shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale 2 ct oec in platinum ring w baguette side stones size 5.25

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Deep breath. I am thinking of parting with my 2 ct OEC (aka Chippy). I love this ring; the main reason I am selling is to specifically buy another vintage ring that I have fallen for. I am worried it might sell before I’m able to sell mine, so if it does I’ll take the listing down.

IG video - swipe to see various videos:

And here my ring is below when I was goofing around:

Here is the info based on the seller that I purchased from :

Center stone – 2 ct (8mm) Old European cut

VS1 (given the nibbles I would say Si1 though)

N color (perhaps warmer bc that was the designation from a gemologist not specifically GIA)

Set in a platinum setting with baguettes. Baguettes are .24 ctw and the setting is 2.7 DWT Size 5.25 and sizable.

I was told that the setting is also old. The diamond though is probably 1800s so I am not sure if the setting is as old as the stone.

As its namesake implies, the diamond has a chip and some edging. The stone was originally 2.09 and was rehabbed but the chipping was cleaned up but not entirely polished out because it would have gone below the 2ct mark. I did my best to photograph so you can see; I used my 10x loupe.

When the stone was removed for rebab, and placed back in the setting, the prongs were also retipped.

I spoke with some consigners (local and online) and listing about 1k below what they said they would probably list it for. I am trying this route first in hopes that if someone is interested it will be a faster sale than the consignment process in addition to the fact that consignment incurs extra costs for both buyer and seller.

The diamond has a lovely pattern and is very lively and bright.

The LT will have it for 8K and $7800 for PS.

Btw I videoed and photography in a DK ring box (probably should have re-thought that) but DK didn’t have anything to do with the ring. It was just the closest one I grabbed from my jewelry box.

Please contact me directly for questions. My email will be in the LT listing.

IMG_2447.jpg IMG_2893.jpg IMG_2896.jpg IMG_2901.jpg IMG_2897.jpg
View recent photos (2).jpg

Last edited:
I don't know whether to like this thread or not! I'm so sorry to see that Chippy may have to go. Dust for quick sale (for Chippy, not for the piece you're looking at).

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I don't know whether to like this thread or not! I'm so sorry to see that Chippy may have to go. Dust for quick sale (for Chippy, not for the piece you're looking at).

I admit I am conflicted; and of course given the reason for Chippy's namesake it may be hard to sell individually. But I love this other piece; we will see what the fates divine.

I admit I am conflicted; and of course given the reason for Chippy's namesake it may be hard to sell individually. But I love this other piece; we will see what the fates divine.

I totally get it. Wish you could have both!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Fwiw, if it doesn't sell private party, Grace makes consignment ridiculously easy, but I think the stone would need a GIA certificate. It's truly just ship it off and a no fuss experience to sell with her.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Fwiw, if it doesn't sell private party, Grace makes consignment ridiculously easy, but I think the stone would need a GIA certificate. It's truly just ship it off and a no fuss experience to sell with her.

I know I already contacted her! I'm just worried about the length of time with sending it off then being sent back and forth to GIA and resetting. So I thought I would try this first.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would give up ice cream for this. That is saying a lot :twisted2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Bumping

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve pulled the trigger on something so bumping and reducing to $7200. Also took another nice video :)

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I see that this beauty has a PS nickname does it have a thread?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hello, I see that this beauty has a PS nickname does it have a thread?

So it used to have a thread, but then I was thinking of consigning with someone; long story but in a nutshell that person didn't want it mentioned in forum. So I got rid of thread, but at the end of the day didn't end up consigning.

The thread was essentially about whether to buy the stone bc despite the flaws; I did have issues with the vendor. I ended up getting the prongs redone when I got the ring because the stone wasn't secure in the setting, so the thread involved that also.

Last edited:

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I’m with @YadaYadaYada and would give up chocolate ice cream for this!!!!
Great video on IG too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results