shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Shapes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Rockdoc, and others,

I have been researching diamonds trying to find my ideal pear-shaped diamond for quite some time. I see frequently and agree wholeheartedly that numbers are just an indicator of the diamonds potential for fancies and the only way to know it the diamond is good or not is to view it for yourself, (and an independant appraisal).

My question is, if you took a diamond, pear, square, rectangle, oval, ect, and duplicated it, shouldn't the duplicated stone look exactly like the first? Even in a fancy?

By duplicate, I mean exactly. All of the facets including the 40 minor facets are all the same size, at the same angle and at the same placement as the original. Why would there be a discrepancy, and what would cause this?

I know it is not currently possible to create a perfect fancy like you can for rounds, and thus eliminate the bowtie and still have 90%-100% light return and a great shape, but is it not possible to constantly create top quality with minimal bowtie and high light return with some degree of certainty?

There has to be more than a simple luck of the draw for the cutter that the diamond will turn out to a desired result.

Just a thought.

Rook

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Sorry but I am curious,

Bump,

Dave, Richard, Leonide, SteveL, Rhino, and other experts; Any thoughts????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results