shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall bridal bouquets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for any ideas you might have for bouquets for a fall wedding! (September)

We have not set a color scheme just yet, and I wanted to look at flowers before I order invites, etc. We are having a very small wedding, so I don''t think we''re stuck making everything match, but I would still like things to look ok together!

Thanks!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having my wedding in early fall (Sept 3) and am having daisies as my flower. I will have have a bouquet of orange and red Gerber daisies.

Also, www.weddingchannel.com has a list of all the flowers that are in season for Summer, Spring, Fall, Winter, it helps with deciding what flower you want to go with. It''s in the flower section.

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting married on October 8th and I''m going to carry 6 red calla lilies, alone, I think, unless my florist has a better idea. My bridesmaids will carry three white ones, groomsmen in white calla bouts and fiance in red calla bout. Centerpieces will be bunches of sunflowers. I''ve also seen a sunflower bouquet done, which was gorgeous and they are in-season in the fall.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
we are getting married in nov. of this year. i am planning on using dark red peonies. i am not sure if just the BMs will be carrying them or me too. I might go with a white peony for my bouquet.

47b4db03b3127ccebeb6c145c8750000001610.jpg

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
i''m doing hand tied dark red roses for me, and hand tied cream roses for my BMs (who are wearing dark read).

:)

E B

Ideal_Rock
What about dark red mini cala lilies? They also come in shades of reddy-orange, which would be gorgeous!

Burgundy Callas

Rust Callas

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madeleine, I got married 9-21-03 and wanted to use "fall" colors. My florist based my bouquet off this picture. It had cinnamon calla lilies, champagne roses, some other roses, but she also added different greenery and hypernicum berries (burnt red). It was very "fall" looking while still "bridal."

fallbouq.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got these pics from the FTD website but your florist should have pictures for you to look through (like a catalog) as well to help you find what you like. I ended up having brick red hand tied james story orchids for the BM''s; their dresses were champagne. The guys had cinnamon calla lily and hypernicum berry boutonneires (sp?). I''ll see if I can round up a pic and post later on.

W17-3361.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad I saw this thread! Our wedding will be Nov. of 07, and I was also looking for some fall flowers! I was thinking of a gold color, deep red (burgundy) and chocolate. What flowers are chocolate? Roses, I know. Callas? Gerber daisies? Shoot. I think I may have to toss some cream in there to keep the mood light. I love the deep red peonies!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
monarch- please do post if you can!! i would LOVE to see pics!

AmberWaves- have you thought of doing chocolate dresses and either cream or deep red flowers for the BMs?

although not the dress, this is the color of my BMs dresses. they are also going to have chocolate brown pashminas for the reception.

but for my bouquet, i'm not too sure...
and i don't know about the bouts. either.

jh1645222.jpg

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
This website lists the flowers available by month so I''d suggest starting here http://www.freshroses.com/sept.html

This is the bouquet my florist put together and I couldn''t have been happier.

my sept bouquet.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I'm going for black beauty roses for my late September wedding.
Here's a pic from a wedding my florist did. I want the exact same bouquet.

blkbeauty bouquet.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of cream roses for the BM (If I have any, not sure yet!) and chocolate dresses. I think I''d have a much better time getting my fiance to wear brown instead of gold, or red! I was really set on Freesia and sweatpeas, but those flowers won''t be available in Fall. Booo.
7.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I am having a spring wedding...but if it were in the fall, I would have liked to used chocolate cosmos.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 5:14:38 PM
Author: AmberWaves
I love the idea of cream roses for the BM (If I have any, not sure yet!) and chocolate dresses. I think I''d have a much better time getting my fiance to wear brown instead of gold, or red! I was really set on Freesia and sweatpeas, but those flowers won''t be available in Fall. Booo.
7.gif

That''d be perfect! Chocolate and cream go perfectly...not to mention, they''re delicious :D

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, I know, I could just see my family going, "Amber has to have dessert EVERYWHERE she looks, doesn''t she?" Chocolate cosmos, good idea, thanks!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I used roses and copper beach leaves. My colors were pink and brown so the roses were ivory and pink. The leaves were a bronze color and added such a nice touch.

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
Monarch64 - I LOVE the bouquets you posted. I am not sure what colors to go with. I love the champagne roses, though, those are lovely.

I was thinking of going with pink and brown, or like a pomegranate-red and brown for our colors.

You guys all have such lovely flowers. Keep them coming, these are great!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
jcrow-have you checked with your florist to see if you could get peonies? I got married in July and I couldn''t even get them then.....

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes, IslandDreams we have. she''s actually checked and double-checked. i am a bit nervous though and should really have a back up plan!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, finally able to get online at home after the past two nights (our internet provider had accidentally cut us off!
6.gif
) Anyway, here are some pics of my bouquet, hopefully they''re not too small! And forgive me, I still don''t know how to get multiple pics in the same post, sorry!

fallbou03.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The previous pic was my DH''s extended fam...he is directly behind me. This one is inside the clubhouse...you can see the colors in my bouquet and the contrast of the cinnamon callas and greenery against the champagne roses. That''s our wedding cake in the forefront--one of DH''s admins made it for us for $100 but I forgot the topper that day, lol!

mhwdg03.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s one more of the bouquet--my father walking me down the aisle. Hopefully you can see the bouquet, or at least the colors. (My dress was ivory, btw...)

hndad03.jpg

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
Monarch64 - those are GORGEOUS! I love it! BTW, your dress is fabulous too! Do you mind if I ask who makes it and what model it is? It''s beautiful!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2006 9:36:14 AM
Author: madeleine
Monarch64 - those are GORGEOUS! I love it! BTW, your dress is fabulous too! Do you mind if I ask who makes it and what model it is? It''s beautiful!
Thanks Madeleine! I got married in Sep. of 2003, and purchased the dress in March of ''03, so I''m not sure if that same style is still being made. It was a Mon Cheri, though. If you go to her website there are a few somewhat similar styles for 2006, but I haven''t seen mine on there for quite some time, unfortunately!
7.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hola Madeleine my ring twin!

I was a bridesmaid last October and the color was a crimson red. The flowers for bride and bridesmaids were in various shades of red and brown (including chocolate cosmos!) I wish I had pictures to show you. It was really wonderful. As it happens crimson is one of my favorite colors to wear, and the bride gave us lovely garnet jewelry to wear with the dresses. It worked out very well. Oh, now I am thinking about how much I love the fall.

Also, my dress was Mon Cheri (5 years ago!) and I can''t speak highly enough of the brand. I had a great experience getting my dress. It was great quality and reasonably priced for designer.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I was originally thinking about a fall wedding. I''ll post a couple that I saved:

georgia autumn.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
This is less "fall" I guess...

loose with fiddlehead ferns.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Are dahlias available in the fall? I thought they were, but now I''m not seeing them on these flower season lists.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madeleine, I think you will have to keep in mind what your skin-tone is, in the end, no? As you can see from some of the pics I posted, I''m very warm-toned, and deep-oranges and russets worked well with my ivory dress and my skin tone. (I know it was a big arrogant of me to only consider how I would look with the wedding colors, but hey, that''s what I wanted, lol!)

I think the colors you mentioned before (pink and brown, or red and brown) would look lovely for a fall wedding. I''m guessing you have a pink undertone to your skin, or wear "cool" makeup? I may be completely wrong, I am just taking a stab at things here!

I love all the flowers others have posted! Even though I got married 2.5 years ago I still love to visit this forum and see what''s new and exciting, and to give advice when it''s solicited! I miss being a bride to be so much when I read all your stories! I just hope I can be of some help sometimes!

I know whatever you decide on will be beautiful. I didn''t have the Internet when planning my wedding, so I based all my color decisions off what I had in my head and from bridal mags...it turned out well but I didn''t have the additional help of a forum like this, unfortunatley. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time (or forwards?) just so I could have this kind of support--you girls are lucky!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results