shape
carat
color
clarity

FI and dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
just wanted to share that i''m realising more than ever that the wedding dress is FOR me (I usually worry what others think). I''m paying for it myself and after showing my FI dresses I like (just random stuff from mags, nothing specific), I realise he has no clue about dresses. He said he never noticed any of the dresses at the some 20 weddings he''s been to, and when I showed him a pic of a 10K couture dress, he thought it was one of the cheap ones..IE he couldn''t tell the DIFFERENCE at all. I told him it had to do with the materials and the way the dress fell on the bride''s body, you can SEE the attention to detail. He said, can''t you just wear some spandex under a normal dress and get the same effect? oh boyyyyy. so yes, this dress is for me and hopefully the ladies who are guests will appreciate the level of quailty of the dress i choose
41.gif
(i''m hoping, hoping for a couture one..)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
yep, it''s definitely for you! Don''t count on even your most fashion minded guests noticing a thing. Make sure YOU like it, in person AND in pictures, and that''s really all that matters. There are some dresses my FI thinks are hideous but we usually agree on that. I doubt he will really remember what I wore, but he will remember the general impression and that comes from within... if you feel beautiful, you''ll look beautiful. Couture if you want it, but don''t obsess with it.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Guys can be pretty clueless sometimes about things like that (ie: my fiance sees absolutely no difference between $20 jeans and $200 designer jeans, no matter how much I''ve explained it to him), but since it''s important to you, make sure you like it!
3.gif
It works both ways really because girls are sometimes pretty indifferent toward certain things too, like electronics and cars for example. So as long as you are happy with your dress, I''m sure you will be beautiful and your FI will see that too!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe, I wish my FI was like that! He can pick out the most expensive thing in a heartbeat! He has a really good eye for detail...for example, I showed him the same dress with and without a slight sweetheart neckline (and I do mean slight)...and he said he didn''t like the one without and liked the one with! AAAAggggghhhh! I mean, I like sweetheart necklines too, but the fact that one little detail can change his mind completely about a dress scares me!
41.gif

I am actually kind of jealous of your situation! I wish that I felt comfortable going for only what I like, but everyone in my family has strong opinions. Can you show us some pics of the kind of thing you were thinking of getting? I''d love to see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results