
This was before my pricescope days - I found it at Jared''s.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results