shape
carat
color
clarity

Feelers:FS/Swap sapphire/diamond/platium/WG art deco watch

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wondering if there's any interest in my art deco sapphire and diamond watch. My wrist is a 6.5" and there are 2 links I had removed-so probably 7" is the size it could fit.

The case is platinum and the band is 100% white gold. The filigree is beautiful (leafs) on the band and it's in working order.

It just doesn't get worn and my lifestyle isn't going to change and I'd prefer something else instead of funds tied up in this. I spent YEARS on ebay/rubylane searching for the right style/script for the numbers-100% gold band (most are filled or silk cords). The jewel movement is swiss made-17 jewel I think.

I love this watch but I'd prefer a bezel set sapphire and diamond RHR. I'd prefer an antique or something James Meyer in style. I would consider other pieces of similar value though. Yellow gold or white gold-it doesn't matter.

I can take more photos but right now all I have is the sellers pictures.

sapphire_diamond_watch.jpg

_2489.jpg

watch3.jpg

_2490.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Feelers:FS/Swap sapphire/diamond/platium/WG art deco wat

I've contact a jeweler with regards to figure out pricing. I have no way of getting to a local jeweler to figure out the ctw since I have a newborn but the stones are pretty good size :)

Someone please love it and give it a good home. Since getting it a year ago it's only been worn a few times and I'm always at home in my PJ's and never out and about to justify wearing it. Don't get me wrong-I've worn it to the company christmas party and my wedding and to church a couple of times but that's it. ;(

Found one more photo!

img_1068.jpg

_2491.jpg

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love it!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Mico and Maisie :)

But with 135 views and only 2 comments I don't think I'll have much luck with a sale or swap. Bummer! I had hoped at least one PSer would be interested but alas it looks like I will continue with my other avenues that I've contacted and hopefully something pans out! I'd really prefer it to stay in the PS family since it's so stunning-photos really don't do it justice!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

Good luck! I wish it were me :)

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock

I love it, but I just don't think that it is in my price range!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Price?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm working on a price currently-but for trading purposes it was well over a thousand dollars-and I actually got a really good price on it for what it is. So value wise it's worth more (and if it was being sold by an estate jeweler) it would cost quite a bit more than I got it for.

For me though that really doesn't matter. If it's close in terms of "want" value I have no issues swapping. I have a jeweler giving me numbers for buying it outright and also to consign it. I'm more interested in a swap though. Since I know if I sell it the funds would just go towards my new baby or our house and probably not a sapphire RHR or bling.

I'd also consider a swap + $ since I really don't need a super large sapphire. I'm hoping for a carat (I know it's more mm size) or less. Nice color (not dark-I have a few of those already) and bezel set.

I really love these Caleb meyer rings. I'd also consider a rose cut ring of some sort-I'd love a bezel set rose cut diamond ring.

I have quite a few things on my wish list

OEC/OMC bezel pendant
Sapphire/diamond RHR (bezel set artisan or antique)
Rose cut ring

I'd also consider Van Craeynest style pieces or James Meyer style pieces as well. I don't expect anyone would really want to part with either of those for an antique watch-and I don't expect anyone to part with a Van Craeynest since their settings retail without a stone for about the equivalent I'm hoping to get lol!

I love a lot of different things-so feel free to post links or pictures and if we can make it work I have a listing on loupetroop for a sapphire tulip ring and can be contacted though there.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintagelover229|1356031813|3336679 said:
I'm working on a price currently-but for trading purposes it was well over a thousand dollars-and I actually got a really good price on it for what it is. So value wise it's worth more (and if it was being sold by an estate jeweler) it would cost quite a bit more than I got it for.

For me though that really doesn't matter. If it's close in terms of "want" value I have no issues swapping. I have a jeweler giving me numbers for buying it outright and also to consign it. I'm more interested in a swap though. Since I know if I sell it the funds would just go towards my new baby or our house and probably not a sapphire RHR or bling.

I'd also consider a swap + $ since I really don't need a super large sapphire. I'm hoping for a carat (I know it's more mm size) or less. Nice color (not dark-I have a few of those already) and bezel set.

I really love these Caleb meyer rings. I'd also consider a rose cut ring of some sort-I'd love a bezel set rose cut diamond ring.

I have quite a few things on my wish list

OEC/OMC bezel pendant
Sapphire/diamond RHR (bezel set artisan or antique)
Rose cut ring

I'd also consider Van Craeynest style pieces or James Meyer style pieces as well. I don't expect anyone would really want to part with either of those for an antique watch-and I don't expect anyone to part with a Van Craeynest since their settings retail without a stone for about the equivalent I'm hoping to get lol!

I love a lot of different things-so feel free to post links or pictures and if we can make it work I have a listing on loupetroop for a sapphire tulip ring and can be contacted though there.

Ah, okay. I didn't get that. I don't have anything to swap but am not completely happy with my current diamond and sapphire watch. I remember your journey buying this and fell in love with it when you showed photos way back when!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Started a thread on SMTB for this watch finally with updated pictures.

I've emailed many vendors to find out about selling this watch as I'm now very motivated to unload it.

I'm also probably going to be listing (with prices this time) my sapphire tulip ring, my 3 stone sapphire and diamond ring (mall store-pre PS), a sapphire pendant and possibly even my sapphires by the yard piece.

My sapphire tulip ring is a 1 carat sapphire-beautiful medium blue. Not dark. Can't say much about treatments since I'm not sure-bought both the setting and sapphire separate off DB and put them together. I can say I don't think it's fracture filled but heat treated probably. Asking 125.00 for it size 4 and can be sized.

My sapphire pendant I is probably .7 carats-it's beautiful. It's also medium cornflower blue-in white gold with no chain. Asking 250.00 OBO for it.

For my 3 stone sapphire ring-the sapphires are dark navy with 2 small diamonds on either side. 10k WG size 4.5 and can be sized. Asking 100.00 OBO for it.

If I do list my sapphires by the yard chain it will only be because I don't have the total funds from the watch and the sales of these items. I'm hoping I don't have to list any of them but we will see!

SMTB thread
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/art-deco-sapphire-and-diamond-watch.184385/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/art-deco-sapphire-and-diamond-watch.184385/[/URL]

Listing to contact me
http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-colored-stone-center/sapphire-tulip-ring

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bumping this thread.

I'm getting ready to have the watch shipped from the USA to JBEG in about 2 weeks time to do a store trade on something that I've found on their site. I figured I'd post this one last time with a proper watch LT link so anyone who is interested or hasn't seen it could have a chance before JBEG lists it for sale on their site for a lot more.

I'm open to all trades-doesn't have to be an exact value as long as both parties are happy with it. I'm looking for a diamond pendant-a sapphire or diamond (or really any stone that is unique and can be worn every day) RHR or an antique RHR.

I like all gold colors and stones of all colors. Feel free to shoot me an email-the watch is going in 2 weeks.

Thanks!
http://loupetroop.com/listings/watches/swap-slash-fs-platinum-slash-wg-slash-sapphire-slash-diamond-art-deco-watch

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Watch is shipping out this week to jbeg for a trade. last chance to try me on a swap :wavey:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm still interested, but will have to purchase outright if I want it, I have nothing to swap. Do you know what JbEG will be listing it for?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rhea|1369164523|3451303 said:
I'm still interested, but will have to purchase outright if I want it, I have nothing to swap. Do you know what JbEG will be listing it for?

I am not sure but considering the piece we are probably swapping I'd venture to guess 2500.00 or more. I am asking 1500.00 + shipping for it but that's because I really don't know much about it. They'll be having their watch guy inspect it-know the ctw of the sapphires and diamonds and also how many jewels the movement is.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey goodluck with it!!!! This is the first time I have seen your watch - it's a stunning example of an Art Deco watch. With all things The Great Gatsby currently HOT right now you should be able to sell it.....

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1369315638|3452390 said:
Hey goodluck with it!!!! This is the first time I have seen your watch - it's a stunning example of an Art Deco watch. With all things The Great Gatsby currently HOT right now you should be able to sell it.....

I'm sad to see it go arkieb1 but it needs to go to a home that will wear it more than a few times a year. But that piece on JBEG that had been sold feel through so it must be fate! It's got vintagelover written all over it and will be worn daily as a RHR :naughty: :love: :appl:

ETA: It leaves Canada with my husbands coworker tomorrow evening and will be shipped out Sat. or Monday to JBEG. Bye bye beautiful! :(

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh wow, that is so cool, make sure you post show me the bling pics I can't wait to see it!!!! And don't be sad about the watch, I have a rule if I have pieces that sit for ages that I am not wearing and want something new then its time to move them on.....

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintagelover229|1369238165|3451849 said:

I am not sure but considering the piece we are probably swapping I'd venture to guess 2500.00 or more. I am asking 1500.00 + shipping for it but that's because I really don't know much about it. They'll be having their watch guy inspect it-know the ctw of the sapphires and diamonds and also how many jewels the movement is.

I do really like it and have had my eye on it for ages, since the start of this thread. I wasn't aware you were ever open to sales, I thought you were just swapping and I never had anything to swap. I can't gather money together that quickly, this would be a rather large purchase for me, so I'll have to wait and see what JbEG list it for. Congrats on your new pretty! Will we see it in SMTB?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rhea|1369387447|3452957 said:
vintagelover229|1369238165|3451849 said:

I do really like it and have had my eye on it for ages, since the start of this thread. I wasn't aware you were ever open to sales, I thought you were just swapping and I never had anything to swap. I can't gather money together that quickly, this would be a rather large purchase for me, so I'll have to wait and see what JbEG list it for. Congrats on your new pretty! Will we see it in SMTB?

I'm sorry Rhea-how long would you need? Sandy can hold onto it and ship it to you if your in the states, I can't do international due to risks. I was accepting offers on it-I'm sorry I wasn't very clear. Feel free to shoot Grace an email-she'll know the watch your talking about.

When the trade is confirmed I'll start a thread. Its almost sold twice but each time they've changed their minds. So its hopefully been waiting for me! :appl:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not in the States :(

I'll wait until it gets listed with JbEG and see where I am. I've wanted it since you bought it a bit ago, but nothing seems to be working in my favour so maybe I'll just learn to be happy with what I have!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results