shape
carat
color
clarity

February Healthy Living Thread

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Rod, Hugs my friend! I also had a rough January, my MIL was in a car accident. Has been hospitalized since (now her 6th week). But my thoughts are for you, Charlie & your dad. Hugs.

Marcy you and Marty sound like the best married couple ever!! Ouch about his hand though!!! Hope it gets better.

Deegee, so funny that you're collecting boots. I'm a "collector" too. My husband shakes his head but I have a perfectly good use for all of them and I could defiintely justify buying two more... Except i"m running out of closet room.

Working out has been 50/50 for me. I got three or four days a week, then take two weeks off then go again. But I've been getting much better at not snacking.

DH and I will be TTC next month hopefully, so I've been on the FHH threads.

Nice checking in with you ladies :)

ETA: painted most of the trim and doors for my office & living room. MAN! are my legs sore! funny how home DIY projects are such a work out right?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

marcy - poor Marty! Burns are the worst, especially on your finger tips with all those touchy nerve endings. Poor guy. Have fun shopping for new flooring! We plan to buy new appliances & countertops if we could ever get around to it. We thought we were going to have to replace the dishwasher so we decided to do everything at the same time...but the dishwasher started working again so we've put the whole appliance thing on hold as long as the dishwasher keeps washing the dishes! I started reading the Patricia Cornwell Kay Scarpetta series. I'm only on book 2, and I think there are a gazillion of them. That should keep me going for a while!!

lisa - Hi! Unfortunately since I lost weight I have been collecting jeans too. I don't need one more pair of jeans OR boots. I ran out of room for my jeans, so I picked 6 pairs to donate to Goodwill so I could put away the new pairs I bought over the weekend. I've been this size for a year and am already overflowing with jeans! (It's a good thing they're mostly not premium denim) Your poor MIL. Is she getting better? And yes, DIY workouts totally count for something...

Hi skippy & rod!

Today was another crazy day at work, worse than usual to make up for the day off yesterday. A bill was introduced today right before the deadline to introduce legislation for the 2011 session and it totally blindsided us. I think our director, attorney and actuary all had meltdowns. It won't be good if it passes, but hey - what do those of us who work with this stuff know? I picked up my new glasses today and I absolutely love them. It's hard with my prescription to get glasses that look nice, no matter how many fancy things they do to them. These are awesome! I think I can actually wear them out in public without feeling like people are staring at the thickness of the lenses. Yay! When I got home, my 1-year supply of daily disposable contacts were on the porch. I now have no tooth pain, and I can see. Woo-hoo! We had leftover turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner and we have already taken our walk. I'm off to read for a while... I've got to make sure these glasses work well with my Kindle! Good night!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I hope everyone is having a great week.

Marty’s blisters are getting a lot better. I must have sympathy pains for Deegee, I have a toothache this week. I have a cold and so I am probably snoring which leads to me clenching my teeth – I think that is all that is wrong. Rats.

Food has been HORRID for me this week. A friend and I at work started a bet though. We each put in $20 and have to pay a $1 any day we don’t stick to our diet (she does points and I count calories). First one to get in to a smaller size pair of pants gets the money. We can’t sabotage each other either. Sadly we both paid a dollar yesterday and today. Tomorrow looks like no roadblocks or temptations so I should be good to go. I have a Garfield piggy bank at work so I shoved our money in there.

One of my employees will probably need surgery and be out for 6 weeks. Aak. We are going in to one of our busy seasons so that will be rough on all of us but we’ll be fine.

I made homemade tacos for supper today. Marty let me cut up the veggies for them since his fingers are all blistered. I was very careful so he didn’t have to rush me to the ER.

Hi Skippy! How are you doing? We miss you here.

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. My thoughts are with all of you. Thanks for the lovely compliment about Marty and me. He told someone at work the other day (when I was doing his dishes at lunch) that is why he bought me. He said it was obviously on a payment plan though. Ha Ha. I would say DIY projects count for a workout. Good luck to you and your DH TTC.

Deegee, we are like that too – if you are getting one new appliance you may as well get the rest of them. It is such a chore to find what you want to get plus agree on them. We did pick out which carpet and laminate we want. They are coming to measure tomorrow night. I am excited to get it all put in but I am sure it will be a few weeks before they can do it. Yay for pain free teeth, new glasses, new contacts and a new series to read on your Kindle. Life is good. Do you like the new books? I am on my last Connelly novel.

Off to watch Hot in Cleveland and then read. :wavey:
Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee! The weekend is almost here. We have a winter storm in progress here; they are expecting about 6 inches of snow and more cold. Rats.

I came home about 30 minutes early; we had a guy coming by to measure for new carpet and flooring. I made some rice tonight and used some of my leftover roast beef for it.

I finished my last Connelly book tonight. A new one comes out in April. My mom gave me a book she read on science so I think I'll give it a try.

Take care. Have a great Friday. :wavey:
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Deegee, Marcy, Sharon and Lisa! Yay for your workouts and healthy eats.

I am doing great; just walking and trying to eat healthy. I posted a picture in the preggo thread :wink2: if you get a chance to check it out; I am trying to keep my weight under control (or at least eat healthy). If needed after the babies are born, I will join WW again as I love the program. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and yay healthy Lifestyle team. HIGH FIVES all AROUND :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! We had a lazy day this weekend and a crazy busy day. I should have spread things out a little better but I really enjoyed goofing off yesterday. We had about 8” of snow so I made homemade soup yesterday. I caught up on a few PPV movies (Life As We Know It, RED, You Again and something else I can’t remember right now). Today we got up about 7. I made us breakfast, we got cleaned up and went grocery shopping. Marty made us homemade chicken parmesan that was delicious BTW. I had about 2 oz. of the chicken since I am allergic to it; I have a stomach ache now but not too bad. I took food allergy medicine before I ate it and just had some alka seltzer. It was worth a bellyache.

I worked on laundry while Marty cooked. After I got the dishes done we ran errands that cook pretty much all afternoon. We bought Marty some more K cups for his coffee maker at work, I went in to Dillard’s to get some new intimates - Marty sat in the car while I did that shopping. We stopped off at the carpet place to return the samples we had for our flooring then we got in line at Verizon. I had them reactivate my PinkBerry and it took hours. He tried to tell me BlackBerry was down but I am not sure what was going on. We are both sending in our HTC Incredibles to a buyer on Ebay who is paying cash for phones. It looks like we should get a good price for them and it should be enough for me to upgrade to an iPhone at the end of March. My mom is on our family plan and she never wants a new phone; she can upgrade at the end of March so I’ll use her upgrade and get the iPhone.

After we got home I made us a mini pizza for supper, finished the rest of my dishes and laundry and will enjoy going back to work tomorrow to rest up.

Skippy, I did go look for your picture. You are glowing - I am so happy for you and your DH. So about 3 more months to go, huh? How exciting.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Matt and I did a whole lot of nothing over the weekend, and I'm not ready for the weekend to end! We did manage to drag ourselves out this evening to go grocery shopping and to eat. I had planned to go to Home Depot and Lowes today, and to drive by a house that is for sale that I'm incredibly interested in, but I ended up hanging around in my jammies all day, reading a book. I decided to read some of the books on my kindle that I had downloaded some time ago, but never started. The one I'm reading now is The Stand by Stephen King. His books creep me out so bad that it takes me a while to work up my nerve to start one. I can't seem to help myself and keep downloading them. We were able to catch a break in the rain and get our walk in last night, but we had heavy rains all day today and walking was out of the question. Matt and I haven't been feeling great the last few days. I ate something with MSG in it, which is a 100% migraine trigger for me. It was one of those packaged taco rice deals where you add water & tomatoes, and I didn't read the package for ingredients first. Matt played too many basketball games Friday and has been barely able to move all weekend. We're quite a pair!

marcy - I bet it's tough to find things to eat with your food allergies! I just have to watch for things with MSG, and I can't eat pre-packaged lunch meats and cheese and other things loaded with preservatives because those trigger migraines as well. Nothing messes with my stomach, though! When do you get your flooring? Our downstairs is hardwood, but the upstairs is carpet - and it needs to be replaced really bad. Every year we promise ourselves that this is the year we're going to get things done, and we never get around to it. We're seriously considering moving to a 1-story house a few exits closer to work, and to get our house ready to sell we'd have to replace the carpet and get new appliances for the kitchen. A fresh coat of interior paint wouldn't hurt either!

skippy - you look so good! Congrats!!!

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I used to read Stephen King books all the time. I should download one and read it. I think I am more of a scaredy cat than I used to be though - as long as Marty is in the house I'd be fine though. The book I am reading is called "A Short History of Nearly Everything". My mom got it from a lady at the gym and it has a lot of astronomy and science in it. I read about 50 pages so far - I knew all of the astronomy part but the side stories about the people are interesting. I sure hope you and Matt are feeling better this morning. Migraines are awful! How exciting to be looking at getting a new house. We have a basement but our laundry room is a little closet off the dining room on our main floor so I honestly never go downstairs. We should get a call from the carpet guy today or tomorrow with an estimate. I need our tax refund first to pay for it but we e-filed so it should be here this week or next week. They'll probably do the carpet first then the laminate but I don't know for sure. I am getting very anxious to have it put in. Our living room carpet wasn't installed very well so along the seams it looks awful. The kitchen has vinyl and there are "tracks" where we walk all the time and it's shrunk away from the edges. Both of them can stand for an upgrade. I hope it quits raining there!

Do I really have to go to work today? ;(

Have a wonderful day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just won't stop snowing it the cold/freeze continues.

Went downhill skiing yesterday--and they had a race in progress; toward the end of the day I did the slalom course! I loved the gates! Did three runs before they removed the gates at it was finished...Rather fun.....

Today I did yoga and I am all in--holy moly. Forget about shovelling the snow!

Hope ya'll are well!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

We went out tonight and put down $1000 on our new carpet and wood laminate. I am so excited. We should have everything installed within about 2 weeks. Sweet.

Then we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and Office Max.

Marty made some Indian dish and I had a burger cooked on the grill. I had chicken for lunch today and that was a bad idea. I started getting a pretty bad stomach ache about 3 pm so I didn't want much for supper. Which I know is a GOOD thing.

Sharon, glad you had some fun times on the slopes. The snow does seem to keep on coming doesn't it? I am sure you feel like you've been shoveling for months.

Take care!
Marcy

uklfstyle

Rough_Rock
i'm planning a lot of pool outgoing,barbecues:-"....and of course the calories should be taken down so i'll begin to run everyday:D
Wish me luck:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results