shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Wedding Planning Moment!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Forgive me if this has been done before, but I was curious what you have as your favorite moment(s) during the wedding planning process. Amid all the stress, frazzled nerves and DIY projects, is there something you can look back on and just smile?

For me - writing our vows and declaration of intentions. We had gotten a booklet of sample ceremonies from our minister and were allowed to pretty much write our entire service if we so chose. While we did have specific wording choices we preferred for the ''standard sections'' we were most concerned with writing our own vows and our own declaration of intentions. I really wanted to be able to say "I do." Not "I will" or "I am" but specifically "I do."

The vows took us a long time to write, we wanted it to reflect us but not be too long. After highlighting and crossing out and taking notes, I gave the booklet to FI to give me his input. It sat for weeks. I asked him a couple of times if he was ever going to do it, and he always said it''ll be finished before the wedding. haha. I went out one night and was out late, and I got a message before he went to bed to look at the computer when I got home. I got home stressed, PO''ed and tired, but still looked at the computer. And there they were. Our vows. He had gone through, looked at what I had written and even typed up the "[insert bride''s/groom''s name here]" part.

For the declaration, we were flying home for the holidays and still had that book, and couldn''t decide how to fit "I do." into everything without it being clunky. So there we were, in the airport bar, writing our declaration of intentions for our wedding on the back of a cocktail napkin. I still giggle about that. Not to mention, it fit in seamlessly with our ceremony!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finding my dress! Once I found it I was super excited for the wedding. I kind of assumed I would never find a wedding dress I liked (I''m super picky and not traditional) so I was sort of dreading the whole thing. That probably sounds silly but I love fashion and clothes (used to be a buyer for a boutique) so it was an important part of the wedding to me! It was the first dress I tried on and I knew that was it.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Choosing the MUSIC!!! that was my favorite part. :)

Vows and Reading came in at a close second.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I found the most rewarding element finding the venue. It was also the most stressful, but finding just the right space to get married in was very important to me. I searched for months and went to dozens of locations, and none felt quite right till I visited the cultural center - and the reaction is one I will remember forever. There was just this overwhelming sense of knowing - This is it! This is what I have been searching for!

I guess it is similar to what they say is supposed to happen for you when you try on "the dress". I didn''t get a dress moment, but I did get a venue moment :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...there are a few.

Choosing the dress, when my mom teared up.

The dress fitting where my dad saw the dress for the first time. That was a really sweet moment.

Cake tasting - the only thing my FIL was really, really into.

Seeing the venue for the first time. Strangely neither my DH nor any of our parents were there - I was with my BFF and my SIL, I believe, but I totally gasped when I saw it.

The envelope stuffing party with DH and my BFF - hysterical.

Making STDs with DH and finding out that he was a very good "stamper."

Menu tasting. OMG that was good.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Cake tasting was SO much fun. DH was dreading it, as he said he''s never had a great wedding cake. He even tried to convince me that we should have an alternative to wedding cake. However, we tried cakes from 4 places and likes them all!!! In the end, we chose two flavors from our bakery--tirimasu and chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and chocolate buttercream. I also really liked the oreo cake and pina colada cake from a different bakery--yum!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, now that I think about it, I actually had a lot of fun moments!

- Cake tasting! I took my two most discerning tasters: DH and my little brother. They''re hard to please, and, as a result, the cake was out-of-this-world delicious.

- Picking invites. My bridesmaid and I had a ball looking through invitation books and picking out the craziest, weirdest stuff (incidentally, we also found the real deal, which I loved).

- Finding the perfect inspiration necklace on Etsy and having the artist make one especially for me.

- Watching my bridesmaids take over a bridal shop and giggle through trying on at least 25 dresses . . . each.

- Taking dance lessons with DH! We had the best time, learned so much, had a wonderful, fun first dance, and now have some real dance moves we can break out at our friends'' weddings. I can''t wait to take more lessons!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 5:48:15 PM
Author: thing2of2
Finding my dress! Once I found it I was super excited for the wedding. I kind of assumed I would never find a wedding dress I liked (I''m super picky and not traditional) so I was sort of dreading the whole thing. That probably sounds silly but I love fashion and clothes (used to be a buyer for a boutique) so it was an important part of the wedding to me! It was the first dress I tried on and I knew that was it.
Ditto - it''s cliche but trying on wedding dresses has been the highlight for me. I found THE dress and can''t wait to say I do in it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't even know this forum existed until today! I love it!

I'd say:

1) Finding the dress
2) Picking the music
3) Picking the photographer
4) Buying the flowers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results