shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Shampoos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

Could you please list your favorite sampoos? Especially for dry hair.

Thanks
~Maria~

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love hydrating shampoo by Biolage. And anything by Frederic Fekkai.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kerastase! It''s pretty darn expensive...but you only need to use a little itty bit and it is amazing. It''s available only at really good salons and a few places online.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 12:44:39 PM
Author: neatfreak
Kerastase! It''s pretty darn expensive...but you only need to use a little itty bit and it is amazing. It''s available only at really good salons and a few places online.
Ooh, I forgot that one. Yes it''s great. Haven''t used it in a while. Love the smell.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Matrix Biolage.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all of the Frederic Fekkai shampoos and stuff, they have an olive oil shampoo and another one for dry hair. Kiehl''s also has a nice one with olive oil for dry hair...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kerastase also has tons of fomrulas, the dark yellow packaging is for dry hair. My salon used to carry it but does not now.

In Europe, Kerastase (L''Oreal, the parent company) is found in drugstores. Here it is more high end. They also have a line with dark pink packaging as well for shine. They make soo many products, serums, sprays, creams, etc, besides shampoo and conditioner...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do the FF shampoos smell good?? I love it when friends say, boy your hair smells so good!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
absolutely. I love the technician shampoo and the apple cider rinse has a nice smell too!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
The pink Sunsilk. Intense Hydration Conditioner or something like that (I don't use shampoo). I have curly hair that is very fine and gets dry easily, but the sunsilk moisturizes it. I also use the TLC creme to add extra moisture to the ends of my hair.

ETA: It's also cheap... three to four dollars at Target!

*M*

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 12:44:39 PM
Author: neatfreak
Yeah, I''ve been using Keatase, but that stuff is pricey, so I was hoping to find out what else is out there where I could get more bang for the buck. Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies...I''m heading out today to see what I come up with. I''d still love more suggestions though:D

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love Frederick Fekkai and Bumble & Bumble shampoos and conditioners. Not inexpensive, but wonderful and worth every penny.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kerastase is nice, but I usually run out in between cuts/colors, so I use Rusk for highlighted hair sometimes, and sometimes I even get the cheapo Tresemme moisture rich formula, which honestly works as well IMO as the expensive stuff. I like to switch out my shampoos pretty frequently...another one I''ve tried that is a more expensive one available in salons is KMS California, I really like it too. It seems to keep my highlights really well moisturized.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 12:37:47 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I love hydrating shampoo by Biolage.
I second Biolage. Also love Catwalk''s Oatmeal & Honey, especially for dry winter months.

I still miss Bumble&Bumble''s banana shampoo, about 10 years extinct I think...

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i also have to say that kerastase is the best shampoo brand i have ever used. you only need a little bit, but it works so well and makes it last a long time too. don''t be fooled by the lack of lather, because its a sign of high-end ingredients and quality! i love it! i also LOVE there conditioners!
i color my hair, so i love the purple bottle!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I alternate between two favorites:

Kerastase Bain Satin 2
Philip B African Shea Butter Shampoo

Both are so moisturizing, I only need a little conditioner afterwards.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I use a brand called Alchemy which is widely available in Australia. The reason I use this is because I hate putting chemicals on my body and hair. I suffer from bad bouts of ezcema and only use gentle products with no irritating chemicals.

Alchemy products are formulated free from sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours. Contains no artificial fragrances and colours.
They do not test their products on animals and all packaging is recyclable. I''ve tried other sulfate free shampoos but they are awful and my hair feels ''dank'' but Alchemy leaves my hair soft and CLEAN!

Normal supermarket shampoo and conditioner costs about $6 - $7 a bottle. Alchemy costs about $22 for the same size. But it''s still cheaper than a lot of ''salon'' brands and it''s better for the body.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been using Rusk Brilliance (I think that''s it) ... but I''ll admit it''s mostly for the Grapefruit & Honey scent. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that smell. About $11 per bottle - which makes me cringe ... I mean ... it''s SHAMPOOOOOOOOO. I grew up on Johnson''s Baby Shampoo & Pert -- how diva-ish need I become?
31.gif

I''m intriqued by Keratase now though after these rave reviews ... and, eons ago I used FF stuff, which I will admit - was PHENOMENAL. Just too pricey & hard to get up where I live now. *shrug*

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 4:11:47 PM
Author: Sparkster

I use a brand called Alchemy which is widely available in Australia. The reason I use this is because I hate putting chemicals on my body and hair. I suffer from bad bouts of ezcema and only use gentle products with no irritating chemicals.

Alchemy products are formulated free from sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours. Contains no artificial fragrances and colours.

They do not test their products on animals and all packaging is recyclable. I''ve tried other sulfate free shampoos but they are awful and my hair feels ''dank'' but Alchemy leaves my hair soft and CLEAN!

Normal supermarket shampoo and conditioner costs about $6 - $7 a bottle. Alchemy costs about $22 for the same size. But it''s still cheaper than a lot of ''salon'' brands and it''s better for the body.
This sounds like something my daughter would love. She has very sensitive skin and is very environmentaly conscienence. Maybe Whole Foods has something like this? Thanks for the info.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 5:49:04 PM
Author: marvel

Date: 3/5/2007 4:11:47 PM
Author: Sparkster

They do not test their products on animals and all packaging is recyclable. I've tried other sulfate free shampoos but they are awful and my hair feels 'dank' but Alchemy leaves my hair soft and CLEAN!

Normal supermarket shampoo and conditioner costs about $6 - $7 a bottle. Alchemy costs about $22 for the same size. But it's still cheaper than a lot of 'salon' brands and it's better for the body.
This sounds like something my daughter would love. She has very sensitive skin and is very environmentaly conscienence. Maybe Whole Foods has something like this? Thanks for the info.

Australia brands the product as Alchemy. If you are from the UK or US, they brand it as Akin. If you are from the US - click on this link http://www.puristusa.com

If you're from the UK - click on this one http://www.mypure.co.uk

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here are my favs:

halo (the blue one)
rusk smooth down
vo5 extra body

for conditioner-
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner --- i live by this conditioner!!!!

i have dry hair that gets oily at the roots. fun combo.

Diamond Luver

Rough_Rock
I use all of the Bumble & Bumble products.

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
The best Shampoo and conditioner is Victoria Secrets So sexy. Once you go there you will never be the same. My hair smells amazing. Like a sweet gentle perfume all over

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mind turning down the font some maybe?
23.gif

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i really feel awfully guilty about purchasing my kerastase shampoos and conditioners because of the prices. for example, a shampoo is anywhere from 25-38 dollars, and conditioners are like 28-50 dollars. however, they make my hair look sooo good. and the kerastase reflection line, the purple one is a must have for colored hair. it makes your hair sooo shiny! i like the masquintese (spelling?) and all there shampoos and conditioners are color-safe! if you go to a kerastase salon, be sure to ask for their leave-in treatments! especially after you get your hair colored, it makes your hair so soft and healty!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 12:37:47 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I love hydrating shampoo by Biolage.

I agree! I also love Redken "Smooth Down." I am having the opposite problem now and have really oily hair (the joy of hormone changes!) but when my hair was dry both those products made a huge difference. Even my hair dresser noticed how healther my hair looked/felt.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 1:54:42 PM
Author: belle
23.gif
i thought the Mrs was showing her enthusiasm for the VS shampoo

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 4:29:15 PM
Author: marvel
Date: 3/6/2007 1:54:42 PM

Author: belle

23.gif

i thought the Mrs was showing her enthusiasm for the VS shampoo

Haha, I got the same impression!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I like this thread...

I "used" to be a hair model for Ted Gibson in NYC (Angelina Jolie''s friend and stylest, whom is super duper nice!) and Frederick Fekkai. I apparently had really nice hair to play with! Anyways, Aveda (whom Ted uses) makes awsome shampoo, which I personally prefer over FF. For dry/damaged hair, it works (and smells) the best (on me anyway!)... For really dry hair, I would use the FF Shea Butter Hair Mask. It is around $20 (not bad) and works wonders for a faster fix!

BUT, my all-time favorite is Bath and Body Works Signature Collection''s Moisturizing shampoo in coconut lime verbena...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Pureology!

My salon uses it and I had been wanting to buy some until I discovered that the shampoo & conditioner together is $50, so my hair stylist gave it to me on the house. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results