shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite baby names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are your favorite baby names? A coworker and I were talking about this today, and she was saying how she''s been teaching so long that she''s been so turned off from a few names because they reminded her of students she''s had (and apparently they didn''t leave a good impression).

I have a few friends who had the hardest time coming up with names for their kids because they already knew kids with those particular names they were considering. I never understood why that''s a big deal to some.

Anyway, girls names are easier to think of for some reason. Here are some of my favorites: Lily, Micaela, Chloe, Delaney, Katelyn, Kathryn, Ellie

Boys names: Ryan, Patrick, Jack, Nathaniel

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Conner for a boy... demanded by DH

Elora, Leila, or Kiora for a girl.

*M*

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
There was another thread on this somewhere and I made DH play with me (we aren''t even 100% sure we want kids, but it was a fun evening walk game).

Boys: Colin, Cole, Charles, Isaac, Drew, Gabriel

Girls: Gillian, Delaney, Maureen, Meredith, Maryn, Mylie

I think my top two first/middle name combos would have to be Colin Patrick and Gillian Clare.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops -- I forgot Connor and Claire. For some reason, I'm drawn to hard C names.
9.gif

ETA: Emily and Emma too.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i like emily kathryn (first and middle name)
i also like lauren

i have no idea about boy names!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
boys names I think are hard but I do like Matthew and Joseph but girls names are a little easier. I like for a girl, Melanie, Stephanie, Bella, Grace and Lisa.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
girls: (never got to use any!)

Danielle, Emma, Lily, Madeline, Kara, Addison, Charlotte, Alexandra, Francesca, Olivia, Madison, Lauren, Lara, Laurel, Roxanne, Liza, Mackenzie (some of these were before television shows made them popular)

Boys:

Alexander, Harrison, Cole, Hunter, Cooper, Maxwell, Jordan, Adam, Wyatt, Jackson, Dylan, Hutton, Nicholas, Grant, Graham, Charles, William, Henry, Oliver, Connor ...

I am sure I will think of more! It is tough when you have an association with someone and that name becomes a bit tainted to you...

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t really thought about it a lot, but I know there are a bunch of girls'' names I like (Hope, Grace, Elizabeth, among others). There aren''t really that many boys'' names I like, though. I like Ethan, but it''s too close to my fiance''s name (Ian). I like Elliot too.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 9:01:20 PM
Author:zoebartlett
What are your favorite baby names? A coworker and I were talking about this today, and she was saying how she''s been teaching so long that she''s been so turned off from a few names because they reminded her of students she''s had (and apparently they didn''t leave a good impression).

I have a few friends who had the hardest time coming up with names for their kids because they already knew kids with those particular names they were considering. I never understood why that''s a big deal to some.

Anyway, girls names are easier to think of for some reason. Here are some of my favorites: Lily, Micaela, Chloe, Delaney, Katelyn, Kathryn, Ellie

Boys names: Ryan, Patrick, Jack, Nathaniel
I actually agree with your friend, because there are MANY names I would not choose due to having knowing people with these names that left a bad impression, or something similar.

*M*

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
For a girl, I used to like Jacqueline, Jessica, Cassandra. Now, I like Cassidy, Isabella, Sophia, Gabriella, Alexa
Boys are harder. I like Alexander and not sure what else. I always have a harder time w/boys names b/c I don''t tend to like most names shortened.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Girl names DO seem easier. Emma, Hannah, Sophia, Madelyne, Ella, Victoria, Olivia, Lily. Boys are hard!!! My middle son didn''t even have a name until after he was born!! Alexander, Andrew, Trenton, William (Will), Jacob, Joshua, Nicolas.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also like Cassidy, Sutton, Delaney, Scarlett, Ruby and Sheridan for girls, and Soren, Austin, Leland, Drake, Hudson and Dashiel for a boy. Now, I went ultra traditional, I did not use any of the cool or hip names that I like, for many reasons, including I do not think they sounded right with my last name, but, I still love the names, whether or not I would use them...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have always liked Emily, but then I found out it was like in the top 5 of most popular/common names so I wasn't as keen on it after that. I also love the name Lily.

But I haven't really given it that much thought, esp since we are years away from having kids, if we even do! Common boy names around here are Ethan and Dylan, we have 2-3 friends with boys that name now..hehe.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Well, If I EVER have a girl, either Leanna, (which is a combo of hubby''s mom''s name-Leslie, and my mom, Anna)
or Magdalaina..which was my great grandmother''s name...I love this!!
Since I have 2 boys (Andrew and George) if I ever had a 3rd, it would probably be Nicholas Scott. I love that name.
But for us, culture plays a role in naming, I am greek and we use family names..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
For girls I love Paige, Sophie, Olivia and Logan. Boys names are harder. I like Nicholas, Jack, Ryan, Ander and Jordan. Jordan could be a girls name too.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Paige too, and knew a Logan! A boy I went to school with, but I always loved the name.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 12:44:01 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love Paige too, and knew a Logan! A boy I went to school with, but I always loved the name.
Logan is a family name. My SIL used it as a middle name for my niece. I knew a Paige, she was such a sweetheart!!! Another family name is Crawford, that would make a great boys name. We used it for Ashley's middle name.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Crawford, but my dog''s uncle is Crawford so it would sound funny to me. But I like it as a middle name for sure!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My children are called:

Boys: Thomas, Sam and James (All boys have Francis as their middle name after my dad)
Girls: Ashleigh and Lucia. (All girls have Frances as their middle name after my grandma)

I also had a daughter called Madison who didn''t survive the pregnancy. I love that name.

If I had another child (Which there is no chance of lol!) I would pick Grace or Olivia for a girl and Joshua for a boy.
1.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
For a boy: Houston Matthew

For a girl: Madison Ainsley

I have baby on the BRAIN.. as all of my friends are either pregnant or just had babies... ughhhhhh
23.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 12:26:22 AM
Author: Mara
I have always liked Emily, but then I found out it was like in the top 5 of most popular/common names so I wasn''t as keen on it after that. I also love the name Lily.

But I haven''t really given it that much thought, esp since we are years away from having kids, if we even do! Common boy names around here are Ethan and Dylan, we have 2-3 friends with boys that name now..hehe.
Really funny, those are my nephew''s names.

Mer

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Well of course I love my daughters name Yvette Gabrielle
emlove.gif
. I have a list ready of future girl names.

Jillian Esme
Leila Joie
evangeline
Marissa
Cecily
Sage
Lillian
Evelyn
Angelique

Our son if we have one will be named Gavin.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
BOYS:
Cooper
Stanley
Dexter
Deiter
Trey
Colin

GIRLS:
Azriel (Az-ree-EL)
Madison
Kennedy
Kaci
Kaylynn
Candace

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hum... i''m liking colin!
i''ll have to get dh''s opinion on that one.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Boys:
Jack Charles (our 2 fathers'' names) -- except Jack is now the most popular boy''s name in the country
40.gif
and I really don''t want my kid to be in a class with Jack A., Jack L., and Jack M. also... ya know?
Max
Noah

Girls:
Kyla Joy -- family middle name
Alexa
Elisabeth

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I have babies on the brain too Jaders. I have so many friends who are preg or have just had babies!
I like lots of names right now. I like unusual/uncommon but normal sounding names, and I really like some of the older girls names too, like our grandmothers have. We''re going to give our kids normal middle names (Kate, Ann, Mary, Elizabeth, Thomas, Scott, Daniel, Joseph, etc) in case they really hate their first name.

Girls: Avalon (Ava), Ella, Marilia, Eliza, Karly, Analisa, Eva, Madison, Elia, Rosalee, Gwendolyn, Gillian, Ginny, Naomi, Lillian, Emma, Deanna, Nora, Clara,

Boys: Odeen (Deen, DH really likes this one, from celtic mythology), Caleb, Ethan, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Joel, Jordan, Tobias, Zachary.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, the last time I was home, my mother had recently unearthed my baby book and I was perusing it I found a page for "names that I considered." It was filled with names like: Christina, Susannah, Alexandra. And what name did I end up with? Amy. Do we see any sort of connection? I don''t think so.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, fun!

Girls:

Olivia (liv, livvy)
Danielle
Sarah
Allyson
Evangeline

Boys:

Ryan
Patrick
Michael
Aiden (FI said no)
Brady (Fi said no)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i was just talking to my husband about this topic the other day. we''re a wee bit off from having kids, but it''s definitely on both our minds. his father passed away when he was young, so we''ll use his dad''s name as a middle name if we have a boy- bryce. not my favorite, but it''s much more important to honor the memory. and maybe use my maiden name as a middle.

girl names:
Eleanore Fern
Lulu
Katherine
Nora
Quinn

boy names:
Sheamus (it''s irish) shea for short
Liam
Henry
Dermot
Jack

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 12:36:38 AM
Author: Kaleigh
For girls I love Paige, Sophie, Olivia and Logan. Boys names are harder. I like Nicholas, Jack, Ryan, Ander and Jordan. Jordan could be a girls name too.

Yeah, I think that''s a good one too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results