shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Spa Services

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Since you ladies know how to treat your selves
31.gif
What are some of your favorite spa services??

I hate when they do my hair and makeup. Never looks as good as when I do it. I do love massages - reflexology and facials.
Yummy - I also love the warm tables and spa atmosphere
25.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hot stone massages. I have had this service at several different spas when we travel and it always feels SO good!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love pedicures. Especially when I remember to bring a book and it''s not on a busy weekend day.

I like one type of massage-- I never remember what type it is, but it''s the only one that I really relax for. FI knows which one it is.

I have not, to date liked the facial process. I get waxing done, and I can''t say I like that either...lol.

A good shampooing is always wonderful... scalp rubs.

I don''t like getting my hair blown out or my makeup done though. My hair comes out flat and my face dark and fierce. I prefer to do those myself.

I''ve never had an updo done though... I might like that. I''ve always worn my hair down for events.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto sundial, hot stone massages are my absolute FAVES. i also love a good body scrub followed by a massage. tried a ton of diff facials and they never do a thing for me, i have pretty good skin so i always feel like ''what was the point of spending $95 on that, i coulda had a 60 minute massage!'' in general i mostly go for massages. i wouldn''t pay to have a spa do a mani pedi on me when my local place does a fab job and even massages and uses hot stones on your arms and legs for like 1/2 the price of the spa mani pedi. i wouldn''t get hair or makeup done either. for me it''s mostly body scrubs and massages.
2.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I love hand and feet massages. And scalp. The local spa does this great combo package and massages oils into your scalp. Really excellent! Salt body scrubs are a close second tho!
5.gif

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. I just have to find the right spa in the Philly / Bucks county area. I have had some great treatments while I have been on Vacation, but nothing too hot at home. Any PS''s from this area that can make some recommendations... We all need to pamper ourselves... I am getting my two boys ready for college - One is graduating from HS and the other is going back after a year of deciding what to do
37.gif
Busy time now - I really need this
12.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Am I weird? Spas really creep me out. I''ve tried all sorts of them & I wind up being more stressed out when I leave from the pressure to relax properly in the company of some perfect stranger touching me, and then having to shell out an exorbitant amount of money to just feel akward. LOL. I''m just afraid I''m doing it wrong & am going to tip incorrectly or something weird like that.

Worst spa experience hands down was last December, I went on a cruise with my girlfriends (no kids! no hubbies! baileys and coffee for breakfast! sleep in till noon!) and I had a massage, a manicure, and a blowout and during every service they were trying to upsell me products. I finally told one girl "honey, I can''t remember to floss some days, you honestly think I''m going to remember a 3 step regimen to keep my cuticles soft? Please, let me enjoy the service & if I like something, I''ll simply buy it". oooooh made me SOOOO mad, I couldn''t freaking relax.

That said, I do like a good massage, but I know my massuese (she works at my gym) and I love pedicures (but again, I always go to the same girl). I also LOVE getting my hair done. I adore my hairdresser & she does a fabulous job of styling my hair...the shampoo & blowout are heaven to me.

Diver

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2007 1:32:00 PM
Author: IndieJones
I love hand and feet massages. And scalp. The local spa does this great combo package and massages oils into your scalp. Really excellent! Salt body scrubs are a close second tho!
5.gif

The scalp is my favorite; if I could just find a good deep tissue massage out here in Albuquerque?!?!? Belle know of any?

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of your input - AND yes DG - at times you do feel a bit awkward. I posted in F&H about a spa experience I had that was not so great. The women doing my nails kept trying to make conversation by asking me a ton of Personal QUESTIONS - Then she had the nerve to say - "Well - You really did not tell me too much about yourself" Yikes - I really like to space out and relax at the spy ... I do not want to GAB.
14.gif
And - I hate it when they try to sell you things. I have not had that happen lately.. On a more positive note - Is a deep tissue massage painful? I need one since I have been going to the gym on a regular basis lately
4.gif
Proud of myself and I want a reward...yippee

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hot mud bath!
30.gif
I had one in CA wine country and another in Italy - divine!

I love getting my lashes tinted too. The process itself is nothing special, but the results are fantastic!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a good scalp massage and good blow dry.

I like getting my make up done, only if the person is good. I do my own make up very well and do not wish to look like a drag queen or have my lip liner drawn up onto my skin.

I love neck and should massages and foot massages that are not deep and painful. I also love scrubs and hot rock massages.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results