shape
carat
color
clarity

Father of the Groom?? tux questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I had a few tux questions...Now that I''ve found a nice brown vest that I like for the ushers...

What does the Father of the Groom wear?

For me the ushers are wearing brown, groom is in ivory, and my Dad is in champagne. He def could wear the brown, but the Mother of the Groom is wearing black. Would it be weird for him to have a black vest in the same pattern? I don''t know what is traditionally done.

Also...

For tux shirts...ARe most people getting the traditional pleated type shirt or a plain suit type shirt? I couldn''t decide. My wedding is not super formal so i think the plain shirt would be ok. I just wanted some opinions.

Another also...
If the groom is wearing an ivory vest should he wear a white or ivory shirt? I''ve been told both ways by tux people. And if he wears ivory should all the guys wear ivory???

I need tux help1!!

Thanks

~erin~

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i don''t know if i''ll end up going the colored vest and tie route for the groomsmen or not, but either way i will have the dad wear a black tux with a black tie and vest. FI will be in a black tux with a white vest and tie. if we can''t find a tie and vest that match the bridesmaid dresses, then the groomsmen will also wear a black tux with a black vest and tie.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
my father is also wearing a black tux, with black tie/vest. he''s the only father that will be present and i think that black is just a classic look...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Our groomsmen had silver vests, our fathers had black ties and cumberbunds (or however you spell that!) and our ushers just wore suits.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results