shape
carat
color
clarity

Final 4 diamonds

OptimusPrime

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have narrowed down the hunt to the following 4 diamonds and would like your opinions on what would be the best.

TIA

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask for side-by-side pictures of the two ACAs.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask for side-by-side pictures of the two ACAs.

Good call. If the F and G are close in color, I would request the G first just cause of the size difference. And if it was eye clean enough for me, and I liked the color and the performance, i would go for that one. If the F looks significantly whiter, I would look at that first, and then decide from there.

But these are my priorities. Color does matter a lot to me. What about you? What is more important to you? Size or color? Since these are ACAs, the cut aspect is covered.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I am very sensitive to color and I would see the difference between and F and a G. I just don’t want anything not colorless at this point in my life.
If you are okay with the G, why would you not go for the 2ct over the other Gs?
I would pick an ACA or a BG over the true hearts. It is my understanding that the true hearts are not on par with WF ACA nor BGD.
I love a smaller table which the 2 carat has. There is not a link to the BG for me to see it.

I would definitely be drawn to the extra size of the 2ct G over the others. Second the suggestion to look at the ACAs first. The cut is beyond reproach and the upgrade policy is better than BGD and JA. So I would see what your priorities are for the other Cs. For me, carat (size) is the most imp, followed by colour (I can’t see a diff between F and G) and then clarity (for clarity all I need is eye clean).

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious, how do YOU and YOURS prioritize the 4 C’s? Are you in agreement or have varying opinion? FYI, she always wins, lol.

Do you have certain concerns or specific questions about a particular stone?

The 54.8 table and 75 LGF’s on the BGD are pretty dreamy IMO but I like small tables and fatter arrows because those can create big fire. However that 2ct WF is also tasty.

I would be tempted to go to Houston and coordinate with both vendors to see all 3 stones (2 WF + 1 BGD) with your own eyes and see if one talks to you.

I bought my wife’s stone from BGD but hands down WF has a better trade in policy. While this may seem trivial now, life changes. WF makes it easier to trade stones as you get dollar for dollar as long as you trade for a stone of equal or greater value.

BGD has a good trade policy too but it’s more restrictive. It has to be equal or greater value + increase 2 of the following 3 C’s: carat, color or clarity. Indirectly this will force the majority of buyers to spend more dollars making it less plausible to do a “sideways” trade if you find a color is too warm and okay sacrificing some size to gain higher color while keeping the dollars nearly the same. Or starting with higher color, clarity and size could be a more expensive upgrade. What happens if you learn G SI1 is your “sweet spot” for instance? Or what if you prefer lower color & clarity and just like to upgrade size?

With JA, you are forced to spend 2x the original purchase EACH TIME you upgrade. So in this case think $16k, $32k, $64k, etc. IMO this is the worst of the group.

Of course if you never upgrade, or choose to keep and simply buy a new stone that upgrade policy becomes less important

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
It would be the 2.068 carat ACA for me! It should be amazingly sparkly and white, and you’ll get that nice bump up in size. I would just triple check that it’s eye clean, but I believe Whiteflash would ensure it was as an ACA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results