shape
carat
color
clarity

Filtered Water

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tigger0031

Rough_Rock
We just bought a Reverse Osmosis system by GE..the GXRM10RBL

I have some questions on it....it seems to constantly be running water into the drain....I saw another post about filtered water on here and was wondering if anyone had this system...we live 200 miles for the Home Depot we purchased this at, so would like to see if it will quit eventually or not. ANY HELP would be great!! Thanks!!

Jessica in Montana

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m not an expert by any means, but did a brief bit of research a year ago. My understanding is there are two different types of reverse osmosis systems. One of them does end up "wasting" several gallons of water for every gallon of water it filters, and that may be what is going down your drain. There is another type of reverse osmosis system that has zero wasted water. You might want to check and see if your system is the first type.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
We have reverse osmosis systems in the labs at work. Granted, they are professional systems and not home use ones, but the principles would be similar. I have seen models that constantly run water down the sink, seems like a huge waste to me. You can get adaptors that pump the waste water around for another go, but I am not sure if they are available on the home ones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results