shape
carat
color
clarity

Favourite flower?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This photo is for you, then. :)

My dad took this photo in his front yard some years ago, and I use it as the wallpaper on my computer as it always cheers me up.

Sunflower in Dad's yard.jpg

Thank you! So beautiful. I often buy the small mason jars sunflowers from target for myself, or just to brighten someone's day.

Other than the usual suspects that others have already mentioned: lilies, camellias, carnations, gerbera daisies etc. I particularly love genda phool, I think they’re called marigold in English.

They come in yellow/orange/red colours mostly, though orange is most ubiquitous. You can’t have a festival without genda, and they smell heavenly.

982011CD-927A-474F-82BE-1B916D4BDD6C.jpeg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I've never been one to pick flowers and have them in vases in the house so I've never paid so much attention to their scent. However I worked for a blind lady for years and she always wanted flowers in vases placed around the house as the scent was how she enjoyed flowers. I remember endless vases of Daphne.

Also interesting is how we might differentiate scent by colour. For example deep red rose we associate with a particular scent and pink ones another. But the colour of the rose isn't what determines the scent.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peony! Too bad they don’t bloom long.
14FAF14D-83F7-47AB-8942-D396AD3BAC86.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love how sensual black petunias are - I can’t help but lightly touch them when I see them

1637809728623.jpeg

i also just adore cherry blossoms and other flowering trees (like magnolias)…

One of my favorite things about living in NYC was seeing the cherry blossoms bloom!

1637809812637.jpeg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I love how sensual black petunias are - I can’t help but lightly touch them when I see them

1637809728623.jpeg

i also just adore cherry blossoms and other flowering trees (like magnolias)…

One of my favorite things about living in NYC was seeing the cherry blossoms bloom!

1637809812637.jpeg

Dogwood too!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2020_7$largeimg_1213696502.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes the purple flowers of the Jacaranda tree make late spring otherworldly, but ...
Nearby us is street where huge old Jacarandas line both sides of the street.
They meet in the middle forming a solis overhead canopy of amethyst.
While driving there is magical, I love/hate going for a walk.

Love for the sensationally-magical view & experience; it's like you dropped LSD.
But I also hate them because they they turn brown and slimy after falling to the ground. :knockout:
After a walk I have to take off shoes off before entering the house to pick/wash off a zillion dead brown mushy flowers.

Also those beautiful flowers can ruin you car's paint.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo is for you, then. :)

My dad took this photo in his front yard some years ago, and I use it as the wallpaper on my computer as it always cheers me up.

Sunflower in Dad's yard.jpg

Yup. Had these growing UP in our yard when I was growing up...they have such a sunny presence!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
CCADBEDF-EB0A-4050-A3C5-CF2E316D8D1B.jpeg
Nigella otherwise known as Love in a mist! My favorite flower name though I would say peonies and daylilies are my favorite perennial flowers.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it's definitely lilacs. The smell is heavenly. I have some lilac trees and very nearby there is a park that has many varieties of lilac. I love going there in the spring.

images (6).jpeg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other than the usual suspects that others have already mentioned: lilies, camellias, carnations, gerbera daisies etc. I particularly love genda phool, I think they’re called marigold in English.

They come in yellow/orange/red colours mostly, though orange is most ubiquitous. You can’t have a festival without genda, and they smell heavenly.

982011CD-927A-474F-82BE-1B916D4BDD6C.jpeg

This is my both months flower. Love these!!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad this thread branched (hah!) out into trees, some of them have such beautiful flowers.

The bleeding out of the deeper colour in that flower is simply breathtaking.

I do remember David Attenborough saying he got letters of complaint from people when he explained that the diverse petals, colours and scents of flowers, that can't move, was to attract bees and other insects for pollination and enabling the species to survive. Complainers didn't like this explanation and thought the beauty was created for humans. We can be an odd little species at times.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results