shape
carat
color
clarity

Famous pearls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Large single strand.

Diana 15.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
emthup.gif

Diana 16.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Look at those mabe earrings!

Diana 18.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Something unique!

Diana 20.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
All done! I think this is my favorite picture of Diana. Very timeless.

Diana 24.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Brightlight!!

This thread would not be complete without pictures of Diana. Stunning photos, and she had a smile that could light up a city!!

I love the pics of Jackie Kennedy as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 11:57:19 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Here are The Queen Anne and Caroline pearl necklaces. A weddinf present to Princess Elizabeth from fer parents TM The King and The Queen in 1947. The two single strands are always worn together and as far as I know are worth at around 4 million pounds/euro. The Queen wears them at private occasions nowadays.
PoP,
Do you know if those are natural pearls (not cultured)? They look natural due to non perfect spherical shapes.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Japster

Rough_Rock
Michelle Obama

michelle-peardrops.jpg

Japster

Rough_Rock
Michelle again.

Obama11.jpg

Japster

Rough_Rock
Queen Silvia''s Necklace and Earrings.

QueenSilviasEarrings.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 1:26:22 PM
Author: brightlight
Lots of pearls
can anyone please post the recently up for aution Marie Anntoinette pearl and ruby necklace!
Also many years ago read an article where Princess Diana said she loved to mix her real pearls and other jewels with quality fakes to up-date her look and wear many strands at once.Always think of that when i see her in these photos where shes wearing multi-strand chokers.Still one one of the most beautiful ladies to wear pearls!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 1:13:20 PM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 7/7/2009 1:26:22 PM
Author: brightlight
Lots of pearls
can anyone please post the recently up for aution Marie Anntoinette pearl and ruby necklace!
Also many years ago read an article where Princess Diana said she loved to mix her real pearls and other jewels with quality fakes to up-date her look and wear many strands at once.Always think of that when i see her in these photos where shes wearing multi-strand chokers.Still one one of the most beautiful ladies to wear pearls!

Great idea - I almost forgot about those. I think they''re also displayed in the Royal Jewels thread. The actual necklace was not Marie Antoinette''s, but made for the pearls that she had owned.

Marie Antoinette ostensibly gave her precious pearls to a British countess to keep them in custody as the French queen was enslaved. Those pearls are today ready for auction at Christie’s International auction house in London.

The valuable ruby, diamond has been beautifully weaved into a necklace and is anticipated to fetch around $800,000. The auction is scheduled for 12 December. The pearls were delivered to Elizabeth Leveson-Gower, wife of the British ambassador to France during the French Revolution.

The necklace includes 21 graduated drop-shaped grey natural pearls, each suspended from an old-cut diamond culet surmount to the diamond ribbon that intertwines the ruby collar. The necklace has never been offered for sale before and the pearls have been in the same family for over 200 years.

MarieAntoinettePearls.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another picture.

marie-necklace2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a picture of Michelle Obama and Queen Elizabeth both wearing pearls. The pearls that the Queen is wearing I believe were a wedding gift to her from her parents, and part of the royal jewels going back to Queen Anne (but don't quote me on that). Bobby, "PrinceOfPreslav", would know better than I.

Michelle Obama chose a double strand of pearls and stud earrings for an audience with Queen Elizabeth II. The Queen is wearing a triple strand of pearls (more than likely rare natural pearls) and a floral diamond brooch.

QueenandMichele.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the trust, Tourmaline Lover.

The pearl necklace that HM The Queen wears isn't the one that her parents gave her. The ‘Queen Anne’ and ‘Queen Caroline’ pearl necklaces are two single pearl strands, that are always worn together. You can see them in my second post on the first page on a blue backgroud. HM wore them on her wedding day.
When the Obamas visited The UK in April, The Queen wore a three row graduated pearl necklace. This three row is her favourite daytime necklace and she rerely wears another one.
The Queens Anne & Caroline necklaces are usually worn at non formal/family occasions as on that photo.

Bobby

DWF15-478029.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Bobby!! When it comes to royal jewels, you''re certainly the expert!
9.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:21:06 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Thank you Bobby!! When it comes to royal jewels, you''re certainly the expert!
9.gif

Hi, TL!

Royal jewels are indeed my speciality, but I''m certainly not an expert. The information I have and use is what I''ve read in other sites, such as The Royal Forums, RJWMB and The Royal Collection.

And something more about The Queen''s pearls - It''s hard to be sure about pearls, especialy the ones from the British Royal Family. The Queen sometimes uses pearl strands from her collection to create new jewels (eg: a 4 row choker, probably some of her 3 rows). That''s why if the necklace isn''t the Duchess of Windsor''s we can''t be sure.
When you zoom the image, you can see the specific shape of some of Queen A&C pearls.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jackie O''s pearls were not real either. They were made by Kenneth J Lane and are on display at the smithsonian. Same for Nancy Reagans and Barbara Bush''s.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
At the Planting Fields they had an exhibit of Kenneth J. Lane’s jewelry. I didn’t know that every First Lady wore his fake pearls starting with Mamie Eisenhower! Even Jackie O and Barbara Bush!

luv2sparkle, my mom said the same thing recently!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, y2kitty, if your mom watches QVC thats where she probably heard it, same as I did. They sell some of his jewelry, and for the inauguration KJL did a
set of pearls that were given in a gift bag at one of the parties. They are a lovely large size in beautiful pastel colors. I have seen Nancy Pelosi wearing them.
They showed pictures of all the first ladies pearls. They actually have a lifetime warranty on them and look quite real. It blows my mind that none of these
ladies who could wear the real thing chose simulated.
Personally, I don''t care if no one could tell, I would know. I would rather wear real. I do have a set of the KJL ones and they are quite pretty and people stop
me on the street to ask about them, so there you go. Maybe that''s why.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Robert Wan apparently gave Paris Hilton a new black Tahitian pearl necklace as a gift. LAME! She won''t appreciate it. The necklace is lovely though, you can see it here at her fan site.Paris gets black Tahitians.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 7:03:34 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Jackie O''s pearls were not real either. They were made by Kenneth J Lane and are on display at the smithsonian. Same for Nancy Reagans and Barbara Bush''s.
Jackie O wore fake pearls????? Well, I''ll go to the foot of our stairs
emsmileo.gif

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
I looooove Michelle Obama''s strand of chunky pearls!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results