shape
carat
color
clarity

False Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Last night I totally thought my bf was about to propose for about 15 seconds. We had just got back from a walk and I was sitting on the couch. He goes to the back of the house and is doing something for awhile. While he was gone I start thinking it would be nice if he came in here with a ring right now and asked me to marry him. So right after that he comes waltzing in the room with his hands behind his back and a smile on his face. My heart starts racing. Then he says "I have something for you." Heart really racing. He bends down on his knees in front of me on the couch. Dying now. And says "A HUG!" and wraps me in his arms.
20.gif

Good grief! It was like a sitcom or something. The funny thing is he had NO idea I was thinking all of that. LOL

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Were you able to laugh it off or did you give him the silent treatment? I would have been so bummed that I probably would have been in a foul mood the rest of the night!
11.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
No, I''m pretty sure he knew what you were thinking... What a joke-ster! Seems like you both have a great sense of humor. :)

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Snickerdoodle - Oh no, I wasn't upset. I just laughed it off. It was my own mind racing.
20.gif

lliang_chi - Yeah, I know it sounds like that but he really didn't know. He's just a bit of a dork sometimes. And actually the topic of false proposals came up when watching tv later and I told him I would KILL him if he ever did that.
12.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OMG, what a tease!

31.gif

I''ll bet it''s coming soon. Are you SURE he had no idea what he was doing?

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Well gosh, I didn''t think so...but yes I really do think it is coming soon!
31.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Yes, to me it sounds like he''s having a ton of fun with it -- because it''s coming soon!

What a naughty sense of humor he has!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!

Hope it''s super soon!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL - He has GOT to know that''s what you were thinking!!!

He needs his butt kicked! :)

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Well yes, if he knew he definitely needs his butt kicked!
11.gif

He''s pretty lucky he is amazing and I love him!
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
He set you up baby! He knew you were going to think it was coming...little brat! Very funny. That is totally something my BF would do to me...grrrrr...
29.gif

Sounds like a good guy though. I am sure it is going to happen soon for you!
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 1:35:31 PM
Author: Bia
9.gif
He set you up baby! He knew you were going to think it was coming...little brat! Very funny. That is totally something my BF would do to me...grrrrr...
29.gif
Mine too!

brooke.lynne

Rough_Rock
9.gif
He was DEFINITELY pulling your leg! Not unlike Jim''s fake-out proposal to Pam last week....

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 9:42:13 PM
Author: brooke.lynne
9.gif
He was DEFINITELY pulling your leg! Not unlike Jim''s fake-out proposal to Pam last week....
Did you see the one last night?!?! Where he proposed that it would be good of her to get him a cup of coffee?! Hahaha!

Boys are mean.
14.gif
9.gif

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
I saw those episodes of The Office! LOL

Well.....it is definitely happening soon!
9.gif

We were talking this weekend about when/where we want to get married. We both want to elope and not have the whole wedding thing and then have a dinner with our immediate families sometime after. Well BF sister is getting married in July and he said he wanted to make sure his sister didn''t think we were trying to steal her thunder. I told him I doubt she would care since we wouldn''t be having a wedding to compete with or anything. Plus she is pretty laid back. But I told him if he thought she''d have a problem them we could certainly wait. Then he starts saying well he didn''t think she would care. Later that day he goes in the backyard to have a "private conversation" with his sister.
20.gif
He is SO bad at covering up! Then after talking to his sister he was really happy. Then had to have a couple more "private conversations" with his mom and his dad. Later his sister called him and I heard her ask him "So, have you told mom and dad?!" and he stutters and says "Umm, I can''t really..." and I hear her say "Oh, Just_Me is right there? Well let me know when you do it, I''m excited!".

I''m really excited!
9.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results