shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Vivid Yellow Princess Cut Help!

lamscott

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

I know nothing about diamonds except for the research that I have done here. Even though I think I am getting something nice. I want to make sure with you guys.

I am looking at a

2.10 Carat
Fancy Vivid Yellow Princess
Clarity: VSI
Depth:67.5%
Table:71.0%
Polish:Good
Symmetry:Very Good
Girdle:Thick To Very Thick
Culet:None
Fluorescence:Strong Green
Ratio:1.01

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have any images?

lamscott

Rough_Rock
pic_1.jpg

and the dimensions are

Dimensions:7.20x7.13x4.81mm

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which lab graded it?
GIA is the only lab I trust to establish the grades and color origin when spending my money on fancy colored diamonds, and I've bought 20 of them.

If the material is synthetic or if the color is the result of manipulation by man the value is a fraction of what it would be if GIA determined both of these to be natural.

With so much money at stake a GIA report, the most trustworthy authority, is essential IMHO.

You can't grade via pics, but I see some brown/green hues in that yellow.
Even if GIA graded it to be pure yellow, with no secondary hue modifier, GIA allows a surprisingly wide range of hue in the pure yellow category.
Some are more desireable than others and the price will reflect that.
This makes price research tricky.

lamscott

Rough_Rock
The grading was from GIA.

I am not asking about price.

I am asking about the diamond itself and whether you think the diamond is appropriate to its grading and whether you would be if the price was within your budget assuming you had an unlimited budget.

lamscott

Rough_Rock
I guess I am asking about a review of the beauty of the diamond itself.

pricing should not be in the review equation.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the faceting, and its pretty square, and nice color to my eyes anyways, I like it. how does the Strong Green Fluoro affect the yellow? does it just give it a hint of green, or wash out the yellow? I'm not sure on fluro in colored diamonds if its a good or bad, or neglible?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lamscott|1317319311|3028850 said:
I guess I am asking about a review of the beauty of the diamond itself.

pricing should not be in the review equation.

I would want more pics in more lighting environments.
The harsh cast shadow and the lighting and environment tell me the diamond, and its hue, will look quite different in an even softer lighting environment.

FCDs can look very very different in different lighting.

If it continues to look brownish green in all lighting I'd not buy it.
I personally would want a more fresh lemon yellow.
Again GIA's hue and tone range for pure yellow is very very wide.
If you like brownish green in your yellow then it is fine.

I'd also want to know what the strong green fluorescence does to its hue in sunlight.
No matter what the vendor tells me, or what pics they supply I would buy only if there was a money-back no questions asked guarantee.

I have returned 8 of the 20 I've bought, and this is from a vendor, www.fancydiamonds.net , with very very honest and ethical pics.
You just cannot be sure about FCDs until you get them into your hands.

Based on only that one pic I would not buy this diamond.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
If you are asking opinions- I don't care for the greenish brown hues in the diamond. I have to think the green flourescence is contributing to it. So I would not buy it, but colors are personal preference. If YOU like the color- that is what is important. I do like the cut of the diamond.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the faceting pattern is nice but I'm not liking the brown/darkness I am seeing in the stone. I would want a brighter stone
but this all could be a matter of the lighting the picture was taken in. A video of this stone in different lighting would really be nice.
Please take into consideration that I prefer Fancy intense yellow vs fancy vivid because the vivids do seem to show a lot of brown
to me.

Do you like the color? Have you seen it in various lighting conditions? What do you think?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I like the cut of the diamond. I am an individul that does assess costs of items. I would like the brownish green if it were priced right. It certainly does not look at all like a yellow diamond, let alone a vivid yellow. Perhaps you can take other pictures or post the GIA report.
Annette

lamscott

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys.

I have not seen it in person. This would be an internet buy.

The refund policy is very good and I have 30 days to return it.

Maybe I should just buy it and return it if I do not like the it.

decisions decisions.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lamscott|1317331298|3029042 said:
Thanks guys.

I have not seen it in person. This would be an internet buy.

The refund policy is very good and I have 30 days to return it.

Maybe I should just buy it and return it if I do not like the it.

decisions decisions.

would you have the opportunity to see other fancy color stones as well, and assessing it between others stones too? one by itself could wow you until you see it next to another stone?

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
like many others here my main concern is what the strong green fluo would do to the stone in different lighting... if it's easy for you to purchase and return later, i would actually see the stone personally...

lamscott

Rough_Rock
Can you guys show me what a good lemony yellow diamond is suppose to look like under the sun?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lamscott|1317333710|3029085 said:
Can you guys show me what a good lemony yellow diamond is suppose to look like under the sun?

HI:

In general I think Princess cuts in fancy colors are difficult to find.

Diamonds by Lauren have many yellow diamonds--but didn't check 25 pages for Princess Cuts. They even have green-yellow stones for you to look at.
Leibish had a few pairs of yellow Princess cuts.
Ice Store didn't have any Princess cuts altho they have lots of other yellow shapes...

Check these websites and see what you can make of it...

cheers--Sahron

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lamscott|1317333710|3029085 said:

There is no such thing as "supposed to" when it comes to diamond color.
Whatever YOU like is perfect.

Personally, I like this yellow though it is a tad lime. :

yellow_diamond.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results