shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite brands of clothing and shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janf

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

Just wanted to find out what your favorite brands of clothes and shoes are? :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Methinks I might be afraid to venture into this one?! But will answer if other people are willing to take the plunge!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 12:12:11 AM
Author:janf
Hey guys,
Just wanted to find out what your favorite brands of clothes and shoes are? :)

Oooh boy.
23.gif
Janf, you''d probably have good luck with this almost any other day. It just happens that earlier today (well - now yesterday) there was a heated thread where a couple folks accused some other folks of "label listing" and "bragging" about their designer goods. Hee hee. Never mind. I''ll play.
3.gif

SHOES: Ferragamo (one of few brands with comfie size 11s), Uggs (know they''re out - don''t care!), Nike split-toe mary jane sneakers (can''t remember name), Chinatown cheapie netting slippers, shearling booties around the house (oooh SEXY!
20.gif
)

BAGS: Hogan (great leather, preppy/funky style), Anya Hindmarch (not hip now -- but fun)

CLOTHES: Eileen Fisher & JJill & DKNY ... mostly off-season sales & outlet mall purchases. I''m tall & borderline plus size & all those brands do them well!

2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you took the plunge, still chicken over here!!! (cluck cluck)...twice in 24 hours is my limit...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL DiamondFan: OK I''ll play. I''ll probably get tomatoes thrown at me, but here goes.

Handbags. The Sak. I LOVE them.

Shoes: , Ryka and my Riding Boots, which are My Harley. Yes, I am a grandma and I love riding on the back of my hubby''s Harley LOL LOL LOL. We go for nice rides in the summer to lunch or dinner with friends of ours. Now I don''t want to hear I am a Harley snot, our bike was used, not new and we got a good price on it. We belong to a Yamaha motorcycle group. LOL. Our friends are our age, empty nesters.

Clothes.: Don''t laugh. I like Bob Mackie on QVC. YES, his suede jackets are beautiful and I get tons of complements on them.

When I was working and held an executive position, I was into all of the designer clothes, now just give me plain old comfortable.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will only venture a toe in now to say I am certain that many of the lovely and classy ladies here could wear a sack and look stylish and great. I have friends who shop very frugally and put outfits together that are incredible! They way they accessorize and mix things up, they carry it so well. I think comfy is sooo vital. If I have to wear a suit and hosiery to anything, the first thing I want to do is change into my ***** sweats...:) nope, not gonna do it, it ain''t fittin...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL LOL, Come on DiamondFan.

I don''t like dressing up anymore to be honest. I am like you, I want to take everything off and put comfy clothes on. In summer, give me comfy sundresses. I am 56 and my arms aren''t in the best shape. But I DON''T CARE. LOL LOL.

We have to go to a wedding in June and I am already thinking about what to wear. Wearing heels bother my feet now. LOL
14.gif

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it a dressy affair? I have been loving the look of flatter sandals...works with a dress, capris...if it is a dressy wedding, there are some pretty jeweled sandals that are not too high, or even a pretty ballet flat in a metallic to jazz it up! (I always plan what to wear far in advance...I live in the east coast and woe to you if try to buy spring stuff in the spring!! everything is picked over. you have to buy it in the winter the year prior, who can even think about that stuff then?! )

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH''s niece is having it at a winery here in Calif. I have a dress to wear, just need to find some shoes. I can get away with a low strappy sandal. I should start weight lifting to strengthen my upper arms. Being I''m 56, everything is heading south. ha ha ha.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure you are in great shape! One thought...do you have to do a lot of grass walking since it is outdoors I assume? (at least the ceremony?) I hate having small heels that sink into the ground....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I would have to say that so much of my wardrobe is Jones NY. I love their work clothes...For casual clothes, I don''t have a particular brand. I love Via Spiga shoes for work...but for casual, again, it''s up in the air.
As for bags, I love Marc Jacobs and I think Gucci makes some beautiful bags!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great fan of Prada shoes and clothing, and Gucci bags and shoes also. Maybe an LV or two......OK no tomatoes please--and only sparkly rocks....
2.gif
11.gif

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my fave brands of clothes are Juicy for the sweats, so comfy and i don't wear the ones with the name on the butt!! too old for that.
2.gif
for jeans I love AG Jeans. for shoes i don't really have a fave brand, i shop at a bunch of stores and just buy whatever looks cute/fits well/fits the budget for the day. oh but i live in Havanianas flip flops. for bags I love LV and Prada and Kate Spade's are fun too. i'd prefer to pay more for a bag that i will wear more/longer than less for a trendy look. oh and i love Charlotte beach pants for summer!!! gotta have about 5 pairs of those.

everything else is just piecemeal! i buy what i like.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add for summer clothes and dresses. The Fresh Produce line of clothing. I love their summer dresses.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shoes I'm not really into, I buy what I like. I am wearing a pair of black pumps by BCBG. Handbags, I love LV, Marc Jacobs and Prada. Clothes, piecemeal. I wear a lot of cashmere sweaters in the winter. I love my jeans from JCrew. Comfort is key and so is accessorizing. That's where the bling comes in, hehe.
31.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, even though I love clothes and do spend more than I should, I don''t spend a lot on any particular piece rather instead buy lots and lots of moderatly priced items, mostly because I have two little boys and am always afraid something spilling and staining whatever I''m wearing.

Mostly for dressier stuff, I wear Banana Republic or INC. Lots of sweaters in the winter and t-shirts in the summer. All I wear for pants is jeans and mostly get sevens and recently picked up a pair of AGs for only $79 @ Nordies. When I go shopping I usually shop BR, Nordies (tbd for jeans & Savvy for a few dressier tops) and wherever else (the part of Macy''s that has INC - I have no idea what this department is. . .maybe it''s the "INC" department?
2.gif
lol) for items, then I pick up a couple (like 10
2.gif
) t-shirts at the Gap. I''m sure when my kids are older, I''ll invest in nicer pieces again. But, right now, I cannot imagine spending hundreds on something that may end up covered in peanut butter!
2.gif

Shoes - I have no idea. I''m not much into shoes, so I usually buy whatever looks cute on. Not a biggy on brands, except when it comes to tennis shoes, and I usually get New Balance.

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
Bags: I have a big weakness for Hermès bags but my favourite everyday bag is my black YSL Mombasa.

Shoes: Love Hogan for the comfort but prefer to wear something with high heels as I''m petite. Manolo, Jimmy Choo and Christian Loubutin makes the most comfortable shoes for parties imo.

Clothes: I swear by my jeans from Paige as they make my legs look longer and slimmer. The fun thing about shopping is to mix high and low and I tend to do that all the time. My t-shirts from Petite Bateau are a big staple in my wardrobe and so is my basic black cashmere sweaters from La Rinascente (Italy). The best shopping cities for me are Tokyo and Milan. So far they have never disappoint me
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results