shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally found decided what to do with my mum's MRB

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mum finally gave me her 1.8ct+ MRB few ago, and I remembered being at the jeweller when she selected the stone over 40 years' ago, and was with her when she had it re-set in its current setting at an other jeweller. Therefore, it has sentimental value.
It is not an ideal, and there is an extra facet in the girdle, however it is very sparkly and the colour is G/H and VS clarity.
I had it looked it by Diamondhouse's representative in London when I thought about having it re-cut into an ideal, and decided against it for a number of reasons, cost being a big factor.
The ring setting is not to my liking, being prongs and too high. Besides, I do not want another substantial diamond only ring, and do not like MRBs (I prefer OECs).
Pics of my mum's ring with my 1.19ct E VS1 for comparison, apologies in advance for the fuzzy pics in advance.
IMAG0353.jpg IMAG0375.jpg

I thought about re-setting it into a convertible ring/pendant or just a pendant in a paved diamond flower design, and have not got round to doing it as it would cost an arm and a leg. It would be a special occasions piece.
Setting it into a simple bezel setting or even a diamond halo will simply disappear around by chunky neck!
And then I saw this pendant set with a CZ in the charity shop where I volunteer, and fell in love with its simplicity, and it is a design that I can wear on less formal occasions.
Not having it set for a while though, hopefully some time next year.
IMAG1949.jpg
It is a curve and not a flat plate, and I may change the design to have a shiny plate instead of satin finish.
Glad that the setting dilemma for my mum's stone is finally resolved.

DK :))

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool!

Sometimes things just need time for the universe to show us the way :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool!

Sometimes things just need time for the universe to show us the way :))
Very true!
The profile of the plate is a thin S curve, it was love at first sight.
Hopefully it will not be too expensive to make.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea, it’ll be really striking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results