shape
carat
color
clarity

FI is going to act as an officiant at my friend''s wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So this guy I work with is already technically married to his fiancee but neither of their families know this. Their wedding is May 9th and the guy (another friend of mine) who was going to act at the officiant had to back out yesterday. My friend approached me and asked if FI would be willing to do the ceremony. I had volunteered yesterday but apparent his fiancee doesn''t want a female officiant.

I looked into internet ordination (even though it really doesn''t matter since they are already married) and my friend chose to ask FI to get ordained through the Church of Dudeism. As in, The Dude from the Big Lebowski.

My friend and his fiancee are sorta quirky and they want to try to slip in as many random words into the ceremony as possible. I am glad that they didn''t ask me to do the ceremony because I would probably burst out giggling in the middle of it.

Just wanted to share. This outta be interesting!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
interesting! My sister had a good friend officiant as well, and it was very nice :)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Lol at Dudeism.

I hope you can get a transcipt of the ceremony for us to read!
31.gif

Bex215

Rough_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That''s awesome! You''ll have to give us highlights!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thats awesome, sounds like it will be a fun wedding :D

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
It will certainly be a memorable wedding. The groom and his friends are really in to home brewing and they are going to brew all of the beer for the wedding. Its hosted at this neat museum in MD sort of in the middle of nowhere.

I actually just got a transcript of the ceremony and it was surprisingly normal! I think that if they put in some random words itll be in the vows, which they will recite without FI''s help.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh fun!! They''ll have a blast. I loved having a family member officiate, and he blew everyone away.

Church of Dudeism... I love it. Awesome!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Haha, that sounds awesome! I''m sure it will be much more entertaining to watch than your traditional wedding ceremony.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!! How cool is that? Dudeism...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 1:11:15 PM
Author: kittybean
Haha, that sounds awesome! I''m sure it will be much more entertaining to watch than your traditional wedding ceremony.

It will certainly be very different from any of the weddings I''ve been to in adulthood. This is my first friend to get married outside of a traditional church setting. Nevermind the fact that its the first time a Dudeist Priest will be performing the ceremony.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I love the idea of having someone who knows & cares about the couple officiating - we''re actually having the friend who introduced us officiate our ceremony.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 4:25:25 PM
Author: parrot tulips
How exciting! I love the idea of having someone who knows & cares about the couple officiating - we''re actually having the friend who introduced us officiate our ceremony.
I am excited to help them out. FI doesn''t know them well but I know the groom very well. I''ve worked with him for well over a year and a half and we get along so well. He is such a kind, sweet guy that I feel driven to do anything I can to help him out, even if its just lending my FI to marry them. FI keeps telling me how excited he is. I will be sure to post some pics of him looking cute in his suit (hey, that rhymes).

Thankfully Eavan will know the person who marries us. His oldest uncle is a Catholic priest. I had never been excited about the prospect of a church wedding but I know its important to FI and his family. I figure at least we will get hitched by someone who shares genes with FI! Certainly makes it special!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
That''s awesome!

Hope YOUR wedding planning is going well! Can''t wait to hear more details!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:15:58 PM
Author: Clairitek
Nevermind the fact that its the first time a Dudeist Priest will be performing the ceremony.

Dedeist Priest...hehehe, I love it!

FI and I are thinking about doing this -- getting legally married before the actual wedding so we can have a friend officiate for us. Since PA is kind of wacky with officiant regulations, and we'll have to deal with the INS for FI's green card and don't want any legality problems, we don't want to mess around with online ordination and whatnot. But judges are apparently hard to come by in these parts and could be a little impersonal, so having a courthouse marriage and then friend as wedding officiant has been lurking on our minds...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 10:51:40 PM
Author: Octavia
Date: 3/17/2009 3:15:58 PM

Author: Clairitek
Nevermind the fact that its the first time a Dudeist Priest will be performing the ceremony.

Dudeist Priest...hehehe, I love it!

FI and I are thinking about doing this -- getting legally married before the actual wedding so we can have a friend officiate for us. Since PA is kind of wacky with officiant regulations, and we''ll have to deal with the INS for FI''s green card and don''t want any legality problems, we don''t want to mess around with online ordination and whatnot. But judges are apparently hard to come by in these parts and could be a little impersonal, so having a courthouse marriage and then friend as wedding officiant has been lurking on our minds...

This sounds like a good solution to get the best of both worlds. I hear ya on the green card stuff! I know a couple of people dealing with this sort of thing right now as well. Considering how hard they are to come by and everything you have to go through (even with a marriage!) I don''t blame you for wanting to take extra care. Philly''s City Hall is definitely pretty awesome!

My friend looked up the regulations in Maryland. It sounds like they are pretty darn loose compared to PA!

"A marriage ceremony may be performed in this State by any official of a religious order or body authorized by the rules and customs of that order or body to perform a marriage ceremony. "

So, I suppose, if my friend and his wife/fiancee consider themselves to be members of the Church of Dudeism for one day then FI could sign their marriage license. Thankfully we don''t have to deal with this stuff since as far as MD is concerned, they are already legally married.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! The ceremony would be so damn cool! You should totally youtube it!
31.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
the dude abides.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results