shape
carat
color
clarity

fall brides, where are you honeymooning?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i'm excited; we just confirmed all of honeymoon reservations (w/only about a month till the wedding). we had tossed around the idea of belize but it ended up we'll be spending 8 nights in roatan, honduras. fi & i have a great friend who lives in honduras who was really able to help us get a price that can't be beat. snorkeling/diving's supposed to be amazing & i've never been out of the u.s. so i'm just plain excited!

so, co-fall brides, where are you headed? :wavey: :wavey: sunny & tropical, hustle & bustle city, relaxing mountains? i love hearing about people's travel plans!!
(i know we had a honeymoon thread not too long ago but i thought maybe some new people have started planning theirs!)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hawaii :bigsmile:

ETA: Your trip sounds like it is going to be amazing.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
honduras sounds amazing!! and how awesome to have a good friend there also! we were originally going to go to hawaii because we only have about a week's time and we felt we could do it [relatively] inexpensively, since my FSIL graciously offered to pay for everything. imagine my shock the day my FI called and said that FSIL suggested we go to italy instead!! :bigsmile: we're going to rome and naples, and i think, even more than the amazing sight seeing and just soaking up all that history and culture, i'm most excited to EAT!!!! pasta, wine, and birth place of pizza, let me at it!!!!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
hawaii was on our possible list. i must make it there someday! fi was stationed there for 5 years when he was in the navy but he's dying to go back.

and ITALY!!!!! omg, i'm beyond jealous. please tell us all about it when you get back & share a few pics too :tongue: :tongue:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Italy??? So jealous!!

Me and my FI have been wanting to go to Italy since we met. We had a trip planned 2 years ago, and than FI got laid off, so the trip got called off.

We thought about doing it for the HM, but it is too much expense wise, and getting the time off would be rough. So we are now planning on going next summer. JJC - your trip sounds like it is going to be great.

Lulu - I hope you get to go to Hawaii someday soon. But you have a great trip planned right now.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
haha thanks ladies!! i don't really believe it myself, probably won't until i'm on the plane! ::) italy has always been our dream destination also. didn't think we'd get there for another 20 years or so, so it's all pretty unreal. i will def come back with pics!

i LOVE hawaii, there's really nothing that can beat that aloha spirit. just completely cleanses the spirit :))
and lulu your trip sounds so amazing, and i'd imagine you'll be having lots of yummy eats too! haha can you tell i can't wait to just pig the hell out after the wedding?!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I have to plan our HM around my school calendar, in order to avoid taking unpaid leave. We won't be taking our HM right away after the November wedding. We will likely wait until my Easter break in April to take a cruise together in the Caribbean.

Rome is on my bucket list - I am so envious!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I've been totally MIA and promise to catch up on my posting here soon! Last minute stuff and some major guest list issues had me distracted!

We are going to Hawaii! Kauai to be specific. The travel agents we spoke with said Caribbean could be hit or miss with it being hurricane season, which was sort of a bummer because there were a few places I would have liked to check out, not to mention it could have been more affordable... however, we are psyched! I never in my life though I'd make it to Hawaii, so I hope it is as beautiful as everyone says!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Everybody's plans sound so fun!

Lulu, I love that the first place you are going out of the country is Honduras. Sounds adventurous!!!

JJC, please do eat and drink everything in Italy for the rest of us!

We are honeymooning where we are getting married Riviera Maya, MX. Hurricanes never scare me. There is like one all of the 6 month season in all of the Caribbean. I have been to different islands in the Caribbean 3 times during hurricane season and nothing bad yet. Plus hotels are cheaper and there are a lot less crowds...my type of tropical paradise.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Another Hawaii honeymooner here. We are splitting our time between Kauai and Maui. Neither of us has ever been, so we are psyched!!

A friend of mine went to Italy for her honeymoon last November, and she and her husband absolutely adored it. Heard wonderful things about Riviera Maya!

Honestly? We could be going anywhere and I'd be thrilled - just having the opportunity to get away for more than a week for a real vacation makes me swoon!

We want to go to Spain. Valencia for sure, not sure about where else in the country. But, definitely Spain.

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
Our honeymoon will be 8 days on St. John. I'm so excited to lay on the beach and do *nothing* for a week!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
CurlySue said:
Honestly? We could be going anywhere and I'd be thrilled - just having the opportunity to get away for more than a week for a real vacation makes me swoon!

THIS.

we are too! for a minute, i didn't really think our honeymoon would come together. we were kinda procrastinating it. but now that it's all official we are super psyched. FI will have over 2 weeks off from work (i'm currently unemployed, so i have everyday off). he's taking two days before the wedding, then 2 weeks after: 1/2 week for visiting with family still here, 1 + week for honeymoon, 1/2 for recuperation time. needless to say, he's (we're) super pumped!

really, everyone please come back & share all about your honeymoons they all sound fab!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to Sardinia (island in Italy) for two weeks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These all sound amazing :bigsmile:

We're going to Greece for two weeks!! I'm SO excited, it'll be our first international trip together and my very first time in the mediterranean! Though unfortunately I'm most likely going to have to do a little work while we're gone :sick:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
We are spending 2 weeks in Toyko, Taiwan, and Thailand (we call it the three T's!!!) :bigsmile:

Everyone's HM plans sound awesome! I've never been to Honduras, Carribean, Mexico, Spain or Greece (all on my bucket list!) However, I can vouch that Hawaii is heavenly and Italy is amazing, with a fantastic combination of art & culture, history, big city bustle, beautiful landscapes, and OMG -the food!!!!

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
mol42 said:
We are spending 2 weeks in Toyko, Taiwan, and Thailand (we call it the three T's!!!) :bigsmile:

Everyone's HM plans sound awesome! I've never been to Honduras, Carribean, Mexico, Spain or Greece (all on my bucket list!) However, I can vouch that Hawaii is heavenly and Italy is amazing, with a fantastic combination of art & culture, history, big city bustle, beautiful landscapes, and OMG -the food!!!!

Where in Taiwan are you visiting? I am originally from there and have gone back every year to visit family. Let me know if you need recommendations :)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:
These all sound amazing :bigsmile:

We're going to Greece for two weeks!! I'm SO excited, it'll be our first international trip together and my very first time in the mediterranean! Though unfortunately I'm most likely going to have to do a little work while we're gone :sick:

i don't know who i'm most envious of: hawaii, mexico, italy, spain, the 3 T's ;-) ?!?! but yssie, i think you win. greece is like almost the tippy-top of my "must go there" wish list. austria/hungary (my ancestry is hungarian) is first but greece is a close second.

gosh, we fall brides, are pretty lucky, huh? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
AsscherNut said:
Where in Taiwan are you visiting? I am originally from there and have gone back every year to visit family. Let me know if you need recommendations :)

Hi AsscherNut!
I'm originally from Taiwan as well! :appl: However, I haven't been back there since 2000, so I'm sure things have changed. We're staying in Taipei with my cousin, and my new DH will get to meet a whirlwind of relatives!
Any must see place in Taipei to show someone who's never been to Asia?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Like Mannequin, I'm a teacher so we're getting married in November over Thanksgiving break but won't take our honeymoon until the Christmas holidays. We're going on a cruise through Australia & New Zealand so we're totally thrilled. But everyone's honeymoon destinations sound fabulous.

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
we're going to Australia for 17 days (15 when you deduct travel time). it's the trip of a lifetime, so i cannot WAIT!!!

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
mol42 said:
AsscherNut said:

Hi AsscherNut!
I'm originally from Taiwan as well! :appl: However, I haven't been back there since 2000, so I'm sure things have changed. We're staying in Taipei with my cousin, and my new DH will get to meet a whirlwind of relatives!
Any must see place in Taipei to show someone who's never been to Asia?

mol42,

That's what my DH and I will be doing next year. We got married last year, but haven't had a chance to take him back yet.
All of our relatives are in Taipei too, so I'm very familiar with. I was there in Oct 2009.

Must See/Eats:

Taipei 101 ( they have an AMAZING rotating sushi bar at the food court, if you guys like sushi)
National Museum
Shi-Ling Night Market (great for small eats and bargaining shopping)
Beitou (hot springs)
Tamshui ( great seaside town)
Jade Market (opened on weekends only)

(most of these places, you can easily get on the MRT or bus)

I'll think of some more...but if you have any questions let me know :)

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
AustenNut said:
Like Mannequin, I'm a teacher so we're getting married in November over Thanksgiving break but won't take our honeymoon until the Christmas holidays. We're going on a cruise through Australia & New Zealand so we're totally thrilled. But everyone's honeymoon destinations sound fabulous.

What cruise line are you going on? My DH and I honeymooned in Australia and New Zealand last Dec 2009/10. We did a cruise of both and then had a land tour of Aussie w/ an extension of 4 nights in Sydney. Absolutely the trip of a lifetime :)

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
LAG2010 said:
we're going to Australia for 17 days (15 when you deduct travel time). it's the trip of a lifetime, so i cannot WAIT!!!

Where in Aussie are you visiting? My DH and I had our honeymoon in Australia and NZ in Dec 2009/Jan2010. You will absolutely LOVE it down there!!! Our goal is to immigrate/retire there :D

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
AsscherNut said:
AustenNut said:

What cruise line are you going on? My DH and I honeymooned in Australia and New Zealand last Dec 2009/10. We did a cruise of both and then had a land tour of Aussie w/ an extension of 4 nights in Sydney. Absolutely the trip of a lifetime :)

We're going to be on the Diamond Princess, departing Dec 22. We'll have an extra day in Sydney at the start and a day in Auckland at the end, but then we have to get back to school. We'll already be taking an extra 2 days off in addition to our Christmas break to take this trip, though of course we'd love to have more time there. What cruise line were you on? And which spots were your favorites?

And LAG2010, how cool that you'll be in Australia too!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to Puerto Rico but not until May and only for 5 days/4 nights. We are both self-employed and just trying to get the time off to actually get married is a chore...so we are waiting until our slow seasons to go on our honeymoon. :( We weren't going to take one at all, so this is a compromise.

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
AustenNut said:
AsscherNut said:
AustenNut said:

We're going to be on the Diamond Princess, departing Dec 22. We'll have an extra day in Sydney at the start and a day in Auckland at the end, but then we have to get back to school. We'll already be taking an extra 2 days off in addition to our Christmas break to take this trip, though of course we'd love to have more time there. What cruise line were you on? And which spots were your favorites?

And LAG2010, how cool that you'll be in Australia too!

We were on the Diamond Princess as well! We did a Princess cruise/tour (12 day cruise/8 day land, plus extra nights in Sydney). The cruise was the reverse of yours and had the bonus port of Phillip Island , Australia. It was absolutely amazing! We had a balcony and were on the Lido deck. Every port was fabulous and it's hard to pick a fav. It's a tie with Phillip Island and Hobart, Tasmania.

Make sure you take lots of pictures of the scenic cruising of the Fjordlands....Breathtaking!!!!

Let me know if you have any questions about the ship or shore excurions :)

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
hi asschernut and austennut- sorry for the late reply, totally forgot to check back on this post.

we're leaving 10/3 and going to sydney, port douglas, daintree rainforest, qualia/hamilton island, cairn and melbourne. i'm a little nervous about packing - i heard the intercontinental airlines have very strict weight guidelines.

autennut - you'll have great weather when you go! it'll be more like early spring for us.
asscher - any recommendations for places to eat in sydney? we're huge foodies and have already started research restaurants.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results