shape
carat
color
clarity

Famous couples

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of having my tables named after famous couples throughout history.
I''m sure someone has done this before......right? I can''t be the only one who has thought of this. I MUST have either seen it on here or some wedding website.

Anyway, I''m having trouble!
I want the couples to be recognizable by name, and they can be real couples or movie couples.

So far I''ve got--
Danny and Sandy (from Grease)

I''m SERIOUSLY drawing a blank. I tried googling it and all I keep getting are real couples like brad and angelina.
20.gif

I was thinking Romeo and Juliet or Hamlet and Ophelia...but, well.....they''re dead. hahaha.

Anyone have any ideas?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not Romeo and Juliet please. Star-crossed lovers as table names :)

What about Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair - although I''m not sure if they were together in real life.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip have had a very long marriage.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bonnie and Clyde
Adam and Eve
Anthony and Cleopatra
Lancelot and Guinevere
Fred and Wilma
Rhett and Scarlett
Mickey and Minnie
Tristan & Isolde

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Ooh..you guys are good.
I also found "Luke and Lorelai" (Although I''m not sure people will get it. Maybe it could be a fun conversation starter)
and "Ross and Rachel"

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Luke and Laura is definitely the most famous soap couple I can think of...

Jack and Jill? Dick and Jane? hehehehe...

(Still thinking)....

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite

Lucy and Ricky (or Lucy and Desi - their real names)

ahh I love that show

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hans Solo/Princess Leia
R2D2 and C3PO (not sure if that really works, but oh well)
John and Yoko

... ... ...

ETA love Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy!

Beauty and the Beast

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''ve wasted your time.
emembarrassed.gif

I can''t believe I didn''t think of it before. I really wanted something that was more "me" (since I doubt FI cares about this. lol)
and I finally figured it out. I''m going to name my tables after famous authors and playwrights, such as Shakespeare, Moliere, Dante Alighieri, Chaucer, and J.D. Salinger. Haha...I guess the last one doesn''t *quite* fit in if you look at it in a chronological way, but I love him!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're thinking about using writers as table names, too, Lucky! The only problem is that it would only be about me, since FI isn't a big reader, and he definitely hasn't read enough to have any favorite authors, he's probably never read more than three books by one author! Is your FI a big reader? Mine reads a lot of nonfiction, but I just can't get him to read literature. The writer theme would go along with his proposal, though . . .

Anyway, you have a really interesting collection of favorite writers--what's your favorite book and play? Sorry to be so nosey, I just love hearing about people's favorite texts!

My favorite book is Anthony Burgess's A Clockwork Orange. Plays are tough--I love Shakespeare's Hamlet (saw it twice at the RST in Stratford, swoon!), but Tom Stoppard's Arcadia is pretty high up there on my list, too.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 3:58:01 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Bonnie and Clyde
Adam and Eve
Anthony and Cleopatra
Lancelot and Guinevere
Fred and Wilma
Rhett and Scarlett
Mickey and Minnie
Tristan & Isolde
Hey TG: Any of the above pairings end well? Aside from Mickey and Minnie? Fred and Wilma?
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 5:24:34 PM
Author: Haven
We're thinking about using writers as table names, too, Lucky! The only problem is that it would only be about me, since FI isn't a big reader, and he definitely hasn't read enough to have any favorite authors, he's probably never read more than three books by one author! Is your FI a big reader? Mine reads a lot of nonfiction, but I just can't get him to read literature. The writer theme would go along with his proposal, though . . .

Anyway, you have a really interesting collection of favorite writers--what's your favorite book and play? Sorry to be so nosey, I just love hearing about people's favorite texts!

My favorite book is Anthony Burgess's A Clockwork Orange. Plays are tough--I love Shakespeare's Hamlet (saw it twice at the RST in Stratford, swoon!), but Tom Stoppard's Arcadia is pretty high up there on my list, too.
lol...my FI doesn't read AT ALL. I seriously don't think I've ever seen him read anything...now that I think about it. Oh wait...one time he got really into "Angels and Demons" on a plane ride. I think he got 100 pages in and then never touched the book again.

So, yeah. The table numbers I guess wouldn't have anything to do with him. But he's such a guy's guy that I can't think of anything that he might like that I would actually like too...like different gas-powered tools? lol!
I figure the theme might be fun since not only do I like it, but two women on FI's side are English teachers.

My favorite are definitely Hamlet, Othello...and seriously just anything by Shakespeare. The Divine Comedy...hmmm what else? TARTUFFE by Moliere. I would LOVE to see that play.
21.gif

I'm thinking of putting their pictures in a frame, but adding text in the bottom so you can see their name really big (because seriously...who's going to know what Chaucer looks like? lol. Or maybe I'll just add a photo of them at the placecard table for reference.). Maybe I'll add a quote from each one about love too.
9.gif

I'll probably make each photo into an oval but using rectangular frames. Sort of like this, but with the name undereath, hopefully.:

Dante Alighieri.png

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are all the couples I could come up with but some are a little weird:

Fred and Ginger
Bonnie and Clyde
Ross and Rachel
Madonna and Guy Richie
Victoria and David Beckham
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
Elvis and Priscilla Presley
Jack and Dianne (from John Mellencamp''s song)
Greta Garbo and ??? (she must have been linked with someone)
Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn
John Travolta and Kelly Preston
Bill and Hillary Clinton (this is BOUND to start a few conversations, but probably non wedding-friendly)
Luke and Laura (from General Hospital)
Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins
Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy
Rhett Butler and Scarlet O''Hara
the two from Casablanca -- why can''t I think of their names?
Holly Golightly and the guy in Breakfast at Tiffany''s
Doug and Carrie Heffernan (from King of Queens)
Ray and Deborah (from Everybody Loves Raymond)
Chandler and Monica from Friends
Ray''s parents -- I forget their names -- from ELR
Jimmy Stewart and ??? (wasn''t he with someone famous?)
Bill and Claire Huxtible (sp?) -- from the Cosby Show
the two from White Christmas
the two on the Titanic -- Jack and Rose, wasn''t it, or something like that? -- kinda ended tragically, though
Jackie and JFK
Charles and Camilla (again, a conversation starter but maybe not wedding friendly, depending on how you view them)

I know there are others but I can''t think of any at the moment. I may be back...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 5:34:50 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 11/23/2007 3:58:01 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Bonnie and Clyde
Adam and Eve
Anthony and Cleopatra
Lancelot and Guinevere
Fred and Wilma
Rhett and Scarlett
Mickey and Minnie
Tristan & Isolde
Hey TG: Any of the above pairings end well? Aside from Mickey and Minnie? Fred and Wilma?
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I love this idea. I planned to name my tables at my reception in this exact way until my grandmother found out...lol. She had a fit and told me that I shouldn''t be highlighting any other couples at my wedding besided my fiance and I. Especially not celebrity couples who tend to have twisted lives. I don''t really agree with her but it''s her one wish so I guess I will go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results