shape
carat
color
clarity

Feelers for 6 small CBI stones

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may remember my failed necklace project last year. I bought 6 small CBIs and 1 large centerpiece, and had them set into small pendants by DK, but the small pendants just DID NOT work....I wore the necklace as constructed to the HPD event last year, and then had the small pendants removed. They are basically unworn and sitting in a box.

HPD hasn't had a lot of small lower colored stones since I purchased these, so I thought I would see if there is any interest in them here before I sell them back to HPD. I am sending the pendants to HPD to have the stones unmounted and the stones inspected by Wink. If there is interest, I will post on LT or DB.

The stones I have are:

.36 J VS1
.38 E SI1
.38 H VVS2
.38 J VS1
.41 J VS1
.42 I VS1

Thanks for looking!

Pendants 2.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could see one of those being made into a really pretty ring. Sorry the necklace idea didn't work out for you, the stations are lovely though.

S

SallyB

I might be interested in the last 3. Do you have a ballpark figure you might be asking for each? Thanks :D

mn_shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
I might be interested in the .38 E SI1 - do you know how much you want for that one and do you have the AGS report #?

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What do you think you want for them?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a dbty style bracelet with the small elements? Very very wearable daily and very small financial effort for the conversiin required

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Could they be made into studs or drop earrings with the stations intact?

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Interested to know what you're asking for them and what the exact mm size is for each. I'm looking for studs this size, particularly the J's. Wondering how closely matched they are size wise. Thanks!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d be interested as well depending on price.

Are you planning to reuse the little pendant settings? I think they’re lovely!

hrose

Shiny_Rock
I think just one of them in its gold setting would make an amazing pendant on its own! Any thought to offering them intact?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may remember my failed necklace project last year. I bought 6 small CBIs and 1 large centerpiece, and had them set into small pendants by DK, but the small pendants just DID NOT work....I wore the necklace as constructed to the HPD event last year, and then had the small pendants removed. They are basically unworn and sitting in a box.

HPD hasn't had a lot of small lower colored stones since I purchased these, so I thought I would see if there is any interest in them here before I sell them back to HPD. I am sending the pendants to HPD to have the stones unmounted and the stones inspected by Wink. If there is interest, I will post on LT or DB.

The stones I have are:

.36 J VS1
.38 E SI1
.38 H VVS2
.38 J VS1
.41 J VS1
.42 I VS1

Thanks for looking!

Pendants 2.jpg

Ugh - the idea was an beautiful one, sorry it didn’t work out.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I could see one of those being made into a really pretty ring. Sorry the necklace idea didn't work out for you, the stations are lovely though.

Thank you, the stations ARE really beautiful, front and back. I had been toying with the idea of making a bracelet and earrings out of them, but I likely wouldn't wear the bracelet.

syd33

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, the stations ARE really beautiful, front and back. I had been toying with the idea of making a bracelet and earrings out of them, but I likely wouldn't wear the bracelet.
I would do that and then wear the center as a pendant. Don’t give up on your plan—just reimagine the plan. Out of curiosity, why didn’t it work? The pieces are gorgeous!!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I might be interested in the last 3. Do you have a ballpark figure you might be asking for each? Thanks :D

I might be interested in the .38 E SI1 - do you know how much you want for that one and do you have the AGS report #?

What do you think you want for them?

Interested to know what you're asking for them and what the exact mm size is for each. I'm looking for studs this size, particularly the J's. Wondering how closely matched they are size wise. Thanks!

I’d be interested as well depending on price.

Are you planning to reuse the little pendant settings? I think they’re lovely!

I’d be interested in all of the Js.

Please see the post above. Bear in mind these are still in my possession and I will be sending them off to Wink in the next few days to unset the stones and inspect the stones.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I think just one of them in its gold setting would make an amazing pendant on its own! Any thought to offering them intact?

Sure, I would be willing to sell the small 18k pendants. I paid $350 each for them, and then I paid to have the backs hand-engraved. I would be willing to sell them for $325 each, inclusive of shipping and insurance. They will still go to Wink first though for inspection because I can't tell the stones apart to know which is which.

Be advised that these small pendants were attached to the actual links of the chain in the last failed iteration of trying to make them work. As such, they do not have a ring or bale, so they ARE NOT ready to wear.

I don't have super close-ups of the fronts of the pendants, I'll try to take some better ones this evening, but you can get an idea from these images, and then I have a good image of the engraving.

20190418_143138.jpg
20190418_143305.jpg
Small Pendant backs.jpg

Last edited:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I would do that and then wear the center as a pendant. Don’t give up on your plan—just reimagine the plan. Out of curiosity, why didn’t it work? The pieces are gorgeous!!

They didn't work because they flipped CONSTANTLY and looked stupid.

20190625_114230.jpg

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some other images of the small pendants. I'm off to work so I will respond to any other inquiries this evening. Thanks.

20190606_162845.jpg
20190606_163156.jpg
20190606_163205.jpg
DKJPV19_05_31_PNDT_ 51420 -- 7.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So - out of left field - do you have any interest in selling the chain?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
So - out of left field - do you have any interest in selling the chain?

Do you mean with the main pendant and stone?

syd33

Shiny_Rock
Oh I see. I know you are posting to sell, so ignore me if you are set on being done with the project... But each separate piece is stunning and I LOVE your idea. I guess the only way it would work was if the smaller pieces were not pendants but were linked within the chain. Something like this but with your gorgeous pieces:

ED06E8BF-94B6-49E4-9AF6-35E307D60E23.jpeg
and you would have two left for earrings

if you are definitely selling put me in line if the settings will be available...

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Count me in on any of the 0.4s (or even any other Js)

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are these still upgradable or subject to cbi upgrade policy, do you know?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I see. I know you are posting to sell, so ignore me if you are set on being done with the project... But each separate piece is stunning and I LOVE your idea. I guess the only way it would work was if the smaller pieces were not pendants but were linked within the chain. Something like this but with your gorgeous pieces:

ED06E8BF-94B6-49E4-9AF6-35E307D60E23.jpeg
and you would have two left for earrings

if you are definitely selling put me in line if the settings will be available...

Hi Syd. The last iteration we tried of the necklace was mounted onto the chain exactly like this (a la VCA), and they still flipped. The problem is the chain, we picked the wrong one. I would likely have been better off with a flatter chain.

As far as I see it, there are two issues with trying it again. First, I'm not sure anyone will understand as I find it hard to put into words, but I am just completely unenchanted by the project at this point. I mean, I spent just under $20k to put this together and it was a failure. The independent pieces are all lovely, and the stones nothing short of dazzling, but I just can't get past the feeling of failure and disappointment. I've worn the necklace with just the main pendant 3x since I've owned it....the HPD GTG, the GIA/WF GTG and Christmas Eve. When I look at it, I'm reminded all over again that it was a failure and NOT what I wanted and spent so much on.

Second, gold is 50% higher now than when I bought the chain and pendants. The chain alone was $2600 + tax. What if I buy another chain that will now be more expensive due to the high price of gold, and it doesn't work again? I won't be able to return the chain and I'll incur further expenses mounting them on the new chain, with no guarantee that it will work or I'll like it. To me, that sounds like throwing good money after bad.

So they've all been sitting in a box, and it's just such a shame. I thought I'd put some blue zircons in the little pendants and make dangly earrings and a bracelet from them, but I know I won't wear the bracelet very often....

Here are some more pictures I just took of the small pendants. They are 18k, weigh just over 3g each, have highly polished cups to reflect light on to the stones, and very ornate prongs holding the stones over the buttercups. I took a few of my favorite antique/victorian design elements from various pieces and added them to my hand-drawn scroll work. Et voila.

Small Pendant.jpg

Small Pendant1.jpg

20190517_113902.jpg

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Are these still upgradable or subject to cbi upgrade policy, do you know?

I spoke to Wink about this just yesterday and he said no, the upgrade policy is not transferable to a third party. They would be if I sell them back to him and he resells them. The policy requires he have them re-certified by AGS before they are resold, likely increasing their selling price.

Speaking of prices, I am not taking the change in gold prices, or the nearly 9% of taxes paid, into consideration when posting my prices. It would be lovely to recoup most of my investment, and find these beauties new and loving homes.

syd33

Shiny_Rock
I understand completely now...they are heavy at 3 g and the chain rolls. They would have to be on an omega or similar style flat chain and I completely understand about throwing more money at a project that has created frustration and of course that wouldn’t equal the original dream anyway. Sorry if I rubbed salt in the wound... It really is a glorious idea for a necklace.

The settings are amazing, any stone you put in them will look great. Earrings will be beautiful. Dangling bracelets drive me batty, I would probably put them on a hinged bangle or the ends of an open bangle.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to my Loupe Troop contact info.

Please feel free to write me if you'd like further information, or ASET and IS images on the stones.

Payment will be accepted via Zelle or Venmo. I will allow a 24 hour viewing/return period for each item as I want whomever receives these stones to LOVE them. If you don't, I'll take them back. If needed, a refund will be provided within 72 hours of receipt of the item, as I would need to have the stone's AGS number verified independently, while working full time during a lockdown. Return shipping and full insurance/tracking is to be paid by the buyer and I take no responsibility for receipt if not fully insured and tracked.

I will respond to emails in the order received, and any item will be considered sold ONLY upon receipt of payment, unless some other arrangement is agreed upon.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I understand completely now...they are heavy at 3 g and the chain rolls. They would have to be on an omega or similar style flat chain and I completely understand about throwing more money at a project that has created frustration and of course that wouldn’t equal the original dream anyway. Sorry if I rubbed salt in the wound... It really is a glorious idea for a necklace.

The settings are amazing, any stone you put in them will look great. Earrings will be beautiful. Dangling bracelets drive me batty, I would probably put them on a hinged bangle or the ends of an open bangle.

No worries at all Syd! The whole project is heavy....the chain and pendants weighed over two ounces, as designed. I LIKE heavy....

I don't like dangly bracelets either, I was thinking of a DBTY style. You did not add any salt to any wounds. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results