shape
carat
color
clarity

FBI Gets Whitey Bulger!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This might only matter to people from the Boston area or New England, but the FBI captured Whitey Bulger last night in Santa Monica. This former FBI informant was also a sociopathic mass murderer with ties to the Irish Mob and IRA. It's big news here today.

http://bostonherald.com/

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Interesting...he's well known outside of Boston too. For someoone who was so sought after you'd think he'd be in Mexico or something, not hanging around Santa Monica. Probably thought he had enough people on the inside protecting him.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
janinegirly|1308835451|2952836 said:
Interesting...he's well known outside of Boston too. For someoone who was so sought after you'd think he'd be in Mexico or something, not hanging around Santa Monica. Probably thought he had enough people on the inside protecting him.

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if a few in the FBI (currently or in the past) actually knew or suspected where he was all this time. I mean, one of his accomplices was an FBI agent!

One of the radio shows I was listening to this morning said they wanted to know if he'd been getting social security all this time. lol.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
There was just a profile of his wife sometime within the last week asking if she had been seen. I wonder if this helped locate him. He's been on the run for over a decade, right?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
HH, you might find it interesting to hear that while it was the lead story on all of the national network morning shows, it was buried deep, DEEP into Los Angeles A.M. news programs--like, 5th or 6th story-- despite it being local news!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1308837263|2952850 said:
There was just a profile of his wife sometime within the last week asking if she had been seen. I wonder if this helped locate him. He's been on the run for over a decade, right?

I think the America's Most Wanted ads (or whatever they were) were what worked. Apparently, Bulger and his long-time girlfriend had been living in the same apt. complex for 13 years or something like that. When they were arrested, the police/FBI found all sorts of firearms and $$$$ in their apartment.

Bulger has been on the run for 16 years, I believe.

It's all over our news in New England. I was surprised that he was actually caught. I guess I didn't really think they'd find him.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uppy-there's talk on the street about the convenient timing of the FBI and AMW campaigns. The TV spot wasn't even carried in the LA market. The news there picked it up off of the SD and SF stations and put it into the news. And supposedly some woman in Iceland heard about it on CNN and called in the tip that led them to Santa Monica. Then magically 2 days after the spot runs they catch him? Sounds a bit fishy. So people are saying the either his gf turned him in so she could cut a deal and get protection, or he set this up with someone close to him so that the reward money could go where Whitey wanted it to go. Coincidentally Whitey's niece (Billy's daughter) lived within a few blocks of the apartment where they live...

This man was a criminal mastermind who alluded the FBI and police for 16 years. Who knows what the truth is at this point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results