shape
carat
color
clarity

Fat pregnant fingers

JulieA

Shiny_Rock
I finally have hit the mark when my diamond rings just cant fit anymore on my swollen pregnant fingers. Some tell me that their shoe size never returned to normal after pregnancy.

how about fingers????

I will be heartbroken if my beautiful eternity band/ wedding bands never fit again since I can not get these sized up.

Please tell me pregnant PS'ers... does your ring size return to normal after the baby (I guess considering you lose most of the baby weight?)

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
My shoe and ring size eventually went back to normal, I think. I know my ring size is actually a tiny bit smaller (1/4 size). My shoes might be 1/2 size larger, but I attribute that to age and other factors. :rodent:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
My fingers and shoe size came back to their pre-pregnancy size shortly after birth! I lost my weight quickly though as I was nursing and it seemed the pounds just melted right off. I hope it will be that easy for my next baby!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fingers all went back to normal after all 3 of my pregnancies... but then 'life' took over and now, things are no longer the same - hands, feet, "other assorted body parts". :Up_to_something:

Mind you, my last pregnancy was 18 years ago... :D :D

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Both my fingers and shoes size returned to normal.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I believe that foot size "growth" during pregnancy is because the hormone relaxin allows them to stretch out/become flatter. So that doesn't apply to fingers.

My fingers returned to normal after my last pregnancy. I'm 34 weeks pregnant now, and even though I'm bigger with this pregnancy, my fingers are smaller than they were at the end of my last pregnancy, weirdly enough (though I've definitely gone up about half a size). I think it's the time of year -- I was pregnant over the summer last time.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fingers are the only thing that didn't get fat when I was pregnant! :lol: I do think that swollen fingers are water weight related and that definitely goes away once you give birth.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1327450441|3110891 said:
Both my fingers and shoes size returned to normal.

this.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I should clarify- my shoe size never changed but I did get very swollen ankles.

JulieA

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Good to know. I miss my rings... darn water retention! :rolleyes:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I had terrible oedema when I was pregnant and managed to put on a whopping 75 lbs. I couldn't wear my rings after the 5th month until 6 months PP.

I lost all the weight and then some by 3 months PP (at one point I lost 30lbs in a week!), but my fingers seemed to take the longest to return to the right size.

BTW, compression elastic bandages are helpful for swollen legs.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
My fingers and feet NEVER returned to their pre-pregnancy size. I didn't gain much weight and lost it all within a month postpartum. I had to buy all new shoes and resize my rings :((

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Both my shoe and my ring size went up by half a size with my first pregnancy and despite returning to my pre preg weight, they have remained half a size bigger. Strangely enough there was no change at all with pregnancy number two.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results