shape
carat
color
clarity

Favourite flower?

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Walking with the dog this morning I passed a house with a nature strip full of blooming pansies. They looked superb and I remembered pansies as being my father's favourite flower due to their velvety depth of colour. Do you have a flower and a colour you're partial to?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poppies, they are dramatic and command attention. I have a poppy theme in my dining room, love them!

B3F2EED0-2F4E-4BFA-B678-48014105B513.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23bee611efb082a4ca57bf15c4deb7b6--purple-orchids-orchid-flowers.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Violets, all varieties but especially blue and red violets
Lily of the Valley
Hydrangeas
Blue Delphiniums
Purple Pansies
Forget me nots
Snow drop
Lilac
Honey suckle

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any yellow flowers.

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love them all. I couldn't pick. Every little bloom (yes even dandelions) makes me smile.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all flowers but if I had to choose it would be the beautiful bright Daisy. Cheerful and bright and lovely.

A8619DC2-992C-46A1-BCFB-90D6BF7B9D58.png

Chaucer called the daisy “the eye of the day”.
The daisy represents purity and innocence. It represents peace and harmony and also a powerful representation of true love. Plus, being a flower that blooms during spring and summer, the daisy has also become a symbol of rejuvenation and rebirth.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
1637714710009.jpeg

Camellia Ave Maria. I have a bush of it 30yo in the front of my house. It blooms every March. So beautiful and elegant.

Also bought Camellia Kramer Supreme last year. I’m hoping to grow it into a bush as well

1637714920976.jpeg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful array of flowers, thanks for sharing. I love those loose petal Oriental Poppies (I'll take that tone of pink in a flower, dress or sapphire, thanks!) contrasted with the stylized petal structure of the pink Camellia Ave Maria below.

We have numerous Belladonnas here, interesting to hear they're also known as Naked Ladies due to their long bare stems.

We also have lots of Irises in our back garden Stracci. They seem to like the heat. I actually also like them even when they're not flowering, they have such a definite and attractive leaf structure.
shopping.png
Thanks to Vincent Van Gogh

Thanks for those very cheerful daisies Missy.

Chaucer called the daisy “the eye of the day”.

I have a friend who has written dissertations on Chaucer. This would be a nice quote to remind her of.

I love poppies too Yadda,. My mother was Icelandic and those dramatic, as you say but also light looking poppies make the soul dance.

Neptune - there is a Lady Slipper flower? I was just looking at a ring called The Lady Slipper with an impossibly thin band. So that's where they got the name from.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
That rose is exquisite PreRaphaelite , the delicate colour, the petal formation. Just looked up David Austin. Imagine being a rose breeder! His work is sublime.

Snowdrops have also been mentioned. We have a cluster that are somehow enhanced by the cold of a winter's day.
snowdrop-flowers-blooming.jpg

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pansies and Iris - because they have faces. Pansies also thrive in cooler weather - just like me!
Lilac - for the smell. My ex's mother gave us half of her lilac bush when he and I bought our house, just a couple of bunches perfumes the whole downstairs.
Roses - for the smell and color.
Honeysuckle - for the smell.
Lily of the Valley - for the smell, and it reminds me of my sister who passed in 1994, they were her favorite.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm partial to flowers that, to me, smell good.
Freesia, night blooming jasmine, plumeria (the Lei flower), old-school natural not-hybrid roses.

My favorite flower fragrance is the bloom of the sweet pea plant.

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Sacred Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera). Fascinating in all stages, from the bud to the flower to the pepper-pot seed capsule. A summer treasure. Sacred to Buddhism. A traditional subject of Chinese painting. For some truly wonderful paintings, google Bada Shanren (Zhu Da).

LotusComposite.jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
A deep red rose with a scent to match it's beauty. We have David Austin climbing red rose Symapthie. The scent is heady & heavenly

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Sunflowers. Seeing sunflowers always brings me joy, and I want to be a "sunflower" to my friends and family. I also love the 2 sunflowers songs (Post Malone, Rex Orange County)....when I pass, I want sunflowers and these 2 songs played at my service.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunflowers. Seeing sunflowers always brings me joy, and I want to be a "sunflower" to my friends and family. I also love the 2 sunflowers songs (Post Malone, Rex Orange County)....when I pass, I want sunflowers and these 2 songs played at my service.

This photo is for you, then. :)

My dad took this photo in his front yard some years ago, and I use it as the wallpaper on my computer as it always cheers me up.

Sunflower in Dad's yard.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results