shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally decided on Signed Pieces settings....lots of questions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
After many months of changing my mind about the setting I wanted every couple of months...I''m happy to say I''ve finally made a decision....well that is unless there are any negatives I''m missing :)

Here''s the wedding band.....and I''ve gotten a quote from Signed Pieces to make a matching engagement ring.

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=4000

As far as diamonds go, I''m 95% sure we''ll go with a round center stone. I had considered a princess cut for this setting in hopes that it would really stand out from all of the other rounds in the setting. However, we''re looking at a .75-.85 carat center stone and since princesses usually look smaller for their weight (as compared to rounds), we decided to get the most for our budget, a round would be best. My boyfriend is a grad student so the budget for now is limited. The only thing I''m worried about is the round diamond just blending into the setting. Maybe not so much when I''m just wearing the engagment ring, but with the band as well, I''m a little worried about it. However, the settings will only be 1.9mm wide each so I''m hoping in person it won''t all blend in. Thoughts?

Which leads me to my next question...does anyone have pictures of a 1.9mm setting on a size 5 finger? Is that wide enough to be strong enough to hold the diamonds? With such small diamonds will it still be sparkly or just shimmery? Does that make sense at all? :) I am a girl afterall and love sparkly things :)

I know I''d read a while ago with issues with the Signed Pieces settings having the diamonds rubbing together. Has anyone gotten this setting recently? Is there any diamond overhang? As long as the diamonds don''t overhang, I shouldn''t have to worry about the girdles rubbing right? I''m going to request that the head of the engagement ring is high enough on the band that the diamonds on the wedding band don''t rub the prongs.

Since I''ll be getting the diamond and the settings from different places, who sets the stone? Also, my ring size may be 4 3/4 (everyone that''s measured it gives me a different size) but Signed Pieces only does whole and half sizes, right? Can I get someone else to size the ring or is that not safe? What about the sizing "pillows" or whatever they are called? Are they worth it for a 1/4 a size? Are they confortable?

Umm...that''s all I can think of right now. Am I missing anything I should be asking them about? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Nope, I''m a girl :) My name is actually Miranda but my nickname is Murr (first syllable of my name) :)

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering if anyone else could answer my questions?? I know there are a lot!
9.gif
Thanks!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well I can''t answer all of your questions, but maybe I can help with a few. I have a three stone ring that is on a very thin (approx. 2mm) shank with three sided micropave. The thin shank supports the diamonds just fine and I think it makes the stones look bigger than a wider band might. The tiny diamonds on the shank do add some extra subtle sparkle to the overall design and the ones on your rings would be bigger. I also wear a size five and the ring looks just fine although mine is a three stone so you don''t see as much of the setting. I do agree with you about going with a round over a princess cut in order to maximize size. I bought princess cut studs a couple of years back and had to go up to 3/4 carat each in size to get the same overall look as 1/2 carat rounds. I don''t think however that your round center stone will blend in with the ring because you are going with a thinner shank that will enable it to stand out.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sundial! I think I should have split my questions up into separate posts??? It is quite a bit to read.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results