shape
carat
color
clarity

Final fitting... never had a "real" dress thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
So my final fitting was today! I am super excited, but a little concerned. There''s a slight bunching at the waist/under the bust. MOH was with me, and said it looks fine, and I''m not sure if I''m overreacting or anything, so I need your opinions as to whether or not I should take it back. It fits, good, pretty snug, but I''m able to breathe and sit down w/o any problems. Maybe it''s just the dress? Or maybe I should try it on with spanx or something (I hadn''t planned on wearing spanx)? I was only wearing underwear underneath... they had sewn cups into the bust. The seamstress also took in a little from the hips all the way up to the bust. Did she take in too much, causing that bunching? Am I being nit-picky? I''m home now, but so is FI, and I can''t zip it all the way up on my own, anyway...

It''s La Sposa "Margarita" by Pronovias -

Grr pic didn''t post

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
On the model... it''s a shame she''s in that weird pose

margarita7893.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Dress on me...

lynndresshorray.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
again...

lynndress9283.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see very minor bunching and it looks like it could just be the fabric under the lace. I wouldn''t worry too much about it. It''s a lovely dress and looks even lovelier on you!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
farther away... looks like fire, I am covering the flash w/my finger

lynndressfire.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Hudson! I guess it''s the dress, it looks like the same bunching''s on the model (who needs a cheeseburger, IMO)

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
dress detail...

dressdetaillynn.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It could also be from your position. They way you have to hold the camera to take the picture makes your shoulders hunch forward a little which collapses your rib cage.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
my shoes, which weren''t buckeled all the way (I was too excited to see my dress!)
PS Please excuse my un-done toenails!

lynndresswshoe.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Lynnie, you look gorgeous! The dress is SO much better on you than it is on the model, and that's saying something
9.gif

I didn't really notice bunching anywhere except the second picture, I don't think it's a big deal unless it makes you very unhappy. My first thought was, has the dress been steamed and/or pressed? If not, try that and see if it helps. I think Spanx would be helpful, too, if you're not opposed to wearing them...it's amazing how they just make everything look so much smoother. But I do think that you look lovely as is!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
Thanks, Octavia!!! You are too sweet!!
No, it hasn't been steamed... maybe I ought to try that! The thought never crossed my mind... And I do have a pair of slimming undies... kinda like spanks, that I bought for a wedding (I was a BM). They come up almost all the way up to the bottom of the bustline (did that make sense?). But I can't zip the dress up by myself, and can't ask FI for help! lol I'll have to have my mom over tomorrow.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well first of all, it''s GORGEOUS! I do see the bunching and it could be a couple of things. First of all, it might just need to be steamed.

Or is it a bit snug there? Sometimes if fabric is a little snug it will pull like that. So she could have taken it in too much. If you can''t zip it yourself that seems like a very good possibility.

Or it could just be something weird between the lace layer and the under layer. I would try it with Spanx and see how it looks, and if it still does it, I would take it back to the seamstress. You don''t want to wear a dress you''re not completely happy with!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Why didn''t I get a back view?
The best one I got, the reflection shows the bustle...

lynndressyay.jpg

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Thing, thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try the spanx.
I see what you mean about the layers. It does seem to be the underneath layer that''s getting bunchy.
Before I got the dress altered, I could zip it up, no prob. But now I''m afraid I''ll either bust the zipper or won''t be able to get back out of it!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Lynnie, the dress looks gorgeous! You will be a stunning bride.

I don''t have any advice for the bunching, but even though I''ve never worn them, I trust the miracle of Spanx.

BTW, I love the titles on your pics...too cute!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Your dress is absolutely stunning!!!! The bunching is not noticable, I promise.

And sweetie, if you put slimming undies on, you would disappear
2.gif
Your figure is stunning. The dress is stunning. The shoes are stunning. St-u-u-u-ning!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! You look stunning! And I love the shoes with the dress!!! (Even unbuckled!!!)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow lynnie that dress is gorgeous and you look beautiful in it - better than the model
30.gif
30.gif

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
I don''t think there''s any noticeable bunching. The dress looks gorgeous on you.
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
You look beautiful!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, you look stunning! The bunching is not noticeable IMO.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 10:29:16 PM
Author: Lynnie
Thing, thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try the spanx.

I see what you mean about the layers. It does seem to be the underneath layer that''s getting bunchy.

Before I got the dress altered, I could zip it up, no prob. But now I''m afraid I''ll either bust the zipper or won''t be able to get back out of it!

Firstly you look amazing
30.gif
, that dress is beautiful.

If your having problems with the zipper she may have taken out a teensy bit too much, maybe have a chat to the seamstress about it.

Personally I think you look fantastic but if you not 100% comfortable and happy I would say something.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Lynnie - Your dress is gorgeous and you look fabulous in it. Love, love, love it!!! Seriously, that gown is outstanding! I don''t see a thing wrong with it or the way it looks on you.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Lynnie, I love your dress on you. I prefer it on you then the actual model. You are stunning! I didn''t notice the bunching too terribly either and it does sort of look like it is caused by the way you are holding your arms to take the picture. Your shoes are gorgeous too!!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Rarely does a dress look better on a real person than it does in the model shot.. but it looks waaaayyy better on you! (Sorry model, if you''re out there - but you gotta admit she looks fab!)

Just a very minor question: I didn''t notice anything until I saw the side shot, but are the sewn-in cups sitting lower than your actual natural bustline?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your dress looks amazing on you!! It took me a while to notice the bunching-I really wouldn''t stress about it too much. Your dress shows off your amazing figure.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
You look absolutely stunning! I tried really hard before I could see bunching too... I think you''re fine, but if you''re going to worry about it, maybe you could call the seamstress and see if that''s something they could fix?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress! It looks good on your figure! I only notice the bunching bc you point it out. I wouldn''t worry about it. Did you bring it up to the tailor? Maybe she has a quick fix idea. I love your bustle!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You look stunning!!! What a gorgeous gown!

Something that may be more comfortable than Spanx (and give a smoother line on the thighs) is a pant liner. Same material as the spanx, but you can find them in Marshalls, Walmart, and Kohl''s for less than half the price. Because it goes all the way down to the knee (or just past the knee), it gives a smooth line all the way through the thighs. You know how some gowns show the slightest bump where things hit at the thighs? A pant liner won''t let that happen. If you are doing the garter thing, you may not want to wear something like that, but if you aren''t then it''s the most comfortable foundation in the world!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results