shape
carat
color
clarity

Fans for the bridesmaids?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I read that a neat alternative to flowers for the bridesmaids is to have them each carry a silk fan. I think that looks nice in my head......not sure....anyone run across any pictures of this? Or have done/plan to do this for thier wedding?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My mom did this in her wedding in 1964! They had eyelet lace and ribbons hanging down. I don''t have any pictures accessible, but I''ve seen them and it was lovely! The girls held them down low like a bouquet, fanned out. It''s a great look and much easier than flowers because you don''t have to worry about them wilting!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to revive my thread to ask about the groomsmen if my ladies carry silk fans.........what would look nice for a bout for them???

Or can we go without?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Maybe just a simple rose bud. What will your bouquet be?

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
My girlfriend did this in her wedding about 25 years ago. Except her fans did have a few silk flowers in the front to match the ribbon colors. Sorry I do not have any pictures of them. If the style of the wedding is right - they look fine - like if it is a warm weather wedding I think they look better than say in a cooler weather wedding. Just my 2c.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Wifey~ My wedding is the end of August so it is definitley going to be warm :) My bouquet is still being decide upon.

Sumbride~ So it wouldn''t look off if the girls carried fans but the guys they walk with will have roses for bouts? I found these pretty sage green silk fans that have mauve flowers on them (will go nicely with thier victorian lilac dresses) so I guess I could have mauve roses? Do they make mauve roses? hmmmm.....

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
While I''m working thru the fan idea again, I''d like to ask if anyone has come across a custom-design fan website? I''d like to do really nice ones that may very well double as BM gifts (maybe monogrammed etc). That or, if I can''t custom design one, a fan that comes in a sage green and has pretty mauve or light purple flowers on it???? i''d like non-paper, too..........something with a little substance....maybe silk?

knot has nice bright colored ones but not the sage but i like that bright POP of color..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Particularly in hot weather - I think it''s great! I did the officiating at a friend''s wedding in July and instead of flowers I carried a gorgeous carved wooden fan. Got it at Cost Plus World Market...they have great worldly stuff!!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
firegoddess~ i just took a look at that site and, while they have gorgeous stuff, i didn''t see fans anywhere
7.gif
i did a search for "fan" and "fat bastard" wine came up instead lol.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 3:40:38 PM
Author: oshinbreez
Here''s a site that has several different kinds.

Asian Ideas

or

painted

ETA: They also have Lace Wedding Fans
I really love the "painted" ones and would totally consider them but they don''t come in a base color of sage green
7.gif
tHey have a pretty lavendar one with green accents on them but i dont'' know if i want that as much as a base green.....

(boy are they a good price, huh?? especially with the personalization!!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 3:24:07 PM
Author: So_happy
firegoddess~ i just took a look at that site and, while they have gorgeous stuff, i didn''t see fans anywhere
7.gif
i did a search for ''fan'' and ''fat bastard'' wine came up instead lol.
I''m sorry but I almost peed my pants reading that. It was so funny!!! ROFL.

I suspect the trouble is...it''s February and fans aren''t a big commodity now. Their stock rotates quite a lot. Later in the spring I''m sure you''d have more luck.
3.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
firegoddess~ good point. I will keep looking but I was really hoping it would be easy to custom design them. Heck, don''t folks get fans as favors all the time and have them personalized? Funny about the wine, huh
31.gif
I thought I had typed in "fat" instead of "fan" so i did it twice, but nope...apparently thier search engine broadens searches quite strangely lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results