shape
carat
color
clarity

Feather in VS1

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I came back with another question.
Is this Feather location would be a problem? Its in the edge, if its in a diamond bigger than 2.5ct would you get this diamond or would you make a pass?

88AF2E31-C8A7-4E1B-88FC-CB93B7E23A61.jpeg

And also what do you think of this Aset? Does it show leakage more than it should for a super ideal price? Or is it normal?

1131CAF2-D5FB-4251-B9A4-E2CE8D543F70.jpeg

I will still take a look of this diamond in real life. The leakage in this certificate is more than I thought. But for the performance I’ll still go with what my eyes will tell me. I’m more concerned about the feather, is it OK? Or should I keep looking? Oh, btw its a VS1.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there any comments on the grading report?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Feathers should be fine, whats the girdle rating?
The ASET is just fine.
The heart view is with the diamond upside down and the colors are meaningless.
Face up it just has the leakage that any modern round brilliant has.
Do you have an actual aset or just the computer generated one on the report?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Is this ACA? I believe I saw this stone on their site. If so, the stone is fine.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is from whiteflash, ask whether “the clouds not shown” is impacting transparency. Probably not on a VS1, but since cloud is the first listed grade setter and “clarity” is not the same as “transparency” and WF will definitely tell you what they see. I would not be concerned about the feather.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Feathers should be fine, whats the girdle rating?
The ASET is just fine.
The heart view is with the diamond upside down and the colors are meaningless.
Face up it just has the leakage that any modern round brilliant has.
Do you have an actual aset or just the computer generated one on the report?

Thank you for assuring me. I really want to love this diamond because I want to end this misery of finding “The one”. As much as I love window shopping for a diamond but this whole process in the past month has been too stressful.
I don’t have the actual ASET, its just from the report. I’ll try to capture one when I got my hands on the stone in couple days. I can’t find a number for the griddle, I only found Thin to Medium.

@daisygrl for the fairness and not be biased with vendor, I will not disclose which diamond house it is from =)2:lol:
However if I decided to keep it, I’ll make a different thread and disclose everything, so its fair :D.

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
İ was told by JannPaul to avoid feather if the feather is present in the same.spot on the front and back of the stone.
Especially near the girdle
İ was looking at a aca stone which had feather on both sides.
They said that it greatly impacts the risk of damage as it goes through especially near the girdle

Hard to tell exactly which is the feather and which is not from.the pics though

Just wanted to relay what they advised me

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
İ was told by JannPaul to avoid feather if the feather is present in the same.spot on the front and back of the stone.
Especially near the girdle
İ was looking at a aca stone which had feather on both sides.
They said that it greatly impacts the risk of damage as it goes through especially near the girdle

Hard to tell exactly which is the feather and which is not from.the pics though

Just wanted to relay what they advised me

Looks like they are in different locations front vs back

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is VS1. The feather is not an issue whatsoever in a VS1. Whiteflash does not put stones in their ACA line that have issues with clouds, either.

The light return is ideal. There is nothing to be concerned about with this stone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is VS1. The feather is not an issue whatsoever in a VS1. Whiteflash does not put stones in their ACA line that have issues with clouds, either.

The light return is ideal. There is nothing to be concerned about with this stone.

100% agree. A feather shouldn't be an issue at all with VS1

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t say its ACA or its from WF :lol-2:
Noted, Feather in this VS1 is fine. I’ll keep you posted when I got the diamond in couple days.

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
Can’t wait to see what you decide on!!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait to see what you decide on!!

So I picked up the diamond today. It surely have different lighting performance than the last one. But I can’t really see how it really is because its on a diamond holder. I don’t know how @LLJsmom can get a feel of a diamond in a diamond holder.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
B09FA1EF-6AAE-4DD5-BEB3-44BDC1810550.jpeg 75E02560-5C1A-40BF-847D-F5D4A4074EC7.jpeg

This is a H color, Comparing color with 2.06 G VS2 GIA 3ex
9C5A306B-903F-445A-9784-8A761F2F593A.jpeg
I’m sorry I haven’t used to take pictures of tiny diamond, taking a good picture of a diamond is so hard!

Picking up color from its surrounding. B6A15096-F532-4173-A671-BA41787CC890.jpeg

Attachments

• 6D3EDD43-2655-4B43-BA37-C6A2B4136EC9.jpeg
    6D3EDD43-2655-4B43-BA37-C6A2B4136EC9.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 21

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks AMAZING! What are your thoughts on it, seeing it in person?

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@munchee I think It looks pretty white and so much fire! How do you feel is the light performance different from the last one? Do you like it better this time?

The last one have more bigger flashes but only a little bit of smaller flashes. This one have less big flashes than the last one and a lot more smaller flashes. But I like how the flashes in this one is more colorful. There’s no better or worse, I guess its just a matter of preferences.
I like to see colorful reflections on this one inside the stone not just the colorful flashes it produced outside the stone. I don’t know how to describe it, its just when I see the stone it has rainbowy reflection IN the stone, I hope it makes sense for you =)2 and I tried to flash it in my window when the sun was out and I’m not exaggerating, I was blinded to the point I need to squint my eyes lol

I need more time to know more about this stone but sadly the diamond holder kind of make the stone dark because I noticed this diamond picking up color from its surrounding a lot, and the steely sides of the diamond holder giving it a steely dark look. I know its not from the diamond itself because when I took it of from the holder its not dark/steely at all.
Oh and the diamond holder making it looks smaller in my finger, I think I’m going to keep this, but I also think I want a 3ct. If I’m not keeping this, its solely due to the size that I want a 3ct. But I think I’ll keep it. Oh this one is a 2.8ct H VS1

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t say its ACA or its from WF :lol-2:
Noted, Feather in this VS1 is fine. I’ll keep you posted when I got the diamond in
It looks like a VC to me!?? To me, the way Victor cuts diamonds is a bit different And this stone looks like his style.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Couple hours went by... I feel like I miss the bigger flashes in the other diamond... They totally have different character...
I like that the other one have more big flashes but I feel like its missing little something. I like that this one sparkle from within but I feel like its missing the kick. Although I like this one more than the other one (totally preference) but I wish this one have more big flashes like the other one. But I feel like if I’m letting this go to look for a that extra kick without loosing the gracefulness, I don’t think I have that extra patience and energy. And this diamond holder isn’t helping me at all... I’m extremely annoyed by this diamond holder, the size is even bigger than my thumbs.

Dididudu16

Shiny_Rock
Couple hours went by... I feel like I miss the bigger flashes in the other diamond... They totally have different character...
I like that the other one have more big flashes but I feel like its missing little something. I like that this one sparkle from within but I feel like its missing the kick. Although I like this one more than the other one (totally preference) but I wish this one have more big flashes like the other one. But I feel like if I’m letting this go to look for a that extra kick without loosing the gracefulness, I don’t think I have that extra patience and energy. And this diamond holder isn’t helping me at all... I’m extremely annoyed by this diamond holder, the size is even bigger than my thumbs.

@munchee Diamond hunting can definitely exhausting! I think first you should consider the size since I know you’ve been wanting a 3ct, if you are truly happy with the size then consider the character of the diamond? Do you think this is whiter than the previous one? It seems so from the pictures. I think it’s really pretty but then it’s your thoughts that count.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@munchee Diamond hunting can definitely exhausting! I think first you should consider the size since I know you’ve been wanting a 3ct, if you are truly happy with the size then consider the character of the diamond? Do you think this is whiter than the previous one? It seems so from the pictures. I think it’s really pretty but then it’s your thoughts that count.

I think since I’ll put a Halo this 9.04x9.09mm is OK. For the color, this stone was still in the middle of cutting when I’m in contact with the vendor. I was told they have approx 2.9 G VS2 in the making. And when the final weight came in it was 2.82 and the vendor give me quote for 2.82 G VS2 (not certified yet, just freshly cut), they haven’t see the actual diamond at that time.
When the vendor got their hands in this diamond they said they’re pretty sure that it’ll be graded as a VS1 but they won’t change the price if it came out as VS1. However to their surprised, it came as H instead of G. They said they’re 100% sure it was a G, but well, AGS-Lab said its H, so it might be a high H. At the end I got different quote since it came out as H VS1. So you’re right, this one supposedly whiter than the last one because the vendor said it supposed to be G.
At this point of time, I’m sure if I return this diamond it’ll be gone in no time!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting!! So you probably have a high H. Nice. Now you can tell what you like. You do notice a difference between large flashes and small ones, and maybe flashes from under the table and under the crown. Like you said, different diamonds have different flashes. I like flashes from everywhere. LOL! No surprise. And I kept looking for a diamond that showed flashes from everywhere. Could not settle for less. Then I like big flashes too.

Take it off the diamond holder and just put it between your fingers. Rock it slightly around between your fingers.

Do that everywhere in all kinds of lighting.

Put medical or surgical tape around the bottom of the ring holder to make it smaller.

FWIW, my gut says this is a very pretty diamond. You like it more than the previous one so you're moving in the right direction. You can tell the difference between the two. And you know what you like but also what else you are looking for. So only you can decide whether you want to continue the hunt. You're probably right. Lots of people would like the diamond, and it will sell. Does that necessarily mean you should keep it? Only you can decide. :) Good luck!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom What I feel like now:
1. Can I get a better diamond?
Maybe I can, but how many more diamonds I need to see to find a better one? And the amount of time and energy I need to spend on finding a better diamond than this one, is it worth it? While this diamond is already more than a good one, for me the best I’ve seen so far (again, this is a preference, for others maybe the last one is a better one).
2. The price is good, I still have some money left that I can use to invest somewhere because the sudden drop of color, I was ready to pay for a G.
3. If I return this, I need to start looking again, and finding a 2.8ct G/H and 3ct H is really hard at the moment, HPD already said that if I want a 3ct H it needs to be Cut to order diamond and I need to wait for their upcoming large inventory drop ends, only then they’ll start looking for a rough for me, etc its something I don’t want to go thru, which left me with only WF. They can’t make the Halo that I want, so the process will be even more longer.
I don’t think I want to continue chasing this, so I’ve told Victor that I’m taking it.

you’re right @NicoleNeedsHelp its CIH from VC!!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I can, but how many more diamonds I need to see to find a better one? And the amount of time and energy I need to spend on finding a better diamond than this one, is it worth it? While this diamond is already more than a good one, for me the best I’ve seen so far (again, this is a preference, for others maybe the last one is a better one).
2. The price is good, I still have some money left that I can use to invest somewhere because the sudden drop of color, I was ready to pay for a G.
3. If I return this, I need to start looking again, and finding a 2.8ct G/H and 3ct H is really hard at the moment, HPD already said that if I want a 3ct H it needs to be Cut to order diamond and I need to wait for their upcoming large inventory drop ends, only then they’ll start looking for a rough for me, etc its something I don’t want to go thru, which left me with only WF. They can’t make the Halo that I want, so the process will be even more longer.
I don’t think I want to continue chasing this, so I’ve told Victor that I’m taking it.

Phew, seems like you're thinking it through carefully. I totally understand your logic.
1. So your third point is just straight up facts. 3 carat H, G/H are hard to come by with HPD. Yup, I've looked too. And custom cutting an MRB is not a guarantee that you will like it, given that you are particular. No judgement. I am picky. I wouldn't take that risk either.
2. Price is good for what you're getting. Even Victor expected a G, and since it came back an H, you're getting a high H that looks like a G to a professional trusted eye, but you're paying the H price. Personally, that is a HUGE plus to me.
3. Cut, you like it more than the previous one. That's good. Does one exist in the world that you might like more? Probably. Will you find that one? Maybe. If you cannot take searching anymore, then go with this. Don't you have 21 days? Can you just live with it for several more days and see what it tells you and how you feel?
4. You get to have the Emilya, your dream setting. Ok, no arguments there. Dream setting is a lot of bonus points.
5. It's a super ideal so you don't have to worry about leakage. Always a plus.
6. And it does have a great trade in policy. So you never know...

Congratulations nevertheless. Finding one that you like more than the last is HUGE.

Last edited:
It’s a beautiful stone on your hand! Looks very big and bright and white :D can’t wait to see it set! I do think a halo will help disguise size differences between a 2.8 and 3ct enough that you can’t really see the difference.

If you do however really want a 3ct, you could always let VC know that if a 3ct G/H comes into his inventory to let you know and you can see whether you want to upgrade at that time. The only possible issue here could be that the setting may not be able to be reused with a bigger stone (but that’s something VC can tell you for sure, I don’t know if a ~0.2ct change in weight is enough to exceed tolerances for a halo setting).

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom I think keeping it for another days with the diamond holder is such a waste of time. I’m so annoyed by it, I got a feeling if I don’t take this diamond its because of that diamond holder. This diamond pick up colors from its surrounding, more than other diamonds I tried. So that diamond holder is making this stone to look so steely because somehow the color of the sides are somewhat really dark-blackish-grey (where the prongs are). And that makes the diamond looks very steely when its on the holder. I thought the diamond itself is steely, but it turns out it came from the holder.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a beautiful stone on your hand! Looks very big and bright and white :D can’t wait to see it set! I do think a halo will help disguise size differences between a 2.8 and 3ct enough that you can’t really see the difference.

If you do however really want a 3ct, you could always let VC know that if a 3ct G/H comes into his inventory to let you know and you can see whether you want to upgrade at that time. The only possible issue here could be that the setting may not be able to be reused with a bigger stone (but that’s something VC can tell you for sure, I don’t know if a ~0.2ct change in weight is enough to exceed tolerances for a halo setting).

Thank you @AllAboardTheBlingTrain Victor said if its within 0.2mm its OK, it still can be use for 0.5mm bigger but the diamond will sit high on the Halo.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock

As soon as I saw it, I said “that is Victor’s stone”. If he said it looks like a G, you got a steal. My bet is - if you send it back to AGS for a regrade, it will come back a G. Looks like you won the lotto. I cannot wait to see it.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock

oh, I forgot to add- I AM SO JEALOUS

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results