Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Fans for the bridesmaids?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I read that a neat alternative to flowers for the bridesmaids is to have them each carry a silk fan. I think that looks nice in my head......not sure....anyone run across any pictures of this? Or have done/plan to do this for thier wedding?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My mom did this in her wedding in 1964! They had eyelet lace and ribbons hanging down. I don''t have any pictures accessible, but I''ve seen them and it was lovely! The girls held them down low like a bouquet, fanned out. It''s a great look and much easier than flowers because you don''t have to worry about them wilting!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to revive my thread to ask about the groomsmen if my ladies carry silk fans.........what would look nice for a bout for them???

Or can we go without?

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
My girlfriend did this in her wedding about 25 years ago. Except her fans did have a few silk flowers in the front to match the ribbon colors. Sorry I do not have any pictures of them. If the style of the wedding is right - they look fine - like if it is a warm weather wedding I think they look better than say in a cooler weather wedding. Just my 2c.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Wifey~ My wedding is the end of August so it is definitley going to be warm :) My bouquet is still being decide upon.

Sumbride~ So it wouldn''t look off if the girls carried fans but the guys they walk with will have roses for bouts? I found these pretty sage green silk fans that have mauve flowers on them (will go nicely with thier victorian lilac dresses) so I guess I could have mauve roses? Do they make mauve roses? hmmmm.....

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
While I''m working thru the fan idea again, I''d like to ask if anyone has come across a custom-design fan website? I''d like to do really nice ones that may very well double as BM gifts (maybe monogrammed etc). That or, if I can''t custom design one, a fan that comes in a sage green and has pretty mauve or light purple flowers on it???? i''d like non-paper, too..........something with a little substance....maybe silk?

knot has nice bright colored ones but not the sage but i like that bright POP of color..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Particularly in hot weather - I think it''s great! I did the officiating at a friend''s wedding in July and instead of flowers I carried a gorgeous carved wooden fan. Got it at Cost Plus World Market...they have great worldly stuff!!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
firegoddess~ i just took a look at that site and, while they have gorgeous stuff, i didn''t see fans anywhere
i did a search for "fan" and "fat bastard" wine came up instead lol.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 3:40:38 PM
Author: oshinbreez
Here''s a site that has several different kinds.

Asian Ideas

or

painted

ETA: They also have Lace Wedding Fans
I really love the "painted" ones and would totally consider them but they don''t come in a base color of sage green
tHey have a pretty lavendar one with green accents on them but i dont'' know if i want that as much as a base green.....

(boy are they a good price, huh?? especially with the personalization!!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 3:24:07 PM
Author: So_happy
firegoddess~ i just took a look at that site and, while they have gorgeous stuff, i didn''t see fans anywhere
i did a search for ''fan'' and ''fat bastard'' wine came up instead lol.
I''m sorry but I almost peed my pants reading that. It was so funny!!! ROFL.

I suspect the trouble is...it''s February and fans aren''t a big commodity now. Their stock rotates quite a lot. Later in the spring I''m sure you''d have more luck.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
firegoddess~ good point. I will keep looking but I was really hoping it would be easy to custom design them. Heck, don''t folks get fans as favors all the time and have them personalized? Funny about the wine, huh
I thought I had typed in "fat" instead of "fan" so i did it twice, but nope...apparently thier search engine broadens searches quite strangely lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.