shape
carat
color
clarity

Feldgling centerpiece idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I've been brainstorming centerpiece ideas and was just inspired when I walked into my living room a minute ago. I have a cobalt blue wine bottle saved from a medieval fair (YUM homemade root beer!) sitting on my mantel. Since I'm strongly considering blues and purples as my wedding colors, what do you guys think of the idea to get some cobalt glass bottles (kind of like the pic below - 375mL, half a normal wine bottle size and about $2/ea online) with just a few flowers in them? Not sure what I would put around the bases, maybe some loose flowers or just the favors, whatever those end up being. Ribbon could be tied around the bottle, or maybe print some custom wine labels? Definitely a work in progress, but I think it may be a good step towards an affordable centerpiece. I don't expect us to have a terribly large floral budget to be able to put big flower arrangements on every table, and I want alternatives to candles since so many venues don't allow them. Any thoughts or ideas?

bottles.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s definitely something to consider! I like the blue bottles. I would personally do three of different shapes and sizes with a couple of stems of flowers in each. Why don''t you try a mock up with the existing bottles you have and see if you like it, then post pictures... that would help you and us get a clearer idea of what the look you want is and how we can help!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so I don''t have the resources to make a real mock-up right now, so instead I sketched my ideas before I lost them. I think they''d end up being pretty inexpensive, but they''d take some time and effort to cut the bottles, smooth the edges, and do the etching. This setup would use 1 clear and 2 blue bottles all the same size. Two of the bottles would be cut below the neck at an angle. Either that, or I could use a couple different sizes if cutting proved too difficult. Then, one of the blue could be etched all over to give it a frosted look (front right in sketch), one could be left as is, and the clear one could have an etched design with our monogram and wedding date or something. I have no idea what flowers I want yet, so please excuse the sloppy renditions of "flowers".
19.gif

centerpiececollage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results