shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite chocolate picks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Valentine''s Day is tomorrow. Chocolates, candy, flowers...So what''s YOUR favorite brand or type of Chocolate...c''mon, get thinking!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually am not a chocolate CANDY fan. Chocolate fondue..yes
9.gif
. But if I do eat a few candies, I *love* Sees Candies since I was raised on them, they are my mom's favorite sweet store, of course Godiva truffles are amazing, or this local place called Schurras which is coincidentally now just up the street from our new house.
1.gif
Oh and I LOVE fudge.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, I'm totally addicted to chocolate!!!! I'm kind of picky and especially like good, rich, smoothy, yummy stuff like Frangos, Dove, Lindts, and another company that I think has Seattle in the title (they probably make the frangos ones too since the packaging is the same). . .oh, and it's not as fancy, but I've been known to drive to the store in my pjs just for a twix bar
9.gif

mmmmm. . .chocolate!
lickout.gif

Michelle

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: I totally agree about the fudge. YUMMMMMM....there was a really awesome fudge place near my grandmother's house in Michigan. My grandma would take us there once in a while when we would visit over the summers. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the store, and my grandmother has since passed away. I guess I'll never be able to enjoy that fudge again.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is irresistible, Nicrez! For any chocolate nut
1.gif
that is...

Oh well: not much beats some dark truffles (no milk, Criollo chocolate, as dark as they get !) NYC has it all, as far as this chocolate lover remembers. Spain is "chocolate country" for me, but some New York chocolate hunting shop almost swayed this allegiance
2.gif
A certain "Gotham Gardens" had managed to enlist both great chocolate and a serious jungle of flowers... enough for me to remember it.

shopsalott

Rough_Rock
I love Dove Milk chocolate! And, Easter can't come soon enough, I love those hard candy pastel coated Hershey eggs.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Although I don't indulge on a regular basis, my favorite chocolate candy is Lindt truffles! Yum, yum. In fact, I bought some today for my department meeting in a few minutes. Don't think they will last long though.
9.gif

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
Ferro Rocher, Lindt, Toblerone..........
lickout.gif

and sometimes a good ol' hersheys with almonds.

I don't eat a lot of chocolate but every once in a while I get a wicked craving.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How could I forget Schaffen-Berger!! They have this amazing chocolate called 'Nibby Bar' with pieces of espresso in it...its so good. They are pretty expensive and come in small sizes only, so I get Greg a few for Xmas every year and he nibbles on it with port.
1.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
I really love any milk chocolate...it doesn't matter the brand. Although Lindt and Ghirideli (since I live close to SF I have to mention Ghirideli) are particularly yummy
3.gif

I don't like ANYTHING in my chocolate though. I am a chocolate purist. No nuts, no fruits, no fillings.
The biggest problem I have with chocolate is that my skin DOESN'T like chocolate. I have really pretty decent skin. No breakouts, nice and smooth EXCEPT when I eat pure chocolate. Then I get a couple ugly little pimples. Whoever said that chocolate doesn't cause pimples hasn't met me. Since that is the ONLY time I get them, I blame the chocolate - and this keeps me from indulging more. At 30, I don't need problem skin - even if it's only for a couple days.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If any of you are inclined to make a homemade cholocate confection for your Valentine, I posted in Priceless Recipes the recipe for Chocolate Sin. It's easy to make -- dark chocolate, eggs, butter, whipped cream -- and the flavor is knockyoursocksoffchocolateintense.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Matata you are WONDERUL! I will try making this this weekend, but if you guys hear of a great big fire on the east coast, that would be me....

Valeria, NYC DOES have some great shops, like Neuhaus, (FABULOUS dark chocolate tablets melt in your mouth) which we finally got a few years back in the Grand Central Terminal area... http://www.neuhauschocolate.com

Also champagne truffles from Teuscher Chocolates which is right near Rockefeller Center (sadly, TOO close to my office)
eek.gif
and too far from my gym... http://www.teuscherusa.com

My sister and I did a "Chocolate & Fondue Tour" of Belgium and Switzerland, (at least WE called it that), and we noticed a few things:

1) Hands down Swiss make better fondue. their Gruyere is second to none!

2) Belgians make better dark chocolate and their artistry is WOW!

(put it this way, we saw a 8' x 4' carved panel of chocolate that was a piece of ART!)

3) Swiss have better milk and white chocolate

4) Pave de Geneve is the best chocolate EVER!
love.gif

We found it in a little shop in Geneva (can't remember the name!!!) but it's basically dark, milk and white chocolate blended together in a silky, melt-in-your-mouth taste that is unbelievable! It's called Pave because pave is paving, as in the cobblestones of Geneva, since the chocolates are little squares that fit together like street stones in a lightly dusted cocoa powder...*sigh*
3.gif
love.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a great chocolate fan, (except for some whites), but I do love Jelly Beans, the old fashioned kind, not those awful hard old jelly bellies.

win

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
Mmmmm....Fanny May, Godiva, Gertrude Hawk, Lindt, it's all good! I like chocolate from Switzerland. Not sure which exactly...whatever strikes my fancy at duty-free.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have to say that my all time favorite is good old Hershey's Milk Chocolate Plain.
I also love the Lindts Mint Truffles and White Truffles.
I try not to eat chocolate too much, but it sure is delicious.
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Handmade Dark Chocolate w/ Almonds at the local Pharmacy that, believe it or not, carries the *best* chocolates.

In a pinch - hersey dark chocolate w/ almonds nuggets.

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Fassbender & Rausch is a chocolate shop in Berlin and their dark chocolate is mind-blowing, as is their hot chocolate. Honestly, it's worth the airfare to get there....

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Try Manon...mmmmmmm....
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results