shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold Feelers for vintage platinum baguette semi-mount setting for an 8mm 2ct stone 5.25

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I will probably reset this stone so am putting out feelers for the setting. Here is the listing for when I was trying to sell the whole ring:

It is a vintage platinum setting with tapered baguettes. Baguettes are .24 ctw and the setting is 2.7 DWT Size 5.25. When I put the ring on the scale is weighs 4.14 grams.

If I had a buyer I would send this item to DK for him to unmount the stone and he would send to you; the cost of his shipping has been (for me) roughly $30 when he provides the UPS label and insurance. Since this is setting only and not an entire ring, I don't know if the shipping would be less. But I would estimate $30.

It holds an 8mm stone right now. The baguette are about 4.2 mm long when I measure with calipars but they are difficult to grip.

Contact me directly from one of my LT listings :)

Asking $700 plus the cost of DK's shipping. Paypal F&F or pay the extra 3% to use regular PP.

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m bumping this up because I sent this piece out to DK today. It should arrive by the weekend

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Would you mind asking what dimensions of stones DK thinks would fit into this?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Would you mind asking what dimensions of stones DK thinks would fit into this?

So someone wrote me and asked if a 7.3 would work and he said it should, so I have that information. But I will ask him to give me a range once he has it in hand. :)

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
So someone wrote me and asked if a 7.3 would work and he said it should, so I have that information. But I will ask him to give me a range once he has it in hand. :)

Great, thank you!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@CircularBrilliant this is what DK said:

The side baguettes are G color, one is VS one is SI1 clarity. The mounting is platinum weighing 3.70 grams, size 5.25. The setting takes a 6.5mm up to 7.5mm center round best. Thanks David

I’m a bit surprised bc my stone is 8 so I wrote him back asking if he thought my stone was too big for setting or maybe something changes with mounting and unmounting? Curious about what others might think. I will report back when he writes back. I also asked him how much the setting fee was if someone sent the stone to him to do it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Another update. David thinks my stone is too big for it; if you look at side view it fits but it does sit up high. So for lower profile then the range he mentioned is probably best. I also asked him what it would be to set a stone if a customer sent it directly to him; he said it would cost $150 + shipping. Just an FYI in case anyone is interested. I am also reducing this to $625. I will probably make a new listing altogether in light of this information but wanted to update everyone first.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Pending

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
That's a bit smaller than I was looking for, but thank you for providing so much info and I am glad to hear you've got a sale pending!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That's a bit smaller than I was looking for, but thank you for providing so much info and I am glad to hear you've got a sale pending!

Me too and DK will set the stone for the buyer so I am glad he can get some biz that way since I asked a zillion questions on behalf of potential buyers lol. Indulge my curiosity- was your stone larger than 8mm?

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Me too and DK will set the stone for the buyer so I am glad he can get some biz that way since I asked a zillion questions on behalf of potential buyers lol. Indulge my curiosity- was your stone larger than 8mm?

I actually don't have a stone in hand, but I like that style of setting and thought I could find a fun lab stone to set in it. I was picturing being able to use a larger stone, though. I hope whoever buys the setting reports back with what they did with it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results