color
clarity

False Eyelashes

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Omg. Tips please!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
The ones that you have to refill every couple of weeks?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The ones that you have to refill every couple of weeks?

No, the ones you put on yourself every day. However, I would also like to hear about the salon option. :)

I am on my fifth try in a week. After much cussing, I always get them on and I think they look okay to others but I can see that tiny gap between my real lash line and the artificial eyelash line, and how they often are not all glued down on the sides. Not sure if that's beginner issues or if it's just how they are and okay.

My lashes have pretty much disappeared with age. I tried the prescription serum and it did work well. But I stopped it after reading about the horrible possible side effects.

I see women with false eyelashes on everywhere so I know it can't be as hard as it seems!

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
A month ago I saw MrCarPart's ex-wife wearing eyelash extensions. She has nice lashes anyway and they looked fabulous, spikey and gifted by nature. I know I couldn't put up with the process and would probably shut them in the car door, but it is a great look.

I tried the magnetic ones a few years ago. FAIL.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used Moxie Lash (magnetic) for awhile and found them easy to apply. I stopped using them because my natural lashes are long and brush against my glasses smearing the lenses and the false lashes made it worse.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I used Moxie Lash (magnetic) for awhile and found them easy to apply. I stopped using them because my natural lashes are long and brush against my glasses smearing the lenses and the false lashes made it worse.

You're most fortunate.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
No, the ones you put on yourself every day. However, I would also like to hear about the salon option. :)

I am on my fifth try in a week. After much cussing, I always get them on and I think they look okay to others but I can see that tiny gap between my real lash line and the artificial eyelash line, and how they often are not all glued down on the sides. Not sure if that's beginner issues or if it's just how they are and okay.

My lashes have pretty much disappeared with age. I tried the prescription serum and it did work well. But I stopped it after reading about the horrible possible side effects.

I see women with false eyelashes on everywhere so I know it can't be as hard as it seems!

I am like you and would never be able to put anything on my eyes/face by myself. It is annoying getting them done every 2-3 weeks, feels really high maintenance but I don't get my hair or nails done regularly so this is my treat.

The only downside is if you want it to last long.. don't wash your face too often and if you do, do not rub your eyes.. but once you get used to it it's fine. I have had these fake lashes in since 2018 and haven't been without!

This!! But with the salon ones you could get different lengths and curvatures so that they are not long enough to touch your glasses.

Capture.PNG

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
2018! Rock on! Anytime you'd like to show a photo . . .

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Okay here goes.. I didn't realise how difficult it was to find a recent decent photo of me haha.

Lost some weight in between.. got my eyebrows tattooed as well as lashes.. since having a baby I don't wear contacts as much anymore..
IMG_20240213_143248.jpg

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Okay here goes.. I didn't realise how difficult it was to find a recent decent photo of me haha.

Lost some weight in between.. got my eyebrows tattooed as well as lashes.. since having a baby I don't wear contacts as much anymore..
IMG_20240213_143248.jpg

Beautiful! I want all that. Ah, I'd have to shed 40 years as well.
Thanks for posting your lovely results!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_20240213_143248.jpg

you really really suit your glasses =)2

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you =)2

Beautiful! I want all that. Ah, I'd have to shed 40 years as well.
Thanks for posting your lovely results!
You can have all that girl! Well I think it does help and you don't have to think about it. I don't wear makeup and lucky my brows are already done!

you really really suit your glasses =)2
Thanks Daisy.. my sisters always complain that my glasses make me look "old". So this year I will try and find a different pair. I do love these ones though.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you =)2

You can have all that girl! Well I think it does help and you don't have to think about it. I don't wear makeup and lucky my brows are already done!

Thanks Daisy.. my sisters always complain that my glasses make me look "old". So this year I will try and find a different pair. I do love these ones though.

sisters dont always know what they are talking about ;)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't!

I tried applying the ones with just a few lashes onto my own on the outside, I failed miserably, and gave up.

Nowadays I use lash serum on a daily basis and it works wonders on my short stubby oriental lashes.

Still need to use the curler on them though, however, the results are very good with just one coat of waterproof mascara giving a natural look.

I don't like the clumpy and obviously false lash look myself.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @seaurchin I do not have experience with false eyelashes but I did apply bimatoprost to my brows (due to hair loss on my left brow years ago) and then my lashes and it worked very well. I have since discontinued because I am lazy that way lol. But it was very easy and RX only. You don't need false lashes if bimatoprost works for you

I'm sorry I cannot find a photo of before and after

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
dk168, which serum works for you? Is it OTC?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg. Tips please!

I tried looking up tips on YouTube and IG, and they looked too much of a faff so I gave up. :roll2:

Eyelash serum rocks in my book.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone try Lashify? I follow someone on IG who swears by them. She makes it look easy but I have my doubts! I wear glasses
so I could use something to make my eyes stand out better.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I had lash extensions for years and while they looked nice, I just got tired of all the maintenance. So I started using magnetic lashes and I liked them for a while. After realizing how heavily made up my eyes looked from the eyeliner adhesive, I moved on to regular falsies. I like these much better. The trick for me is applying the adhesive straight to my lash line like an eyeliner and then applying the lashes. If I put the glue on the lashes and apply to my eye, it always ends up being an epic fail...I don't know why. Here are the 3 different looks...

lash extensions..
le.jpg

Magnetic lashes..
20230128_192221.jpg

Regular falsies..
Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 2.23.43 PM.png

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never tried false eyelashes. I've used serums in the past. First, I used the one by Rodan and Fields, and it worked, but then I read that there was a class action about it, so I quit using it. Then I tried UKlash as mentioned by @dk168 but that didn't do anything for me. I just ordered another one that got good reviews, called The Ordinary, so we'll see. My daughter uses magnetic ones, and really likes them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried looking up tips on YouTube and IG, and they looked too much of a faff so I gave up. :roll2:

Eyelash serum rocks in my book.

i'm just happy if a loose natural one doesnt end up in my eye
i just know falsies are not for me, i would end up poking myself in the eye

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had lash extensions for a few years, not spiders legs, just natural looking ones. They were fine, but after a while I noticed my own lashes were shedding. I stopped and started using the UK Lash serum, and honestly, it worked wonders for me. Occasionally I’d also go for a lash lift, and that really helps too, but I wouldn‘t do it too often.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Magnetic???? So confused... Do you use a liner of some sort that's magnetic? How do they stick, because I'm pretty sure you can't put the magnetic part on the inside of your eyelid. :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results