shape
carat
color
clarity

Final Season of the Tudors on Sunday night

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
And could it POSSIBLY be any worse than the 3rd season?
emotion-18.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHAT? Sacrilege!!!! I love the Tudors and can''t wait for the next Season! I''m sad it''s the last
7.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the ones I''ve seen, I can''t understand why they don''t age him. I guess no one would watch it if Henry actually got realisitically old, fat, and gangreneous

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I make this comment with each season. But realistically no one wants to see the "real" syphilitic Henry. Though I think Russel Crow could carry the role well.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I''m bummed it''s the final season! I''ll have to wait until DVD though because I don''t get Showtime.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2010 8:02:52 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
DH and I make this comment with each season. But realistically no one wants to see the ''real'' syphilitic Henry. Though I think Russel Crow could carry the role well.
Yes, but I''m married to the history nerd who can''t suspend his disbelief for one.single.second.
20.gif
The only series that met his exacting standards of authenticity, was the HBO series "Rome", which he actually shelled out for.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 7:22:19 PM
WHAT? Sacrilege!!!! I love the Tudors and can't wait for the next Season! I'm sad it's the last
7.gif
As a former history major the historical innaccuries are absolutely KILLING ME
emotion-39.gif
. Seriously, the HEAD OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH in England slashes his own throat?
31.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 8:10:10 PM
Author: ksinger

DH and I make this comment with each season. But realistically no one wants to see the ''real'' syphilitic Henry. Though I think Russel Crow could carry the role well.
Yes, but I''m married to the history nerd who can''t suspend his disbelief for one.single.second.
20.gif
The only series that met his exacting standards of authenticity, was the HBO series ''Rome'', which he actually shelled out for.
your husband has good taste: not only did he marry you, he loved "Rome"!

mz

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guys, it's a dramatic quasi-fictional reproduction of a historical time period, NOT a documentary. Of course they're going to take liberties. That's what cable TV is all about. Sex, blood and inaccuracies!

BTW, apparently there's talk of a Rome movie.

And I was a history minor so I do notice the inaccuracies. I just watch it like a totally different story though.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I loved Rome - what a great show. I love the Tudor era and so I notice the inaccuracies, but I don''t let it bother me since it is a show.

I hear there''s also a show about the Borgias that will be on Showtime, I think? Or was it HBO? And there''s a Pillars of the Earth miniseries too. Really excited about both!

Sadly I don''t get Showtime so I''ll have to wait until the DVDs are out as well
7.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 1:03:37 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Ooh I loved Rome - what a great show. I love the Tudor era and so I notice the inaccuracies, but I don''t let it bother me since it is a show.

I hear there''s also a show about the Borgias that will be on Showtime, I think? Or was it HBO? And there''s a Pillars of the Earth miniseries too. Really excited about both!

Sadly I don''t get Showtime so I''ll have to wait until the DVDs are out as well
7.gif
otherwise, it would drive one crazy!

wo, the Borgias! now that would be interesting!

mz

ps i refuse to ....and have refused for years.... to pay for cable so Rome, etc. are all seen on dvd. i prefer it that way: i can watch episodes back to back.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2010 4:24:43 PM
Author: movie zombie

20.gif
The only series that met his exacting standards of authenticity, was the HBO series ''Rome'', which he actually shelled out for.
your husband has good taste: not only did he marry you, he loved ''Rome''!

mz
1.gif
Thanks MZ!

Yeah, what did I come home to find one day? A day that I myself was expecting something in the mail? I see a box in the living room, and think, "Oh wow...my stuff is here!" but as I get closer I realize, it''s a replica Roman legionnaire helmet. Face guard flaps and all. Hoooookay. Or, when I come home to find him in the garage making something. "Whatcha makin''?" say I to him as he is wrestling with thin sheets of wood. "Making a scutum." says he. "A scutum??" (with just a bit of "D''UH" in his voice) "It''s a Roman shield." Riiight. Shoulda known that.
20.gif
There''s also another shield and some sort of sword in the corner of our computer room. I just try to act nonchalant. "Why of course my husband keeps replicas of Roman and other period weapons. I mean, doesn''t everyone''s?"
20.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 5:30:09 AM

20.gif

mz
1.gif
Thanks MZ!

Yeah, what did I come home to find one day? A day that I myself was expecting something in the mail? I see a box in the living room, and think, ''Oh wow...my stuff is here!'' but as I get closer I realize, it''s a replica Roman legionnaire helmet. Face guard flaps and all. Hoooookay. Or, when I come home to find him in the garage making something. ''Whatcha makin''?'' say I to him as he is wrestling with thin sheets of wood. ''Making a scutum.'' says he. ''A scutum??'' (with just a bit of ''D''UH'' in his voice) ''It''s a Roman shield.'' Riiight. Shoulda known that.
20.gif
There''s also another shield and some sort of sword in the corner of our computer room. I just try to act nonchalant. ''Why of course my husband keeps replicas of Roman and other period weapons. I mean, doesn''t everyone''s?''
20.gif

That''s hilarious. I guess he could have a worse hobby.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 5:30:09 AM

20.gif

mz
1.gif
Thanks MZ!

Yeah, what did I come home to find one day? A day that I myself was expecting something in the mail? I see a box in the living room, and think, ''Oh wow...my stuff is here!'' but as I get closer I realize, it''s a replica Roman legionnaire helmet. Face guard flaps and all. Hoooookay. Or, when I come home to find him in the garage making something. ''Whatcha makin''?'' say I to him as he is wrestling with thin sheets of wood. ''Making a scutum.'' says he. ''A scutum??'' (with just a bit of ''D''UH'' in his voice) ''It''s a Roman shield.'' Riiight. Shoulda known that.
20.gif
There''s also another shield and some sort of sword in the corner of our computer room. I just try to act nonchalant. ''Why of course my husband keeps replicas of Roman and other period weapons. I mean, doesn''t everyone''s?''
20.gif

LOL! Too funny!

And MZ, I can''t wait for the Borgias show. I was staggered when BF told me he had no idea who that was though (esp since he''s usually so knowledgeable about history! But his expertise starts post-18th century and mine ends post 18th century
2.gif
)

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also looking forward to the next Tudors.. boning up on all old episodes to catch up.

I also loved Rome, but we have been totally caught up in Starz series Spartacus.. when Spartacus ends the Tudors should start up again... yippee..

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 7:46:56 PM
Of the ones I''ve seen, I can''t understand why they don''t age him. I guess no one would watch it if Henry actually got realisitically old, fat, and gangreneous

But I think the actor really conveyed the darkness and heaviness and dangerous craziness of Henry even though he was still thin. He seemed to carry great weight through his clothes and gait and managed to convey the decayed condition of the aged Henry- it made me more impressed with the series.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results