shape
carat
color
clarity

Fiery...you offered, so I''ll bite *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I think there is a strong possibility that FI and I will be getting married in PR (we''re liking the idea more and more). So if the offer still stands, I''d love any and all information you can share.

Thanks mama!

xoxo

Bia

Ideal_Rock
double thread...sorry! computer froze
29.gif

feel free to delete
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
(I hope they delete the other one, because I have questions!)

Bia! I want to hear about your wedding! I wanna know what you have in mind and what you''ve done so far! I know you have the Nicole Miller dress on the way (I got my shipping confirmation today!) but that''s all I remember seeing!

So SPILL IT lady!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Oh Freke, Freke, Freke...girl, I have no idea
33.gif
14.gif
32.gif
40.gif
39.gif
16.gif
2.gif

A month ago a destination wedding was out of the question because we had too many locals to invite. I had casually brought up a DW to FI months ago because I liked the idea of a small, intimate (and less expensive!) wedding somewhere beautiful. AND, since I have so much drama in my extended family, I thought a DW would cut out a lot of the b*ll$#*+. Those who can come, great! Those who can't, even better! FI was dead set against it, BUT, now that things are starting to get complicated, he's liking the idea more and more. Plus, he loves Puerto Rico and thinks it would be a great way to pay tribute to his family (his grandmother who passed esp) and his roots.

So...here we are. His mother emailed me some information from the Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel in Rincon, PR (which is gorgeous
30.gif
). Not sure how "less-expensive" it is compared to NYC, since it's one of the more luxurious hotels in PR. Check it out and let me know what you think. *By the way, what made you decide to have a DW in Vegas instead of a wedding at home? Was it just that you and FI love Vegas?*

Some things I love about the idea are: I love the idea of having a salsa band.
36.gif
Especially if they are really good and can do all types of music. I love the idea of being by the beach because I love the beach (who doesn't?). I also love the idea of having just the people who really, truly want to be there, you know? BUT I also feel sad because a lot of my friends and FI's family friends probably won't be able to make it, and I know they are waiting for our wedding because they tell me every chance they get! Plus with the economy the way it is, I feel bad subjecting people to another extravagant expense.

I don't really have anything planned so far. I just know that I don't want a "poofy" dress. LMAO THAT'S IT! Seriously, I'm like the lamest bride ever. WEtv should have a show called, "Brides who don't know $**t about $**t," because I'd be perfect candidate, and that way I could get some help!
32.gif

So, looks like I'll be calling on you all to assist me in the wedding planning for at least the next year and a half. Hope you're ready
27.gif

The Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
a) I LOVE that hotel.
b) I''m doing math homework (due tomorrow) so I shall be back later to answer the question.

(Boo on math homework!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bia!

We are here to help!

As for what made us decide to go to LV instead of here in town...

1. I want a small wedding. If we had it in town I would feel obligated to have at least 200 guests.
2. I didn''t want to feel obligated to invite people.
3. I didn''t want people to feel obligated to come.
3. I want only people I want to be there, to see me get married, none of this, "Well they are your 9th cousin removed..." BS.
4. I wanted to invite only people who would come--not just to go to Vegas, but also wanted to see me get married.
5. I wanted to save my dad some cash.
6. I wanted to have control over pretty much everything. At my mom''s funeral, my aunt and my mom''s friend came up and decided that they were going to plan my wedding. Uh, no.
7. Vegas is our place. We''ve gone there on all of our trips together, we made our relationship official there and he proposed there.
8. Vegas is super easy to get married in.
9. It''s an 8 hour drive from where we live, so if people can''t afford to fly, hopefully they can still make it.

I could probably go on...but I''ll spare you.

I agree completely with wanting to only have the people who really want to be there. That was a huge point for me. And it''s hard asking people to pay for this trip--even though I certainly don''t expect wedding gifts. For us, it''s more than gift enough just to have them there. But that''s still hard to think about. Especially with my best friend''s having to scrape by as it is (they started saving over a year in advance, since they knew I was getting engaged before I did!)

I''m having to make some sacrifices because of the DW, but the most important thing to me is the size. Right now that''s causing some tension with my dad because he wants to invite more people (that I don''t want there) but doesn''t want the budget to go up. UGH.

It''s a work in progress.

But we are here to help! Have you guys thought about dates yet?

BTW, I told FI about your tv show idea...he laughed. He never laughs at PS stories...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
This one! This one! LOL

9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful hotel!

One of my friends had a live salsa band. When she gets back to me I''m sure she''ll have her list of people she spoke to. The girl went nuts planning her wedding from here and loved it so much she wants to continue wedding planning haha. All of her vendors were PR vendors and they did a really great job (I sat and watched the video with her recently...beautiful!)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Freke: I love that you''re doing it your way. Good for you. I need to find my backbone when it comes to our families.

Especially since we are starting to get a lot of unsolicited opinions (and ''advice'' from people). Also, FI doesn''t want a cookie-cutter wedding. Meaning, he wants something different (but what the h*ll does ''different'' mean?), and sometimes that makes things even more difficult. I don''t know how easy it will be to plan a wedding in PR from NY, but Im definitely intrigued, so I will keep you all updated.

As for dates. Originally, thinking the wedding would be in NY, we thought November/early December of 2010 would be good. Maybe even do a Christmas-sy themed wedding. However, if we do a DW, I don''t know how practical that will be, what with the holidays and everything. So it has to be discussed a little bit more seriously.

Any ideas, please throw them my way
4.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
THAT-HOTEL-IS-GOREGOUS

30.gif
30.gif

Bia- I hope to be around and help you out with your wedding planning! I''m here for you girl!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Bia just wanted to check in to let you know I haven''t forgotten
9.gif
Friend is on business trip and the other is still on her honeymoon or on part 2 of her honeymoon...something like that. LOL

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:02:24 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Bia just wanted to check in to let you know I haven''t forgotten
9.gif
Friend is on business trip and the other is still on her honeymoon or on part 2 of her honeymoon...something like that. LOL
Don''t give it a second thought. I am patiently waiting...

AND I''m not shy about reminding you if you DO forget
3.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

My friend sent me a list of vendors she used for her wedding. I''m going to send a message to the Mods to make sure its ok to post vendor information on here.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
I just noticed this. I was married in PR and have some resources there.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Just noticed the hotel is in Rincon. Rincon is a very pretty smaller town. Have you ever been there? Do you specifically want Rincon or are you open to anywhere in PR? It is about 2-3 hrs from the San Juan area. If guests did not want to stay at the Rincon hotel, since you mentioned it''s pricey, there are a lot of smaller inns in the area. There is a beautiful beach there for snorkeling, boat rides, scuba, etc...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Bia, have you guys thought about dates at all yet?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
OK I got the thumbs up so here are the vendors that my friend used. If you want additional info please let me know. I''m working on getting the vendors list from my other friend as well. I can vouch for the photography as she had beautiful pictures.

Casa España (reception site)
Veronica Vazquez
Tel. 787-722-3611

Make up Artist
Joe Lousand
Cell. 787-466-3438

Sweet Esthela (Cake)
Alex Cabrera
Tel. 787-438-8023

D''Coctail (dinner)
Angel Linero
Tel.787-642-6693
Bartolo (Reception Band)
Donald Lugo
Tel. 787-381-2598
11pm-1:00am

Ferrer Video
Mirna Ferrer
Tel. 787-283-7309

Corporate Luxury Transportation
Roberto Espinosa
Tel. 787-769-3300

Juventud y Arte (Musica Iglesia)
Hector Lopez
Tel. 787-767-5712
Babymania (Reception Music)
Gabriel Ortiz
Cell. 787-349-6005
7:00pm-11pm

Yamilette Arana
Photography
Tel. 787-504-9406

Eventus
Zahira Domenech
Decoracion y Coordinacion
Tel. 787-596-1002

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Fiery! Thank you so much for this!!! You're such a sweetheart! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. Did your friend get married in San Juan? Rincon a family favorite destination because it's close to Mayaguez, where his dad is from. But, it's definitely not the only place we are considering. FMIL told me the other day that she wants to treat all of us (FI, me, FSIL, FBIL, baby) to a trip to PR next Feb, this way we can all celebrate FFIL's birthday and also get a feel for PR as a wedding destination...so that should be fun!!!
36.gif

Freke:
No, I still don't have a date set yet.
12.gif
9.gif
Still thinking Nov/Dec 2010.

Dixie94: Thanks for the info. Where did you get married in PR, if you don't mind my asking? Was it a great experience? Pros? Cons? Any info you can offer would be so greatly appreciated.
9.gif
The Horned Dorset is just an option because it is very pricey, and we aren't sure that we'd save that much money having a wedding there versus one in NYC. BUT there are a lot of hotels in PR. If we do decide to have a DW, I am sure we will find the perfect place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results