shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Cut: Oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prjksfsh

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing the following fancy cut diamond: Oval, Table 58, Depth 54.8, Crown 13.9, Pav 38.5, Gridle THin - Slightly Thick and no cutlet.
In looking at the AGA Charts I noticed that all of the parameters do not land above the 2B category. In paricular the Depth is in the 3B class.
Does this mean that the diamond is not well cut and that I should not buy it?
It is a 1.23 Ct, color I, VS1 with VG Polish and VG Sym. In addition it is from an online site. I thought I was going to choose this stone until I began looking through this forum and site.
Now I am a little unsure.
Any advice??

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I buy rounds online - have been for years, and hardly ever return one. That is how the Cut Adviser HCA got developed. Buying a fancy shape online is too scary for me. I would let the vendor know you are going to have the stone shipped to one of the appraisers on the list, like Dave Atlas whose chart you are using.
They might even then want to ship more than 1 stone, they might get frightened about selling you a dog
naughty.gif

Get it?

The stone sounds too shallow - especially if it has a long length to width ratio. It might look dead as a dodo when dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results