shape
carat
color
clarity

Finalized engagement plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamonewb

Rough_Rock
Ok, my plan is a photo story. On the day I decide to do this we are going to plan to go out to eat. Halfway to the restaurant I am going to "forget" my wallet. So when we get back to her house I am going to reach under the car seat and hand her a package. I will tell her its a late V-day gift and to go ahead and open it while I am searching for my wallet.

The photo books first page will have a sticky note that says "Read each page carefully before you get out of the car".

Here is the photo book she will see:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZsmjJi1ZNWLpY&notag=1

The last page will have a sticky not that says "find me inside....I have a pen and the package"

So what do you think?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your link said this when it opened:

Sorry, an error has occurred, and the page you were trying to go to is temporarily unavailable.
Please click the ''Back'' button to return to the page you were on before.

Maisie

diamonewb

Rough_Rock
Weird, its working for me. Maybe shutterfly had a small hiccup when you tried. Try it again.

Anyone else having issues seeing this?

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
I get the same error... maybe you can post a few of the "highlights" right here in the thread?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes its working now!! She is going to love it!!!
36.gif

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
That works - very nice! I''m sure she''ll love the trip down memory lane. Its great how you transition into the "huh, what''s going on?" mode talking about her friend helping you out, your trip to Houston, etc. She''s gonna be mighty curious at that point... Thank god she doesn''t have to wait for the images to load like I did!
9.gif

I''m not sure if its too late to make any edits - and if it is, these are really no big deal - but the natural grammar policeman in me caught a few typos.

On pg. 2, "talked to much" instead of "talked too much"

On pg. 4, "your stuck" instead of "you''re stuck"

Good luck, man!
35.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, I just love your plan!!!
36.gif

diamonewb

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 1:21:52 PM
Author: ILikeBond
That works - very nice! I''m sure she''ll love the trip down memory lane. Its great how you transition into the ''huh, what''s going on?'' mode talking about her friend helping you out, your trip to Houston, etc. She''s gonna be mighty curious at that point... Thank god she doesn''t have to wait for the images to load like I did!
9.gif

I''m not sure if its too late to make any edits - and if it is, these are really no big deal - but the natural grammar policeman in me caught a few typos.

On pg. 2, ''talked to much'' instead of ''talked too much''

On pg. 4, ''your stuck'' instead of ''you''re stuck''

Good luck, man!
35.gif

My spelling and grammar are both horrible, and I am 27 lol.

I think she would find it suspicious that I made zero grammar errors :) Having the grammar errors in it makes it that more personal hehe.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got tears in my eyes and I don''t even know you both!
Excellent idea!! Very creative, kinda that same thing I''m giving to my boyfriend for Valentines Day, but without the will you marry me part! lol

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 2:33:41 PM
Author: diamonewb

Date: 2/12/2007 1:21:52 PM
Author: ILikeBond
That works - very nice! I'm sure she'll love the trip down memory lane. Its great how you transition into the 'huh, what's going on?' mode talking about her friend helping you out, your trip to Houston, etc. She's gonna be mighty curious at that point... Thank god she doesn't have to wait for the images to load like I did!
9.gif

I'm not sure if its too late to make any edits - and if it is, these are really no big deal - but the natural grammar policeman in me caught a few typos.

On pg. 2, 'talked to much' instead of 'talked too much'

On pg. 4, 'your stuck' instead of 'you're stuck'

Good luck, man!
35.gif

My spelling and grammar are both horrible, and I am 27 lol.

I think she would find it suspicious that I made zero grammar errors :) Having the grammar errors in it makes it that more personal hehe.
Yup, and they're not like you're spelling her name wrong or anything.
3.gif
I doubt she'll even notice though the tears, etc. FYI, I'm 27 too, and proposing in 2 days (V-day, followed by a surprise 5-day vacation/celebration in Amsterdam
9.gif
). Good luck!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m actually crying....it''s that sweet.
I don''t even know you!
It is hands down one of the best proposals ever.

One thing though...what if she tries to insist that she''ll pay for the meal? I only ask because that''s something I would probably do if my boyfriend forgot his wallet.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Incredibly touching and thoughtful. She will never, ever forget that you did this for her. Congratulations.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I love proposal and engagement stories. Congrats to you both!!!
36.gif
36.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So sweet! getting teary-eyed just looking at it...

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
That is soooooooo sweet!!! I too thought about the her offering to pay, because I''d also do that if it was me and my guy. So if that does happen, just remind her that it''s a hefty ticket if you get pulled over without it! And plus you''ll need it if you want to have a drink with dinner. :) Tell her you''ll be quick about it and look! here''s this late v-day gift to keep her occupied while you go find it .

Really though, it is sooooooo great! I got tears too looking at it! Perfect!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That is the cutest proposal ever!!!!!!!!! Seriously. I love that your girlfriend will have a book to keep forever remembering this special time. Congratulations!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
That is so sweet! My eyes are filling up!

I''m sure she will be thrilled.

diamonewb

Rough_Rock
Wow, seems like I came up with a great idea :) Judging by the way everyone is reacting I say this is going to work out really well! Much better then my Scavenger hunt idea

I also thought about her offering to pay, but the drinking thing is a great excuse to turn around and get it. I just hope she opens it while waiting in the car.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Adorable proposal....super sweet
emstar.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
See things like this restore my faith that men really are imaginative!!!
9.gif
WOW.. I would say yes.... SOOOOOO What happened??? You engaged or what???
31.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve choked me up.... that book is fabulous and what a wonderful keepsake. Go for it, she''s going to love it. Just make sure you come back and tell us how it went. We also want to know about the ring.... please!!!

diamonewb

Rough_Rock
Well she said yes last night!

Everything went as plan!! She cried a little :)

She also couldn''t stop staring at the ring and wanted to bring the book with her everywhere afterward! So I think we can put this idea in the books as a A+ idea!!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Congrats the book idea was so great!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
SO CUTE! Love it!

VERY creative having everyone hold the signs.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 3:59:41 PM
Author: diamonewb
Well she said yes last night!

Everything went as plan!! She cried a little :)

She also couldn''t stop staring at the ring and wanted to bring the book with her everywhere afterward! So I think we can put this idea in the books as a A+ idea!!
36.gif

Congrats, your idea was unique, and sweet!

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
SHE SAID YES... WOOHOO!!!
36.gif
CONGRATS!!!!
37.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thats such a cute idea!! i love it shes one lucky girl

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Chiming in a bit late, but oh my goodness, that was the cutest, sweetest proposal! Congrats on your engagement! (Ring pics???)

N8-Star

Rough_Rock
just read this too... very nice job!!! Congrats on the engagement!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results