shape
carat
color
clarity

feathers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemz

Rough_Rock
Noted from the HRD report of a diamond I'm considering that there's a feather and 3 pinpoints to one side of the diamond. And it's been graded VVS2. Would that be consistent with the way GIA would grade it? Or has it been 'over-graded'?

Plus, are there dangers of getting a diamond with a feather? I've read horror stories about how feathers can cause the diamond to crack. Sure don't want that happening to my engagement diamond!

larry

Rough_Rock
I don't think you have anything to worry about the diamond cracking due to the feather especially with VVS1. In a previous discussion Cut Nut had the following to say.

Feathers: I have never seen a diamond that broke because it had this or that type of inclusion. Most chipped stones have very thin girdles and often shallow crown angles.

Certifications: AGS=GIA, then HRD, then a fair way to AGL Israel especially and IGI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results