shape
carat
color
clarity

FedEx left package and now it is missing??

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I ordered a wedding band from e-weddingbands.com and needed to send it back to get resized. FedEx says that they left the package at the front door because signature service was not requested, and it is not at my door, or the building door, or in the lobby...

I have e-mailed e-weddingbands...does anyone know what will happen or how I can get my band? am I responsible since FedEx says the package was delivered?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sig, how awful. I hope you find it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
slg47|1317092454|3026540 said:
I ordered a wedding band from e-weddingbands.com and needed to send it back to get resized. FedEx says that they left the package at the front door because signature service was not requested, and it is not at my door, or the building door, or in the lobby...

I have e-mailed e-weddingbands...does anyone know what will happen or how I can get my band? am I responsible since FedEx says the package was delivered?

Wait, I'm confused. You needed to send it back, but it was left in front of your front door ... when e-weddingbands sent it back after resizing it, if I'm following correctly? Hm. I'd say it's on e-weddingbands, frankly, because how anybody can send jewelry and not require delivery confirmation, I do not even know. If they quibble, I'd take it up with my CC company. That said, I sincerely hope some kind neighbor just picked it up for you and plans to drop it off later this evening ....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1317092885|3026550 said:

Wait, I'm confused. You needed to send it back, but it was left in front of your front door ... when e-weddingbands sent it back after resizing it, if I'm following correctly? Hm. I'd say it's on e-weddingbands, frankly, because how anybody can send jewelry and not require delivery confirmation, I do not even know. If they quibble, I'd take it up with my CC company. That said, I sincerely hope some kind neighbor just picked it up for you and plans to drop it off later this evening ....

Yes! But even then, is FedEx really allowed to just leave a package at your door like that??

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1317092986|3026553 said:

Yes! But even then, is FedEx really allowed to just leave a package at your door like that??

oh no, sorry.

I received the package last week (I had to sign for it with FedEx). I decided to send the ring back for resizing and did so last week. I then received an e-mail with a tracking number to get the band after resizing. According to FedEx, the package was left at my door at 12:40 (I was in class) because a signature was not required. When I arrived home at around 7:30, there was no package.

(edited for clarity)

The following is what the website says when I log on to track my package

Sep 26, 2011 12:40 PM
Delivered

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
slg47|1317093137|3026556 said:
Dreamer_D|1317092986|3026553 said:

oh no, sorry.

I received the package and decided it was too small. The first time I received the package I signed for it. last week I sent it to e-WB for resizing and got an e-mail with a FedEx tracking number. According to FedEx, the package was left at my door at 12:40 (I was in class) because a signature was not required. When I arrived home at around 7:30, there was no package.

The following is what the website says when I log on to track my package

Sep 26, 2011 12:40 PM
Delivered

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Okay, so it sounds like it IS the scenario I was envisioning, even if I didn't explain it well.

Well, first off, I'd check with FedEx to see EXACTLY where the delivery person left it. Which front door, for example? And then I would still take it up with EWB, because it is ridiculous that they did not request a signature.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
This makes me sick with worry!!! I hope it works out!!

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
I've had some recent packages with FedEx that says they were delivered and actually weren't. I would call their customer service number and report it missing. I am assuming it's insured so you will be covered.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
makhro-definitely planning on calling both e-wb and fedex first thing in the morning!

i know FedEx was at my building because there is a door tag with today's date (not for me though) on the front door of the building

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
So weird. I had them deliver something to me a few weeks ago. Online it said delivered, but didn't actually get to me until the following day! IDK! I hope is the same for you. I have never heard of sending a high value item without signature required! Crazy!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
makhro82|1317095513|3026582 said:
So weird. I had them deliver something to me a few weeks ago. Online it said delivered, but didn't actually get to me until the following day! IDK! I hope is the same for you. I have never heard of sending a high value item without signature required! Crazy!

yes they definitely required a signature the first time! it is a plain plat band so not super high value BUT high enough!

I checked on FedEx and there is a 'proof of delivery' letter...

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fedex drivers sometimes do odd things in order to save then need to come back later,including fudge some of the records. Every package that has their insurance must have signature required. It's not an option to go without. Call the shipper, explain the problem and ask them to start an insurance claim. Surely it was insured, and if it was the driver screwed up to leave it outside.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! :angryfire:

I have my fingers crossed this works out SLG!!!! Good luck.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
susimoo|1317097170|3026606 said:
Oh no! :angryfire:

I have my fingers crossed this works out SLG!!!! Good luck.

thanks everyone...will keep you posted.

Neil I hope that is what happened...still odd

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I hope you find your package soon.

It also depends on your address, I had questioned FEDEX before, the carrier left over $1000 worth of camera equipment at my doorstep before. Their answer was, "your neighborhool is in a safe catergory."

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure who will be responsible in this case, but I hope your neighbor is keeping it safe for you.

Next time, try to have the package ship to your work instead of your home. I do that most of the time, unless the package is huge or heavy.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well I just contacted e-weddingbands and they called FedEx. apparently FedEx left the package outside the front door to the building.

they are going to double check everything today and make sure it was delivered to the right address...and then if they cannot find it we will start a claim.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1317138182|3026863 said:
well I just contacted e-weddingbands and they called FedEx. apparently FedEx left the package outside the front door to the building.

they are going to double check everything today and make sure it was delivered to the right address...and then if they cannot find it we will start a claim.

That's just rediculous! So it wasn't even left at your front door or even with a receptionist!!!! That is really shameful IMO opinion no matter what was in the box or if it required signature or not. I would never assume anything is safe on the stoop of an apartment building. It's one thing on the porch of a home because someone would have to actually trespass to steal it. I am sorry SLG, I hope your ring is found or swiftly replaced.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1317138694|3026871 said:
slg47|1317138182|3026863 said:

That's just rediculous! So it wasn't even left at your front door or even with a receptionist!!!! That is really shameful IMO opinion no matter what was in the box or if it required signature or not. I would never assume anything is safe on the stoop of an apartment building. It's one thing on the porch of a home because someone would have to actually trespass to steal it. I am sorry SLG, I hope your ring is found or swiftly replaced.

I agree...TOTALLY ridiculous. I am hoping they left it at the wrong address or they still have it on their truck or something...I will let you guys know the outcome. FedEx is supposed to call me today if they locate the package.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a bummer SLG. Hopefully FedEx fixes their mistake. I used to live in an apartment building in a clearly NOT SAFE neighborhood, but UPS and FedEx would still do the same thing...randomly...
Sometimes I would get a driver knocking on my apartment door, and other times it was left outside the front entrance, where 10+ hours of the day hoodlums and passers by were loitering around the building. :angryfire:

Im glad EWB is working with you to help resolve the issue with FedEx. Good luck !

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
that's crazy... so they just left it at a door where everybody can just pick it up... I hope everything works out and you will get your ring!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1317141061|3026912 said:
that's crazy... so they just left it at a door where everybody can just pick it up... I hope everything works out and you will get your ring!

me too, otherwise someone is enjoying a size 5 platinum band with my name and wedding date engraved in it! (oh and my FI's name too :razz:)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I'm sorry slg - what a headache!

FedEx has left all sorts of things outside the apt door under the doormat, by the doorstep, *downstairs* - you are definitely not alone in wondering what exactly - if - the delivery person was thinking :errrr: That said from what I've found they're pretty good about sorting out problems, from my experience. Sometimes they deliver to the wrong address entirely, sometimes they deliver to the wrong part of the right address, but I've never *not* got my goods by the end of the week, either retrieved or replaced. Glad to read that e-wb is working with them!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1317141340|3026919 said:
Oh no! I'm sorry slg - what a headache!

FedEx has left all sorts of things outside the apt door under the doormat, by the doorstep, *downstairs* - you are definitely not alone in wondering what exactly - if - the delivery person was thinking :errrr: That said from what I've found they're pretty good about sorting out problems, from my experience. Sometimes they deliver to the wrong address entirely, sometimes they deliver to the wrong part of the right address, but I've never *not* got my goods by the end of the week, either retrieved or replaced. Glad to read that e-wb is working with them!

OK, that is good to hear...I am thinking it is possible they left it at the apartment kitty-corner from us (same apartment number...I didn't think to check there last night but I might stop by this morning)

anyway, e-WB says they will get me a new band if this one is not found, it is just frustrating!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ridiculous! I sure hope they find it, or get you a new band pronto!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1317141761|3026931 said:
anyway, e-WB says they will get me a new band if this one is not found, it is just frustrating!

Yeah, I can imagine :nono:

I am glad to hear that e-wb is being helpful though - though hopefully it won't come to that! Though.. I don't know if it would be at all reassuring if you do find it at the wrong address in the morning :sick:

I have learnt my lesson. Now I request that all vendors send all packages w/ signature confirmation required - it's not convenient as I'm never home to actually sign, but at least I have the peace of mind of knowing it's at the station waiting for me after those three delivery attempts.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1317142610|3026943 said:
slg47|1317141761|3026931 said:

Yeah, I can imagine :nono:

I am glad to hear that e-wb is being helpful though - though hopefully it won't come to that! Though.. I don't know if it would be at all reassuring if you do find it at the wrong address in the morning :sick:

haha...I checked and I didn't find it there...I figured it was worth a try though!

I have learnt my lesson. Now I request that all vendors send all packages w/ signature confirmation required - it's not convenient as I'm never home to actually sign, but at least I have the peace of mind of knowing it's at the station waiting for me after those three delivery attempts.

I guess I assumed it would be signature confirmation since it was last time? at least they said that if FedEx cannot locate the package they will get me a new band at no additional charge.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
update...FedEx was supposed to call me yesterday and did not...so e-WB is going to follow up with them and call me today. if they do not find the original package they will get a new band to me.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As they should!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
And if they left that with a neighbor, how dishonest is this neighbor to not return this package.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results