shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally did it!!

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

After much debating and thinking and months of research, i finally pulled the trigger on my upgrade. It a 2.82ct K color VVS1 GIA certified emerald cut stone with the dimensions 8.97x6.90x4.68mm. I am now looking for ideas for settings. Im not sure whether to go for white or yellow gold due to the color of the stone being K. Please post your suggestions and ideas on how to set this lovely. :) Thanksss

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely go with yellow gold. And if you do anything with side stones you should get them in a similar color range.

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
omg you guys, thank you'll for all the ideas and input. the stone is currently getting put in a placeholder setting by my family jeweler and will be delivered in 10 days because im still not sure of the setting i want to put it in :( after reading all your posts it looks like yellow gold is the way to go. but i want to try different settings to see what they look like on my hand and the pandemic has made this so difficult. all non essential businesses are closed due to lockdown in toronto, so guess il just have to wait until stores open.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Diamonds can pick up a little bit of color from the surrounding metal. I would personally go with a white metal setting unless you are looking to emphasize the slightly tinted color. The stone in my profile image is a lower color stone and you can see how beautiful it is in platinum. If you search for "platinum gia K" "platinum gia L" etc. you will find a lot of examples of lower colored stones set in a white metal and see what they look like. And the same thing for "yellow gold gia K."

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinum prongs on a yellow gold shank!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
ive seen k color and even L color diamonds look great in platinum and yellow and rose gold. but personally favor warm metal with warm diamonds. to my eyes, i prefer to enhance the warmth. i wear h color ideal old european cut diamonds set in yellow gold.

i feel either way you go it will be gorgeous. the question to ask yourself is, "what do i want to see??"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results