shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite holiday memory

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope we all have lots of happy holiday memories. Do you have one favorite? One that stands out above all the rest? Please share if you do and if you don't just share any happy holiday memory if you are in the mood to share.

calvinandhobbesholiday.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy for making me remember this: my parents made huge efforts to make Christmas magical for us children. Advent calendar, wreath, decorations, gingerbread house, ballet (nutcracker), theater, cookie baking, very thoughtful gifts, overall cosy atmosphere. But nothing beat the tree. It was only put up and decorated on the 24 th. They always managed to sneak away and decorate our real tree and light the real candles. Then a little porcelain bell would ring as a sign for us kids that the angels had come and brought the tree.

Nothing beat the first sight of the tree... And the smell!!!

This feeling of joy and family.. Incredible.

Now as a mom I truly appreciate the logistics... This is HARD to accomplish!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
There is a smattering of memories from different times: a great aunt's gingerbread cookies cut (with a pruning knife!) in the shape of birds & tinmen, the adventure of heating up wood burning fireplaces in the morning (they were it!) & the new year eve masked carolers dancing in the snow; then the foreign EOYs that were exotic & fun in their own ways [you never want to know what a foreigner makes of such things!] - twenty, give or take. All in all, I can't say I have ever enjoyed the end of year as much as I have the latest few spent here, although nothing is like those chieldhood memories at all - the weather looks like March, the food is all good news & I have always went out for the best of it throughout the season, give or take some bits of fun cooking just because. A walk in the woods for pine & flowering almond branches - required decoration according to the old times, and a pile of letters to/from everywhere in the world I have passed by, take the cake! (always a sachertorte - in memory of the above-mentioned aunt whose mastery thereof I can only dream of after these many bakes!)

over & out

ps. - somehow no memorable jewelry gifts from this time of the year, the few that count were Easter gifts; a lapse to redress.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Fingers crossed for this thread getting a mile long!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving all the happy holiday memories shared so far. Heartwarming.

One of my favorite holiday memories is a bit untraditional as it was when my DH and I spent the week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve away. We spent that week at The Point. A beautiful resort in the Adirondacks.

So lovely and romantic and to this day remains one of my favorite holiday memories albeit an unconventional holiday. Nice to be away that one time. I wouldn’t want to be away every year but for a change of pace it was sweet. And I wouldn’t mind doing it every few years. There’s something to be said to just spend that time with your SO. No stress, no drama and it was pure bliss.

If you never heard of The Point check it out. It’s the most amazing place. 2 words. Unconditional pampering. No 2 more words. Breathtakingly beautiful. Ok last 4 words. Resort of a lifetime.

:kiss:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results