shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite holiday movies

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inspired by @mrs-b 's thread of the worst movies I would love to read what your favorite holiday movies are and why.

merrychristmascalvinandhobbes.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is cliche but "It's a Wonderful Life" is my favorite holiday movie. However I can only watch it once every five years or so. But I love it.

christmasmiracle.gif

Makes me cry happy tears every single time.

What's your favorite holiday movie?

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost anything from my childhood.. Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, The Grinch, Its a Wonderful Life, Scrooge. Moving forward.. I love Elf, The Santa Clause and there are two new movies on Netflix, Klaus and The Christmas Chronicles.. there are so many memory makers.. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Scrooge (Alister Sims), Charlie Brown, Elf, Polar Express....and so many others. And of course Die Hard. lol

cheers--Sharon

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Die Hard and Christmas Vacation. Hallmark (and any other place/channel that does Christmas in July, count down to Christmas, etc) has literally made me hate Christmas. I enjoyed these 2 before I became soured on year round Christmas. :evil:

I never have watched It's a Wonderful Life. Maybe some year...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Die Hard and Christmas Vacation. Hallmark (and any other place/channel that does Christmas in July, count down to Christmas, etc) has literally made me hate Christmas. I enjoyed these 2 before I became soured on year round Christmas. :evil:

Watched Chevy Chase last night. It never gets old....LOLOL

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Scrooge”, the musical starring Albert Finney

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rudolph and the land of misfit toys! It's my absolute favourite <3
My new xmas tradition is watching all the horrible hallmark movies though. They are so atrocious, it makes for an entertaining watch.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Elf and The Family Man :lol-2:

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
The Lion in Winter

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have to watch the Elf movie
i seem to have missed it
otherwise

Charlie Brown
and Love actually

its not my favourite genre

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No contest for me, it has to be The Muppet Christmas Carol! :kiss2:

Michael Caine is superb, however, the Muppets still the film under his nose.

I recently learned to sing It Feels Like Christmas in readiness for this year's carol concerts that i shall participate, and it is fun yet very wordy.

It's A Wonderful Life is my second all time favourite film, however it is not my favourite Christmas film, if that makes sense! :lol:

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love It‘s a wonderful life and White Christmas, modern Christmas films just don’t do it for me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Waiting to go out for lunch, just watched Home Alone 2. KEVIN! LOLOL.

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember way back when, that horror stories were popular at Christmas. This was more common in England way back in the day. It stuck with me, and because I like horror in general, I like to watch horror at this time of year (along with all the normal stuff too of course!). So I might say my favourite Christmas movie is "30 Days of Night", a vampire movie taking place during the eternal night in Barrow, Alaska. :eek2:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scrooge with Albert Finney
A Wish for Wings that Work with Opus and Bill
A Year Without a Santa Clause
Elf
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Many great ones mentioned already =)2
I haven't noticed these posted yet - my favorite (as a kid and as an adult) - Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas:
And Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol:
Happy Holidays Everyone! :love:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elf
It's a Wonderful LIfe
Home Alone (1)
A Christmas Story
Titanic
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Forrest Gump

The last three are not Christmas movies per se, but I most enjoy watching them this time of year.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a number of movies listed here I never heard of before and I will be checking them out. Thank you all for sharing them here!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation... no question. :lol:

Image result for christmas vacation gif Image result for christmas vacation gif

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGREED!!!! ...but I hate all Hallmark/Lifetime movies equally, regardless of the time of year. Huge eye rolls from me every time! LOL

Image result for hallmark movie meme

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
AGREED!!!! ...but I hate all Hallmark/Lifetime movies equally, regardless of the time of year. Huge eye rolls from me every time! LOL

Oh definitely! I only watch Hallmark for old Frasier and Cheers reruns when there's nothing else on late at night. And when Hallmark starts there almost eternal Christmas, off goes Frasier and Cheers! If it wasn't for those shows, I wouldn't even be aware of Hallmark.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This made me double over laughing. And might I add, without inadvertently insulting anyone who truly loves Hallmark Christmas movies, that the best part of the movie is typically the dog! ;)2

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me double over laughing. And might I add, without inadvertently insulting anyone who truly loves Hallmark Christmas movies, that the best part of the movie is typically the dog! ;)2

I would agree with that... but they should really consider a cat. A cat would nope right out of that dumb scene, verifying what we think of these movies. :lol-2::P2 #kittydontcurr

Image result for cats dont care meme

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results