Premium
At the moment, we're listening to Jewel sing "Sammy the Spider"

. . .
Sammy the spider
Sure was a tiger
Pulled his knee socks up higher
All eight of them

. . .

Hee-hee. I'll admit, I kind of really love this song.

So, what kid music do your kids like that you also like?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
The favorites in our house are:

-Christmas Carols
-Brass Quintet music
-the twentytrucks songs (twentytrucks.com)--with bulldozer and excavator being the household faves...the music is like Spinal Tap for toddlers :cheeky:

Yes, we are weird... :lol:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, mine is a preschooler, not a toddler, but she LOVES the Disney Princess Soundtrack. She also loves The Fresh Beat Band (from Nick Jr) and Katy Perry. When she was younger I had a CD from Target with kid's songs. Can't remember what it was called but it was a hit.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to sing traditional nursery songs with DS but I kinda hate listening to kids' music. My sister and SIL play in the car and it makes me want to jump out the window! DS listens to what we listen to for the most part. We do try to play more "poppy" things when he's with us. One of this favorites is "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. He loves to sway to the slow build then boogie when the tempo picks up. So cute! :love:

My favorites to sing are Grey Squirrel and I'm a Little Acorn and If All of the Raindrops (learned this one from Barney about 16 years ago when DD was a baby -embarrassing...). He also likes songs with hand motions like Itsy Bitsy Spider.

LV, maybe you're on to something. Maybe I would like children's music if it was performed by an artist I liked. I should look for some. No Raffi for me!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My kids end up listening to all kinds of music. London has some Wiggles dvds that she used to watch constantly, and the kids put one in a couple weeks ago while I was cleaning..so I had to stop all the time and run in to sing and do the dances. They also love Adele and it's quite comical to listen to them sing her songs.. The boomer has it, instead of Rumor Has It. There is a Barry Manilow song (Can't Smile Without You) that if I play on youtube they both crawl up on the chair w/me so I can sing it to them. They both like Dolly Parton's Jolene, and also Trapper likes Powerman 5000's Show Me What You Got and his absolute favorite song since he was born is Charlie Daniels, The Devil Went Down to Georgia. When he was a little fussy baby-newborn even, if I'd rock him in the computer chair and sing that song to him, he'd calm down. The fiddle put him in a trance or something!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Mine likes Katy Perry... should I worry?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We listen to Bare Naked Ladies children's CD, Johnny Cash, For Our Children, and then whatever I am currently listening to.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
On a side topic - how are your toddlers listening to the music? Your CD player or a kid player,etc?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Pre-baby, we were determined to use silly irish folk music in place of traditional children's music. So far we've had good calming the baby success with "Whiskey Your the Devil" which I think in part eases tension on our end because we find it ridiculous that that is what we are singing/playing for her. Of course, this only works if you enjoy that kind of music.

We also were gifted Dan Burn's children CD- 2 Ft Tall which is super sweet. My favorite is "Shoes" which revolves around "I like that you don't wear shoes/carry a briefcase/have a mortgage" but I would say we are enjoying it more than she is.

We also just started a music "class" with the singer/composer of http://www.veredmusic.com/ my baby seems to particularly adore the music.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
K is totally obsessed with these youtube videos/songs by barefoot books. They have Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush, If you're happy and you know it, over in the meadow. They are really cute, with great multicultural kids pictured in the videos, and really catchy tunes. I love watching/singing them along with her. They're easy to find, and I've downloaded them to my computer for offline viewing too. The only problem is that she always wants to watch them when my laptop is on, so that I can't get anything else done!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drk, N loves you tube videos of babies laughing so whenever I turn the laptop on, he comes running over saying "More! More!"

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayachel, I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the music class if you've gone already. We are going to do a music class, but haven't decided between two good options nearby.

Janine, Sorry for the late reply! I set up cd players in the rooms we spend the most time in, so we just use regular cd players.

Kimberly, Oh, those BareNakedLadies are funny, eh? I got the cd after you mentioned it here! I love the alphabet song.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results